• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 September Free Update now available!

If you have a 56k dial-up connection, it makes very little difference if the server is 100 metres down the street. You'll still get a higher ping rate than the person 3000 miles away with an 8mb connection on a decent Telecoms backbone.

I agree that someone on a 2mb connection based in the USA, using a USA-based server may achieve better pings than someone with an 8mb connection in the UK connecting to that same US-based server. I do not disagree with that.

What I point out is that my connection is not an issue of contention when it comes to accessible bandwidth. It helps narrow down the possibilities, hence providing the information.

The issue is the Patch. I aren't the only one commenting about it. Many servers are experiencing problems, resulting in many clients suffering lag spikes and 'warping' within the game that wasn't evident before the patch (in many people's experience).

Upvote 0
My ping (F1 Menu) appear to be the same as pre patch on most of my frequented servers, I have been experiencing some lag spiking especially on some of the tank servers predominently when there is alot going on around me & thus getting the odd blank round fired (Normally when in fight).

Did play a infanty map & experience some warping even though pings appeared to be constant. very odd indeed as I normally stick to servers with sub 100 pings on master server list & in game get average 48-60 ping which is not bad considering I am in middle of nowhere on a 512/256k DSL connection.

Upvote 0
SorrybUT it SUX

SorrybUT it SUX

Sorry lads,
I rely like this game from mod time but this Patch SUX
1-Voices F**** up very bad actors!
2-If you add g-41 add jamming also ( just like they have in AA),cause this is f**** up too ,this thing is perfect to control,almost no recoil,I can put bullet almost in same spot just like MP-41
3- LAG... and I have good rig ,it's deffenetly patch :(
4-This game needs more hit points on tanks ( I hit tank from 100 M on the side ,maybe not quite in the sweet spot,but still it should have some dammage to it!!!)
Altogether sorry but this patch sux,sorry again,I know U lads are trying hard to make this game the best ww2 game but this last patch ,obviously influensed by the free week and hole bunch of Noobs complaining how hart it is and unfair sometimes.

Upvote 0
There are my comments on the patch:

-new Russian voices
-new jogging animations
well it is different compared to before; not better not worser

-new icons
I don't like them

-new pick up system
nice idea, but in certain situations it workes worser then the old pickup system

-old class names
yeah!

-new lag
it is sometimes almost unplayable

-G41
I like the weapon and agree with the accuracy and recoil, but

-> make it a rare weapon
-> This game needs desperately a system where weight and size of weapons are represented.
Just look at the weigth and size of the G41; It must have been a very unhandy weapon. This is represented in no way now. It can be used used as fast and smooth as every other weapon now.

Upvote 0