• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No firing outside of iron sights!??

What bugs me the most about these "tactical" servers is that the rules have nothing to do with being "tactical".

If you're aiming at a target less than 15-20m away, you're not supposed to use the gunsights (not even reflex sights), unless you're trying to hit a target through a window or what not. For a trained soldier, aiming at a target that close should be extremely easy, as your weapon is just an extension of your own body. Hell, even I got to the point where I could look away and bring my weapon up and still hit the targets on close-fire ranges....

Upvote 0
well its not on RO2 alone

FH2 the epic WW2 mod for BF2, has 2 main servers. Epic hslan and Lame-assretarded 762.

On 762 it is forbidden to kill infantry with panzerfausts, PIAT, bazooka and panzerschreck.

i, theta123, am a black belt in the sacred art of Fausttillery and PIATMortaring. got kicked 3 times for shooting admins with anti-tank weapons.

Upvote 0
How is it funny or stupid(as some have said)? We at 2.FJg, implemented that rule to combat the specific problem on our server. One of constant complaints of tanks spawn raping(we also don't allow arty to be dropped on spawns, for the exact same reason). However, yes we do to a small extent allow people to block off people coming from spawn to reinforce objectives(Unless it gets out of hand in which case we would start telling people to back off from spawn). Simply, because we do not receive as many complaints about infrantry spawn raping.

It's far easier to deal with infantry firing at a spawn building than it is a tank. In the end though, we've just removed tanks completely, for the 2nd time, after having put them back on for a trial period. As they get abused way to much, and we get to many complaints from our pubs about them.

Therefore, I don't think it's funny or stupid for clans to put in rules like this if they feel that it improves gameplay and improves the happiness of players on their servers.

If any of our regular players don't agree with our decisions, or have other suggestions for our server, then we encourage our pubs to hop on our forums and post about it.

So the tanks are off again?

Good because they are bugged to ****, and whenever I use a P4 on commisars I like to park it to the right side of water and cover the rear of A with my main gun. the problem is that the AI gunner is so sharp from there he mg's some russians right as they leave spawn, they whine and I ususally turn my tank so that the AI gunner doesnt get the shot. But then an AT rifle tends to get me from the far right side of their spawn. Couldent win either way.

Aside from that most maps are shoe horn sized and tanks really dont fit will.

I was done playing on your server till those were removed again, and im glad to hear it.

Upvote 0
well its not on RO2 alone

FH2 the epic WW2 mod for BF2, has 2 main servers. Epic hslan and Lame-assretarded 762.

On 762 it is forbidden to kill infantry with panzerfausts, PIAT, bazooka and panzerschreck.

i, theta123, am a black belt in the sacred art of Fausttillery and PIATMortaring. got kicked 3 times for shooting admins with anti-tank weapons.

Oh good. I thought I was the only person who played FH2 on this forum.
Honestly, doesn't RO2 resemble FH2 a lot? I mean of course besides the fact that they're both WW2 based. I actually want to reinstall the game.

Upvote 0
What bugs me the most about these "tactical" servers is that the rules have nothing to do with being "tactical".

Well, "tactical" is the established name for it amongst the people playing that style. A label, that you use to recognize such a server with a certain ruleset. It's like with servers labeled with "Realism". You could also debate this endlessly. I wouldn't be too bothered about it.

If you're aiming at a target less than 15-20m away, you're not supposed to use the gunsights (not even reflex sights), unless you're trying to hit a target through a window or what not. For a trained soldier, aiming at a target that close should be extremely easy, as your weapon is just an extension of your own body. Hell, even I got to the point where I could look away and bring my weapon up and still hit the targets on close-fire ranges....

I see your point and I also agree. But then again you can't enforce such a rule because it will cause endless debates in the server. Which is bad for both players and admins. So unless you have a mod that enforces this for you, you gotta be strict. But people who spend time on those servers, don't care about it, they adjust. After a while you get so used to it, that you won't even bother.

I really want some idiot admin to kickban me for not using ironsight with the K98 when there's a russky rushing down at me with a PPSH.
Go right ahead.
What's next? No bayo charge?

Like I said, you get used to not hip-shooting. If I'm in such a situation and die, I ask myself what went wrong and how I could avoid it next time. If I got a bolt and an enemy is startling me in SMG range, I'm probably in a location not fitting my gun. Or I haven't watched the area good enough. But I won't rage over the loss of the gunfight.

And there is the next point. The attitude of players. I myself don't like every rule out there. I have friends in clans that enforce strange (at least for me :D) rules. But when I play there, I'll follow them. And so will they on my server. Because I respect that this is their server and their rules. Even if I disagree to a certain degree. Talk about attitude. What would you guys think if someone comes in your server, trying to tell you how to set it up and breaking rules just because he feels the rules are wrong?! So much for asshats.

If someone is visiting my house and wants to smoke he/she has to go outside because i'm a nonsmoker. My house, my rules. If anybody would start an argument about it, I'd boot em out. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Like I said, you get used to not hip-shooting. If I'm in such a situation and die, I ask myself what went wrong and how I could avoid it next time. If I got a bolt and an enemy is startling me in SMG range, I'm probably in a location not fitting my gun. Or I haven't watched the area good enough. But I won't rage over the loss of the gunfight.

Can't help it in some maps. As rifle, you have to take cover and protect the capzone. To be effective both way, there are only few premium spots.
Take example Apartments. The broken wall a bit way from the spawn gives you cover and it is in the capzone.
But look to the right, there is that door where PPSHs cycle through.
Not everything is black and white as you describe it. It's not what did wrong. It's what my teammates didn't do right. or simply, they were overpowered in that flank.

Also, I think it's reasonable to let someone smoke outside of your house. I do not think it's reasonable to have him completely off your legal property for him to smoke. I see this rule as the latter.
As a bolt action rifle, every bullet counts against auto or semi auto. And to ban your last resort on 'omg i'm gonna die' moment just sounds wrong.

But in all fairness, you're right. I don't have to play in those servers.....
unless if that was the only populated server. In which case, I would have to quit the game entirely.

Upvote 0