• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No firing outside of iron sights!??

It reminds me. The most retarded rules on CoD were the crouch only servers...

This isn't directed at you specifically, but mainly the RO2 community at large; take a step back and think about what we were dealing with when we implemented these rules/regulations, instead of being petty about it.

Our Black Ops server wasn't strictly crouch only (and neither were any of our CoD servers ranging back to CoD: UO -- when CoD was actually good). All of you here seem to forget that there are major parts of the gaming community who thought Red Orchestra Ost Front wasn't tactical, or realistic, or fun -- despite our best efforts to like it. So we worked with what he had. CoD, out of the box, wasn't tactical, realistic, or fun either. So we modified it to how we enjoyed it. And scorn all you wish; but until MW2/Black Ops we were playing a well designed, supported, modifiable game and we set up a very healthy "Tactical Realism" community around the gamestyle.

Where do you think the term "hardcore" came from? Our community, and members of it who had affliations with EA/Activision, were instrumental in having hardcore modes implemented in future releases.

This entire community is full of members who self-profess themselves as the "elite" of the online gaming world. I hate to break it to you, but you've gotta wake up. All of these clans that you're bashing for their "retarded rules" have come from CoD hoping that this game would provide us with the one we had always hoped for. It hasn't. But despite this, we're doing the best we can to play it how we like and offer servers that perhaps some of you will come and enjoy. There are no less than 10 clans (I know members from each one, because we're a tight-knit community) with more than 30 members who purchased this game and switched over from CoD. That's 300 more players, and it is not a trivial statistic.

Wally

Last edited:
Reactions: Cpt-Praxius
Upvote 0
This isn't directed at you specifically, but mainly the RO2 community at large; take a step back and think about what we were dealing with when we implemented these rules/regulations, instead of being petty about it.

Our Black Ops server wasn't strictly crouch only (and neither were any of our CoD servers ranging back to CoD: UO -- when CoD was actually good). All of you here seem to forget that there are major parts of the gaming community who thought Red Orchestra Ost Front wasn't tactical, or realistic, or fun -- despite our best efforts to like it. So we worked with what he had. CoD, out of the box, wasn't tactical, realistic, or fun either. So we modified it to how we enjoyed it. And scorn all you wish; but until MW2/Black Ops we were playing a well designed, supported, modifiable game and we set up a very healthy "Tactical Realism" community around the gamestyle.

Where do you think the term "hardcore" came from? Our community, and members of it who had affliations with EA/Activision, were instrumental in having hardcore modes implemented in future releases.

This entire community is full of members who self-profess themselves as the "elite" of the online gaming world. I hate to break it to you, but you've gotta wake up. All of these clans that you're bashing for their "retarded rules" have come from CoD hoping that this game would provide us with the one we had always hoped for. It hasn't. But despite this, we're doing the best we can to play it how we like and offer servers that perhaps some of you will come and enjoy. There are no less than 10 clans (I know members from each one, because we're a tight-knit community) with more than 30 members who purchased this game and switched over from CoD. That's 300 more players, and it is not a trivial statistic.

Nah man, i get it.

I dont mind if servers have their own rules, im not the kind of person who will barge into someones clubhouse and demand to be accommodated.

i respect peoples rights to enjoy what they want, however some of the rules to me were pretty dumb. Crouch only in WaW made sense as it was a slower game. But crouch only in BO is just kind of weird...

And i know the significance of modders/clans had on future Activision games. The whole modern warfare gene from CoD emerged off that one mod that i forget its name.

Upvote 0
I can't help but find some of the servers rules funny

Like: "No Tank spawn camping" ....But infantry spawn camping is ok ? lol

How is it funny or stupid(as some have said)? We at 2.FJg, implemented that rule to combat the specific problem on our server. One of constant complaints of tanks spawn raping(we also don't allow arty to be dropped on spawns, for the exact same reason). However, yes we do to a small extent allow people to block off people coming from spawn to reinforce objectives(Unless it gets out of hand in which case we would start telling people to back off from spawn). Simply, because we do not receive as many complaints about infrantry spawn raping.

It's far easier to deal with infantry firing at a spawn building than it is a tank. In the end though, we've just removed tanks completely, for the 2nd time, after having put them back on for a trial period. As they get abused way to much, and we get to many complaints from our pubs about them.

Therefore, I don't think it's funny or stupid for clans to put in rules like this if they feel that it improves gameplay and improves the happiness of players on their servers.

If any of our regular players don't agree with our decisions, or have other suggestions for our server, then we encourage our pubs to hop on our forums and post about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well...thats one server im not gona play on. I like to have a choice. Hipshooting isnt as good as it was in RO:OST anyways, since using the sights is a lot faster now, and hipshooting seems a bit harder.

I remember learning "hipshooting" when i was in the army, using a G3(or called MG3 here) on targets 20 meters away. Not that hard to hit the targets actually...but we werent moving. With training i guess you can get pretty good at it..as with anything else.

Whats their reason for not allowing hipshooting?

Upvote 0
Has anyone else noticed this server? They kick you if you fire out of iron sights :rolleyes::D

I mean wtf is this game coming to?
Isn't that the SFSS server? Their rules are pretty dumb, considering they call themselves a tactical realism clan when all their members are camping outside of spawn with tanks and infantry when I was playing there today... (Commissar's House) And I have to play on their server cuz its the only one with a ping lower than 150 for me, and the only one that is populated. So dumb... NEED MORE SOCAL SERVERS :mad:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How is it funny or stupid(as some have said)? We at 2.FJg, implemented that rule to combat the specific problem on our server. One of constant complaints of tanks spawn raping(we also don't allow arty to be dropped on spawns, for the exact same reason). However, yes we do to a small extent allow people to block off people coming from spawn to reinforce objectives(Unless it gets out of hand in which case we would start telling people to back off from spawn). Simply, because we do not receive as many complaints about infrantry spawn raping.

It's far easier to deal with infantry firing at a spawn building than it is a tank. In the end though, we've just removed tanks completely, for the 2nd time, after having put them back on for a trial period. As they get abused way to much, and we get to many complaints from our pubs about them.

Therefore, I don't think it's funny or stupid for clans to put in rules like this if they feel that it improves gameplay and improves the happiness of players on their servers.

If any of our regular players don't agree with our decisions, or have other suggestions for our server, then we encourage our pubs to hop on our forums and post about it.

I personally enjoyed having tanks back on the 2.FJg server because it created a lot more tension for the common infantryman who now had to deal with incoming infantry + armored support. That, and doing a nearly suicidal charge with a satchel or AT grenade against a tank was always a good adrenaline rush and if successful, really gave your side a temporary advantage due to the enemy tank being KO'd. Unfortunately, the spawn camping with tanks really started kicking into high gear later in the evening- when you are five minutes into a round and a tank commander has 50+ kills just chilling outside of a spawn, it really kills the mood to keep playing on that server.

On the topic of "must use iron sights," I'll admit, I do fire outside of my iron sights once in a while, though that's primarily because I just turned a corner and an enemy soldier is a couple meters away. Since we're both surprised, I instinctively start firing before either A) attempting to bayo/melee them or B) keep firing as I pull up my iron sights. After you get past 5 meter CQC distances, you really should be using your iron sights so you can accurately fire upon your enemy- the biggest issue I've had thus far with people technically not using their iron sights is the MG-34'ers who crouch around a corner and take out an entire room of riflemen because of sheer rate of fire and bullet penetration on those hiding in cover/behind walls.

Upvote 0
If I had my own server I would prohibit MKB/AVT, assault MGers and spawn campers, just like the days of COD4 with the "NO NOOBTUBE/MARTYRDOM/LAST STAND " :D

Why hasn't anyone done that? I hear so much complaining about these weapons but I still didn't encounter a server that has these weapons removed. And you can do that after that patch that allows modifying server properties so you can modify number of class slots, remove certain weapons and such.

Upvote 0
Why hasn't anyone done that? I hear so much complaining about these weapons but I still didn't encounter a server that has these weapons removed. And you can do that after that patch that allows modifying server properties so you can modify number of class slots, remove certain weapons and such.

There are several servers like this. They are empty whenever I look :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A no-tank-spawncamping rule is entirely reasonable, especially considering the game balance issues currently created by the armor model bugs afflicting the T-34. Personally, I think the game is better off without tanks enabled anyway, but that's another argument.

The sights-only rule is just silly though, considering that you always want to use the sights for just about any shot ever anyway, and when you don't, it either puts you at a huge disadvantage or it wouldn't make any difference anyway. No point to make a server rule about it, the game already penalizes it heavily.

Upvote 0
How is it funny or stupid(as some have said)? We at 2.FJg, implemented that rule to combat the specific problem on our server. One of constant complaints of tanks spawn raping

However, yes we do to a small extent allow people to block off people coming from spawn to reinforce objectives

I never said it was stupid but, I did find it funny.Spawn camping is spawn camping and if you guys allow it then that's yalls prerogative.I just found it funny after my whole team was getting spawn raped by a 2 mg's + support for two rounds of Station one night and keep seeing that pop up.The whole team called it out perhaps no admins was on or it was deemed ok who knows.

I didn't call the server out in this thread or even make a rage post that night I just found it funny.The rest of the team may not have been laughing though.

Reactions: DiedTrying
Upvote 0
You're attempt ( at whatever it was ) failed miserably :)

Sorry, currently our video library can only be watched from within the United States

Hulu is committed to making its content available worldwide. To do so, we must work through a number of legal and business issues, including obtaining international streaming rights. Know that we are working to make this happen and will continue to do so. Given the international background of the Hulu team, we have both a professional and personal interest in bringing Hulu to a global audience.

If you'd like, please leave us your email address and the country in which you live, and we will email you when our videos are available in your country.

Congrats :rolleyes::D

I am watching it from the UK, learn2internet.

Upvote 0

I've set a server up this way. But besides me, nobody was ever in. :rolleyes:
I also kick guys from the server that show no sportsmanship (e.g. tank-spawnraping and whatnot).

It's COD players trying to get their COD fix in cause they can't wait any longer so they impose clown shoe rules on their server. I just don't play on servers that have asshats like that.

Tbh I don't know why you complain about this rule. Have you ever played it for longer than 2 minutes? Why'd you call server admins (including me) that enforce such rules "asshats"? Pretty ignorant if you ask me. What a friendly and tolerant community this is.

We run tactical servers for other games too. And we also enforce such a "use-ironsights"-rule. If you'd give this is chance, you'd notice that it slows down the game and minimizes this whole run&gun-crap everybody is complaining about all over these forums. If a game doesn't support the kind of gameplay you look for, you can either drop the game or adjust this way. It worked pretty well for us. And it also sorted out the rompy trouble-kiddies (that were not complying) from the mature gamers we were looking for.

Oh and we started out with something like "Use ironsights when firing unless being startled in close combat". But then you ended up with immature kids running and gunning through the server saying they were startled all the time. There were always rule-benders until we got rid of hipshooting completely.

So again, I don't see your point complaining about such rulesets. These admins pay their hard earned cash for the servers and they also spend a huge amount of time sitting in their servers to get the servers going and to educate their pubbers. If you don't like it, avoid these servers rather than calling all of them asshats and whatnot.

Seems like for most people here it is easier to go to the forums complaining and whining all day rather than working with what you got at the moment.

Reactions: Needles and Nazarov
Upvote 0