• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Realism id

TheBeagle said:
Save them? I usually end up shooting them in the face. Especially that asian guy. He always looks at me funny.

There's also civilians in AA like in the SF map Hospital. It's an ROE violation if you shoot, them but I do anyway. I hate that cowering nurse. I'm like "Don't you know who I am? I'm tha Juggernaut, *****!" *pop, pop, pop, Leavenworth*

omg lol. Thats the funniest thing ive heard all day. THA JUGGAHNAUT *****!!!!

Anyway, i like the idea. I know it may be controversial, so maybe make it an official turnoffable mod, like a mutator?

Upvote 0
Capt.Marion said:
It would probably end up with ppl screaming CIVVIE CAMPING! or NURSE CAMPING!, just like in AA

The game sure has degraded since I left (LOL)

IMO, civilians are a bad idea. It just is too hard to implement correctly, then have everyone online follow the rules and not shoot them (unless they shoot you first) and of course, you can an annoying idiot (no offense meant to anyone, don't flame me please) running around gunning them down for cheap laughs.

AFAIK, Russian partisans who opposed the Communist rule shot the Russians too, as well as fight the Germans.

Upvote 0
Deathsai said:
You know, if you go to any major Call of Duty forum, there will be tons of CODlings who say that Call of Duty is a realistic representation of World War II.

If you think this is bad...

This is a fairly big problem these days...big-budget products look cool and play like a war movie, and all the kiddies think since they look so 'real' they must be 'realistic'!

Upvote 0
All you blokes who want civilians in game (especially the freaks who want them shootable, double especially the freaks who wants kids and elderly people) need to get your heads checked for major mental problems you bunch of screwed up idiots.

Good lord, realism is one thing, but that is sick, and not welcome in any game, Even the GTA series which managed to get its self banned from most places at some stage didn't allow you to kill children.

Upvote 0
I don't know about Europe, but in every single War ever fought on American Soil Civilians picked up rifles and joined the fight. But I think this is more of a custom skin type thing where on some of the city maps players skins could be half civilian half piece-meal combat equipment. I don't think that civilian bots is going to improve gameplay.

Maybe if there were consequences for killing civilian, but we all know that immature players [myself included sometimes] would shoot civ-bots for kicks...or if they wouldn't get the heck outa my way.:eek:

I like the Idea of K9-Units, the Dogs' Master could sick his 'Best Friend' on His worst enemy. :D

Upvote 0
now i dont know about you but i was a civilian, in a full scale ingagement, id get the HELL out of there.

when there is a much fighting going on as in the avarige RO: O map i dont think you'd see a whole lot of civilians during the fighting. they've have fled the general area long befor the fireright got up to that level.

so all in all, no civilians on the map is perfectly realistic.

Upvote 0