• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 September Free Update now available!

its gamey at best...it seems you must drop all yer weapons and ammo to pick the nades up then search the ground for yer weapon and then for the ammo pouch....hardly what i would call an improvement IMO...shoot whomever came up with the way this fix works.

Best part is: It took 2 months =D.

(with one coder i guess it's reasonable)

Upvote 0
Loads of Lag...

Please investigate and get it fixed....

Tripwire have so far been very good with resolving problems, I hope they are equally prompt in fixing this issue.

Additionally, the G41 rifle is way too accurate considering it is supposed to be the pre-runner to the G43... The G41 is presently a better weapon than the revised and 'improved' G43.

On the whole, I'm pleased with the content of the new Patch, I would just like to see some refinements to the issues that are noted above.

Upvote 0
I've gotten pretty used to the voices. If they had just a little more sump'm sump'm, they'd be just fine.

About the lag:
It seems to spike every now and then, but I don't think it's anything chronic. Probably because of the new ragdoll effects. But then again, if ragdolls are client side, then why does it seem to affect the server so much? :confused:

Upvote 0
G41 actually performed better, but was prone to jamming unless properly maintained (much like the story of the M16) from what I have gathered from the other devs.

SWEET, WE ARE GETTING M16's IN THE NEXT RO PATCH :D
Just kidding.

To be on topic, I hope to see a small bug fix only update soon just for the lag solution.

Good luck guys.

Upvote 0
I have never danced around the issue. We are looking into it.

Some facts

1) We have some reports that said this started happening before the update
2) We have been unable to get this to happen on the RO dev server or the Tester server under load while we were watching it

It is one of our priorities and we will continue to look into it untill we determine the cause and then fix it.

Upvote 0
I've installed 2GB RAM tonight into the machine I'm playing the game on and low and behold... The lag spikes are still there.

One minute I'll be running along and the next, I'll appear in a totally different place, sometimes inside building I was outside a blink of an eye ago.

FPS is averaging 30-50 with nearly everything on 'Max' but with HDR Bloom turned off. I'm running the game on a Windows XP Pro machine and my ping is usually very low, as the connection is 8mb.
All that said, the lag spikes are still there and it is somewhat annoying, especially if I've just got myself into a nice 'sniper position' and suddenly I've moved 20 metres and I'm laying on the ground under the nose of an enemy.. !!

I trust Tripwire will look into this with seriousness (they've been on the ball so far, in general). I look forward to a swift resolution.

Upvote 0