• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No creditcard, No RO: Ostfront!?

I really hate that you guys can't buy RO at the moment because of a lack of CC(I don't have a credit card, but I do have a Visa Check card. Do you guys use checks at all? Its the same thing...).

I doubt there is much Tripwire can do immediatly. You should probably contact Valve and make sure that they know they are losing customers because of payment restrictions, it should get their attention real fast.

I'm sure that if RO is very succesful on Steam, Tripwire could find a publisher to distribute copies of RO:O in stores. But that could take some time...

My suggestion is that you guys bombard Valve with complaints and/or post on the Steam forums. Make sure that THEY know your plight, because it is their distribution system, and they are the ones who are primarily concerned with expanding the customer base.

Upvote 0
They should make available some type of game card for people who don't have credit cards, or who can't otherwise get the game for whatever reason. Go to the game store, buy this game card, which is just a code saying you paid for the game and can now download it. The code would be authorized by Steam, and then let you download.

Of course, these could be easily pirated by people opening boxes and resealing them...

I don't need something like this, but I find that a lot of younger people do have this problem. And, honestly, if it were me I would explode.

Upvote 0
Dryfear said:
They should make available some type of game card for people who don't have credit cards, or who can't otherwise get the game for whatever reason. Go to the game store, buy this game card, which is just a code saying you paid for the game and can now download it. The code would be authorized by Steam, and then let you download.
This is actually a very good idea, in norway a very similar system is used for selling "credit" on mobile phones. You buy a "cash card" as they are called, and enter the code on the card into the phone. Voila, your mobile account is refilled!

Anyways, I still disagree that this case is a problem. If you are able to buy a computer, you should be able to get a debit card. Why are everyone so hung up in the term credit card???

Upvote 0
Yes... "credit card" does not mean, "I have to be speciall with a high paying job" anyone who is 18 will get hundreds of credit card offer's every year... (hell... if you wanted to, you could probably apply to get a million $ worth of credit... and spend it all over the weekend).

WARNING ADVISORY:dont actually do that.

Most bank cards can be used as a credit card, even debit cards given to minor's (check your bank for that though...)

And if you are a minor, you do have parent's right? Someone is paying for your net access, and the computer you play RO:Mod on. I'm sure that they would be willing to buy you a xmass present no?

And lastly, the game is NOT EVEN OUT YET...

What do you think will happen... the Dev's will only sell it for 30 seconds, and if you arent there with your payment, you are screwed??

Now that that is out of my system.. good day.

Shadehunter

Upvote 0
Valac said:
Now that is riduculous! Why would they ever do that. They are a business that makes millions of dollars, all of a sudden, they are gonna turn evil and take everything you have, yeah right.

You know what I like? I like facts. If you are going to post something like that, lets see the press release where a woman lost it all to paypal. Some kind of precident.

Actually, AFIAK, Paypal PRE-Ebay purchase, was pretty bad about this sort of thing.. or at least you'd hear horror stories about it on occasion..

I don't think Paypal was ever malicious about how they handled some accounts pre-Ebay, but they built a bad rep during that time.

However, in the some-odd-years since ebay bought them, they have drastically improved how they handle peoples' money IMO.. or at least enough for -me- to get an account and trust them with the money I let them have..

edit:
(just my personal opinion.. YMMV..)

Upvote 0
i've actualy looked for a CC here in the netherlands that will take me with my low income... and its not actualy that eazy.
no gift cards, electron has never appeard here, the E-card got canceled ect ect.
now i did finaly find one that would have me, but only because i already have a account at that bank, with a fixed monthly influx of funds above a certen amount (which i JUST make).

getting a credit card in europe on a low end wages isnt that eazy as it is in the US. not by a long shot (well not to surprizing we hardly even use them, the only reason i want one is because of the internet and in this case RO in particular)

Upvote 0