• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Project Realism Changes

For reloading I would like to see maybe some jamming animations. Bolts could be difficult to bolt after firing for a certain amount of time slowing the process down accurately. As the metal expands it makes the bolt tighter which requires more force to push back forward, resulting in practically having to hit the bolt to make it move back into its original position.

How often you fire more than 25-35 shots in a single life?

Not often. Useless, time-consuming feature.

Just like attachable bayonets. You can press F and wait for 2 seconds after every respawn and pretend you're attaching they bayonet that never ever had any effect on sway and handling.

Currently it's on by default, meaning you don't have to press F after dying.

THIS. Guy is running straight onto you, you can't miss, then all of the sudden he inexplicably cuts across some ungodly direction at an impossible speed, and you miss. Irked me so badly.

More to do with the netcode than actual moving physics. Real human is both agile and fast. Even faster than people in RO2. Just look at some baseball videos and see how fast people start sprinting and dive and turn.

That being said, I agree that it's annoying and needs to be fixed, either by fixing the netcode or adding a little more inertia.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But the real problem which make it hard to hit running target is strafeing.
You are able to strafe left and right while sprinting, which is totally
unpossible.
You can try it right now. And if somebody is able to post a
video where he is sprinting full speed and is able to strafe without losing
balance, i promise to make custom maps for you 24/7 rest of my life.
So strafe keys should be disabled while sprinting, and used for glance
to left and right.

The most ridiculous suggestion I've heard in a long while. In real life, Strafe-sprinting requires performing the expert feat of gymnastics called 'turning your head'.

Reactions: dsi1
Upvote 0
There is nothing wrong with weapon sway (I really hate using that word).

Inside of 300m you're not going to notice your sights dancing off target from muscle twitches and shoddy breath control. So, unless you don't have the strength (or balance) to hold the weapon up you will be able to hold your sights on target for a good while.

Lack of inertia is what you all should be clamoring about. It takes longer to point a battle rifle compared to a sub machine gun. The distinction between weapon length and weight simply isn't there.

Sighting time/sight alignment time could be looked into as well. I mean, the avatars are carrying the weapons at their hip (which I completely don't understand as anyone worth their two cents is going to carry their weapon at the alert when contact is likely) so it's going to take a fraction of a second longer to bring your sights up to eye as you now have to bring the weapon to your shoulder pocket, point the muzzle, and rest your cheek. If the avatar's had their weapons at shoulder level you would only have to point your muzzle and rest your cheek which fits into the current time slot.

-Paas
Maybe it wouldn't be completely realistic, but I'd say instead of hip shooting, they should have had the default position be the weapon being aimed at the shoulder, but the soldier isn't using the sights.

Upvote 0
The most ridiculous suggestion I've heard in a long while. In real life, Strafe-sprinting requires performing the expert feat of gymnastics called 'turning your head'.

Strafe-sprinting, a victim of a horrible misnomer :( (what better name is there though, you press the strafe key, forwards and sprint, the outcome isn't strafing really fast though!)

Upvote 0