• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No creditcard, No RO: Ostfront!?

we do have debit cards. but we can't buy them at walmart or something (just like we can't buy 9mm ball there;) ). We have to go to a credit institute, make an account, possibly pay a monthly fee... actually i have no idea what it takes. Few German people here will know the conditions for a debit/credit card, simply because we don't need them for our everyday life. And it's kind of silly to get one just for a game.

Upvote 0
Valac said:
Now that is riduculous! Why would they ever do that. They are a business that makes millions of dollars, all of a sudden, they are gonna turn evil and take everything you have, yeah right.

You know what I like? I like facts. If you are going to post something like that, lets see the press release where a woman lost it all to paypal. Some kind of precident.
What rock have you been living under? PayPal is notorious for arbitrarily freezing its customers' accounts. They've had a number of lawsuits filed against them for that reason.

http://www.aboutpaypal.org

Upvote 0
blitze said:
So you guys in Europe don't have the concept of Debit Credit Cards? Something like a Debit Visa Card???

Better start banging down some banking doors then and get the slackers upto date. Best thing I own and fees are cheaper as a result. ;)

Yes we do. In Norway we have been getting VISA debit cards for free for years.

It wasnt until last year when i finished university and got a full salary i went and got a credit card to have as an extra.

Upvote 0
All we need is someone to volunteer their card to the community.

I mean it like this:

The person who wants an account transfers the money to the person with the card's account, giving them their steam login and password

The person with the card logs in and buys the game.

sorted.

I'm pretty sure there would be some people out there willing to do it. I'd do it myself if I was old enough to get a credit card.

-=KnIfE=-

Upvote 0
SheepDip said:
I can do it for UK folk.

Wouldn't be too hard to apply for a naff card, I've already got one, but I'll not use it like that.

Can send me money and I'll do it for ye :)

See that's what I'm talking about. All you need to do is find someone, not even in real life, to buy it for you and you send them the money. Clan's could do it internally if necessary. I bet someone could even start up a little service if they wanted

-=KnIfE=-

Upvote 0
-=KnIfE=- said:
See that's what I'm talking about. All you need to do is find someone, not even in real life, to buy it for you and you send them the money. Clan's could do it internally if necessary. I bet someone could even start up a little service if they wanted

-=KnIfE=-

Next week on Knife, the man who has too much faith in mankind: "It's been a year since I sent the money, where's my game?"

Upvote 0
True enough (gangsta hehe), i do so much of my purchasing online with debit (or credit only when needed, i dislike them and prefer debit cards) they have become indispensible for myself, kinda take it for granted i think.

It would make a lot of sense to have other payment options regardless of ^ i will have to load up Steam later and see if there are any other options already...fingers crossed.

Upvote 0