• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Q1 2011 will close end......

TWI's view on what a beta is has never changed.

And now we enter my favorite time of month, the "Tripwire doesn't care about us" time of month that rolls around pretty much every month, brought to us usually by the same core group.

You know that "time of the month" has come around for these people by the following posts:

1) Why are there no screen shots (looks at all tripwire social media and forum announcement section....)

2) Why don't we have a release date? (Because as we've stated multiple times, we aren't ready to make that announcement yet beyond 2011. But yes, we have one firmly planned out)

3) Why can't I be a beta tester (If you have to ask, then you probably won't make it into any phase of the beta other than phase 3 which is the large closed beta with thousands of keys)

4) Why aren't their any videos of you playing!?!?!?!?!?! (Because we don't test the game in cooked builds with all the graphics turned to high very often as it takes days to get that set up where the team would rather be working on making the game. The same goes for screen shots. We take those every time we do a cooked build and release them over time so there is a fairly steady stream of media)

Thank you for taking this opportunity to learn something about your fellow forum users who experience "that time of the month". Please be considerate of them and point them towards the answer they are looking for (found in multiple locations, but this post now has all of them in one!).

Upvote 0
TWI's veiw on what a beta is has never changed.

And now we entery my favorite time of month, the "Tripwire doesn't care about us" time of month that rolls around pretty much every month, brought to us usually by the same core group.

You know that "time of the month" has come around for these people by the following posts:

1) Why are there no screenshots (looks at all tripwire social media and forum announcment section....)

2) Why don't we have a release date? (Because as we've stated multiple times, we aren't ready to make that announcment yet beyond 2011. But yes, we have one firmly planned out)

3) Why can't I be a beta tester (If you have to ask, then you probably won't make it into any phase of the beta other than phase 3 which is the large closed beta with thousands of keys)

4) Why aren't their any videos of you playing!?!?!?!?!?! (Because we don't test the game in cooked builds with all the graphics turned to high very often as it takes days to get that set up where the team would rather be working on making the game. The same goes for screenshots. We take those every time we do a cooked build and release them over time so there is a fairly steady stream of media)

Thank you for taking this opportunity to learn something about your fellow forum users who experience "that time of the month". Please be considerate of them and point them towards the answer they are looking for (found in multiple locations, but this post now has all of them in one!).

Rereading this entire thread, you will find one post containing truly negative complaints against TWI. The rest of it is speculation and excitement. So your response to your fans is to imply everyone is having their period? :confused:

EDIT: Like I said earlier, many of us are fine waiting. It's just nice to discuss what we're thinking is going on behind the scenes as fans. It seems most everyone in here is doing just that. I think that's pretty understandable no? I don't even know if you were referring to me with that post but it just was surprising to read when all the posts were pretty standard "I'm a fan excited for this game, lets talk about it!" posts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TWI's veiw on what a beta is has never changed.

And now we entery my favorite time of month, the "Tripwire doesn't care about us" time of month that rolls around pretty much every month, brought to us usually by the same core group.

1) Why are there no screenshots (looks at all tripwire social media and forum announcment section....)

2) Why don't we have a release date? (Because as we've stated multiple times, we aren't ready to make that announcment yet beyond 2011. But yes, we have one firmly planned out)

4) Why aren't their any videos of you playing!?!?!?!?!?! (Because we don't test the game in cooked builds with all the graphics turned to high very often as it takes days to get that set up where the team would rather be working on making the game. The same goes for screenshots. We take those every time we do a cooked build and release them over time so there is a fairly steady stream of media)

But I've always loved TWI! You guys are the few companies that still actually create expansion packs and free DLC. That alone has won my loyalty. :D

Upvote 0
But I've always loved TWI! You guys are the few companies that still actually create expansion packs and free DLC. That alone has won my loyalty. :D

Whilst this is true, we still need to give Tripwire the time to actually make the game. I don't really care if we get the beta, so long as it is properly tested pre-release. it wont matter who tests it. Videos and Screenshots can wait, I would prefer to get a nice, large and well done screenshot every now and again I can set as my desktop background, than hundreds of stupid images every month.

As much as we would love to have TWI give us a load of stuff, we're just gonna have to wait and be patient. There's a reason TWI havn't given us things like release dates and betas yet :

'Good things come to those who wait' :)

Upvote 0
Where did I imply that everyone is part of those infected by the "Tripwire doesn't care about us" disease?

It was in direct response to "On another point the community here that is VERY loyal deserve to have some footage or Pics or a Release date or something.Its just not right "

Oh I see. That was 2 out of 40 posts though man! Cheer up Yoshi! Concentrate on the positive fans since that's a pretty good split of most people being rational! :D

Upvote 0
The only thing I hate, are ppl screaming they should release media to us, while they are actually doing just that.
As JG stated in the interview, there is already around an hour of gameplay footage out there, use google.
Also even steam has it's own share of nice screenshots in the store page, so that won't be hard to find (and those were updated like a month ago iirc).

Also screaming hell to why there was no clip from the playtest and only a 2 hour guy rambling, while there are three very nice previews from that day. Written by fellow gamers, which some1 else was screaming about. Although indeed a small clip would've been nice, the info they got out was more precious in my ears ('looks nice' versus 'works well')

I don't care what you demand, you might be right in a way, just don't demand stuff they are already giving:mad:
That's the only thing that annoys me here, so I fully agree with Yoshiro.
And they said 2011 and nothing else, screw steam for stating otherwise (still love you steam)

Disclaimer: I do not imply in any way that everyone here is doing the things I mention above. I just state my reaction to some demands stated in some of the former posts. The majority is just stating facts or asking nicely and only respect for those. This is only my opinion and should be viewed as such. No rights reserved:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TWI's veiw on what a beta is has never changed. ...
I guess I should have written "TWI's view on people's idea of what a beta is (at least for them)" or something like that ^^. I don't remember exactly what Ramm said, and don't "feel like" finding out, so I won't try to quote him =).

I was just curious about the non-promotional part of the beta-testing, if that part is in any way changed as more people nowadays see betas as demos. Why I wonder is because I am curious and I can only hear stuff I feel is related to that part of a beta that can be used in promotional purposes. Which should be more interesting for what I call "beta-players" compared to (again, what I would call) "beta-testers" =).

Now that is my question, but I don't really ask for an answer. I'm more like just making conversation =).

Upvote 0
Whilst this is true, we still need to give Tripwire the time to actually make the game. I don't really care if we get the beta, so long as it is properly tested pre-release. it wont matter who tests it. Videos and Screenshots can wait, I would prefer to get a nice, large and well done screenshot every now and again I can set as my desktop background, than hundreds of stupid images every month.

As much as we would love to have TWI give us a load of stuff, we're just gonna have to wait and be patient. There's a reason TWI havn't given us things like release dates and betas yet :

'Good things come to those who wait' :)
I know what you're saying and I couldn't agree anymore. :cool:

Upvote 0

This!

We know TWI care, most of us have been benefitting from just how much since the release of the mod way back when. For clarity my post was simply stating my genuine surprise at the lack of any footage from the TWB playtest :eek:

I would have rather seen the points illustrated with a couple of mins of gameplay footage, less hassle to setup, quicker so wasting less game making time and easy for all to understand. Just personal preference, I'm not trying to tell you how to make games, I haven't a clue :p:D

I know I've stated previously that I'm not in any rush and I wasn't kidding, I don't want HOS until you're finished with it :IS2:

Maybe try and look at us from a different perspective as Susi suggested in another thread? :D

Upvote 0
Hearing it straight from a dev's mouth is less valid than seeing it posted on the website?
I'm not saying it's less valid, just that I don't think the average internet user would have listened to the bash cast, where as most people who are looking for information about a game naturally go to the game's website. I'm not in anyway saying Bash isn't a great thing, just that it is a smaller community.

I agree that it is confusing for fans like us that check the facts all the time and read threads to find out the latest developments. All I'm saying is that the average internet-goer probably wouldn't be the wiser to any of this information.

Upvote 0
If TWI cares , why there is no :IS2: in the game!!!!
troll_face.gif

Upvote 0
where/how exactly do I even apply for testing?

I've done that before for loads of games, even did some alpha stuff for APB (and no, my testing didn't cause it to fail. we reported everything, they just didn't give two ****s).

But for all of those you had a "sign up here" thread/button/application form somewhere.

Or did I just miss it?

Upvote 0