• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Q1 2011 will close end......

Why wouldn't they? Devs did say not too long ago (Nov?) that the beta would be "very early 2011". Now we find out in the last crossfire that melee isn't even in the game yet. It's understandably a bit confusing for fans who are just checking in on the news every now and again.

+1, those of us who are listening to every word, lost hope for an early release long ago.

I'm sure they have everything planned and like they have said many times, they are trying to make sure the game is as polished as possible

I personally would prefer to start playing the game now, even if its buggy. The mod had a lot of bugs and that didn't ruin the game for me, not once.

From the business point of view, its pretty understandable tho. Normal people don't have the same patience.

Reactions: Brozex
Upvote 0
To be honest, I just want it to be very well polished and complete when it releases, estimated 2011, I sure can wait, there are other things to do besides sitin' on my bum going... RO2... come out me want to play, there's other things we can all do, play World of Tanks and laugh at the tank combat, playing that game makes me wonder how awesome it'll be.
And note I am talking about me. ;)

Upvote 0
Just because you don't know about it, doesn't mean there isn't a beta.

Keep in mind the beta phase people will really get into is the final phase where we plan to have thousands of keys available for it.

it would be better to not get a beta until the game is ready for one, especially since the beta will be taken as a demo, and not as a beta.

Why even call it a beta? 90% of the people will use it as a "demo", which would be the reason we wont be getting it until much later on I take it.

Well, I don't care when it comes. So long as it's the good stuff from you lot at TWI. :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I assumed it will be released in early march, dont know why actually xD. Then i recently checked amazon.com and the publisher 1c Company site and it both says Q3 2011, so i assume this is quite accurate.

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Red-Orchestra-2-Heroes-Stalingrad-Pc/dp/B002MFU290/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1298253313&sr=8-1[/URL]

[url]http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/red-orchestra-2-heroes-of-stalingrad/overview[/URL]

just forget about the game and do other stuff,try to get laid for a change:D. Then it will be released faster as you can think...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Q3 is soo far away

Upvote 0
Why wouldn't they? Devs did say not too long ago (Nov?) that the beta would be "very early 2011". Now we find out in the last crossfire that melee isn't even in the game yet. It's understandably a bit confusing for fans who are just checking in on the news every now and again.
True, and yet at the same time those people who hang on every word are basically the same people that listen to a 2 hour long podcast and wait for "beta in early 2011" to be mentioned by one of the developers. They didn't paste that on the front page of their website.

Steam and other retailers proclaiming Q1 2011 is confusing if you don't browse forums, but I don't relate that to what the developers said on the Bashcast a while back.

Reactions: Amerikaner
Upvote 0
True, and yet at the same time those people who hang on every word are basically the same people that listen to a 2 hour long podcast and wait for "beta in early 2011" to be mentioned by one of the developers. They didn't paste that on the front page of their website.

Hearing it straight from a dev's mouth is less valid than seeing it posted on the website?

Upvote 0
They have to be very careful now
BF3 and COD title late this yeah and several other title which will be up there.

Brink
Homefront

They will have to release it late March or April cause when November hits you might as well forget releasing it for 2011

However if they keep delaying it and end up releasing it around 2012 it will be like playing the old C64 game "Elite" Graphics compared to the new game engine graphics like BF3 will have.

On another point the community here that is VERY loyal deserve to have some footage or Pics or a Release date or something.Its just not right

Last edited:
Upvote 0
On another point the community here that is VERY loyal deserve to have some footage or Pics or a Release date or something.Its just not right
You would think so, but obviously not :(

As someone else said, it is extremely hard to believe that we didn't even get 10 seconds of footage from the TWB playtest, but 2 hours of some guy rambling aimlessly while Ramm and Wilsonam are sitting there is 'can do' :( So an entire day and not a 5 second clip, incredible......

I was thinking we could maybe all chip in and hire a medium to get some info?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The question (I feel) is if TWI is looking for (more) beta-testers or just beta-players, as in do they really need help with beta-related stuff or just want people to talk good about the game from gamers perspective before it releases?

If TWI's view on "a beta" has changed during 2010 as they said, have their view on "beta-testers" also changed?

Personally I am more interested in how RO2 is doing with things related to the old concept of beta than the new one.

Upvote 0