• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO and foul language

Pycckuu

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
I'm sure alot of us don't want to come home late, get on the computer to play some RO just to hear some immature child using his high pitched voice and poor grammar to call you inapropriate things. Therefore, I propose RO comes with a swear filter, standard. All bad words (except for Jesus, he was cool, plus its not a bad word) will be filtered out (maybe leave some British curse words in, they can be funny at times). In addition to that, internet cliches, such as orly, yarly, ftw, ftl, qft, and so on, should be filtered out. Furthermore, I propose that leetspeak should also be regarded as foul language, and therefore be filtered. Using a number to replace a vowel should result in a 1 hour long ban, with additional 2 hours added for each vowel replaced with a number. This way, we can keep the maturity level relatively high, and even have some intellectual discussions while we play.
What do you guys think?

I'll just turn it off.

I can understand how someone over-using a curse word as every other word out of their mouth, but imo it makes perfect sense in a situation of a game where the basis is to killed or be killed that someone might actually swear from time to time...

I never understood all those people in dod and such that got so upset at the mention of just one little "bad" word. It's a freaking game where you're killing other people, words are far from as bad as that imo, they're not going to jump out and bayonet you with their Syllables.

Just have a filter on/off switch and make everyone happy I say.

I just hope no servers ban me for letting out the "d" word after a frustrating moment though....I mean I'm sure when a soldier almost got killed he just whistled a little tune and if an officer heard him he sent him to the gallows...

Upvote 0
Pycckuu said:
I'm sure alot of us don't want to come home late, get on the computer to play some RO just to hear some immature child using his high pitched voice and poor grammar to call you inapropriate things. Therefore, I propose RO comes with a swear filter, standard. All bad words (except for Jesus, he was cool, plus its not a bad word) will be filtered out (maybe leave some British curse words in, they can be funny at times). In addition to that, internet cliches, such as orly, yarly, ftw, ftl, qft, and so on, should be filtered out. Furthermore, I propose that leetspeak should also be regarded as foul language, and therefore be filtered. Using a number to replace a vowel should result in a 1 hour long ban, with additional 2 hours added for each vowel replaced with a number. This way, we can keep the maturity level relatively high, and even have some intellectual discussions while we play.
What do you guys think?

Considering that people shoot down intelligent discussions with comments such as "LoL stfu and play!" even though the people taking part in the discussion would have the highest scores, your entire idea is moot if you want that.

Upvote 0
We have an add-on due on 1st April next year - the auto-translator for chat and VOIP. We're currently planning to allow you to choose German or Russian (other languages such as Kazakh or Eedjit to follow later...). All swearing will be auto-translated into your chosen language, from English or l33t. It will also be work "back in time" so that it will use more appropriate phraseology that will fit authentically into the period.

Hope this helps :) Really.

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
We have an add-on due on 1st April next year - the auto-translator for chat and VOIP. We're currently planning to allow you to choose German or Russian (other languages such as Kazakh or Eedjit to follow later...). All swearing will be auto-translated into your chosen language, from English or l33t. It will also be work "back in time" so that it will use more appropriate phraseology that will fit authentically into the period.

:D
I can't wait ;)

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:

Wilsonam pulls the pin...tosses the nade............."Where's the earth-shattering kaboom?" :p

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:

Thanks for derailing my thread ;(
p.s i wasn't 100% serious :)

Upvote 0