• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No creditcard, No RO: Ostfront!?

Soziopath said:
Lol, just lol. Well... to put it mildly, lending a credit card to anyone is a quite foolish thing to do, don't you think?

Friends are friends, but with money involved, friendship ends. ;)

Look... there are countries on earth where people do actually prefer other methods of payment, like remittances or money cards (like over here in Germany). Here, only like 30% of all people do own and use a credit card, so most of you can imagine that RO won't be sold very often over here, as long as it requires Steam to be purchased. I wouldn't calculate with more than 3000 sold copies.

Steam is like modern segregation - those who own a credit card can buy everything in it, but those who don't are limited to a small bandwith of products that are sold in stores, too. Funny! :)

If a real friend won't let you use their credit card then give them the money right there on the spot, they aren't much of a friend. Hell, I have had real friends give me $1200 to pay bills with. Real friends trust each other.

Upvote 0
Valac said:
Now that is riduculous! Why would they ever do that. They are a business that makes millions of dollars, all of a sudden, they are gonna turn evil and take everything you have, yeah right.

You know what I like? I like facts. If you are going to post something like that, lets see the press release where a woman lost it all to paypal. Some kind of precident.

SomethingAwful managed to loose $30 000+ in katrina donations because paypal in it's infinite wisdom decided to **** everyone in the ass and freeze the account.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paypal#Criticism

Upvote 0
Damn and I thought paypal learned their lesson here:

PayPal Class Action

On March 12, 2002 a class action lawsuit was brought on behalf of a nationwide class of PayPal users in the Superior Court of California alleging that PayPal unlawfully froze consumers' accounts, failed to provide necessary contact information for consumers to easily report erroneous financial transactions, and that PayPal failed to fully compensate consumers damaged by erroneous financial transactions. The class action lawsuit alleged that the fraudulent activities of PayPal constituted violations of the Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFTA). The class action lawsuit also alleged violations of California

Upvote 0
Krokar said:
Who said anything about lending credit card?
Friend will buy the game with his credit card. You will give him money. They will give you RO account details. After that you will change the pass if you are paranoid. Realy dont see the problem here.

Correct me if im getting this wrong but your giving your friend money too download the game for you, only he with his account will be able too play it cause it needs authentication, he wont be able too move the game too your account.

But even if this would work, i dont know a whole lot of ppl with credit cards and those who do have it is either for their compagny so they wont lend it too me and their not my close friends either.

In other words i wont be able too buy the game i love so much :mad:
please make it possible trough somekind of prepay system!

Upvote 0
Moz said:
SomethingAwful managed to loose $30 000+ in katrina donations because paypal in it's infinite wisdom decided to **** everyone in the ass and freeze the account.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paypal#Criticism

MOZ, please read more than at wikipedia. Once paypal seen a legit transfer going on, the funds were forwarded to the Red Cross.

Edit* I forgot why I was posting, I bought My HL2 from steam with my VISA Debit Card. Just to answer that question.

Upvote 0
Ghadafi said:
Please, please, please, stop whining that you cant get a credit card.

Get a debit card:
http://international.visa.com/ps/products/debit/

everyone can get them, without exceptions. they are cards that takes money from your bank account

Ive never said i couldn't, i just don't want too pay for it when i don't really need it and thats not the only downside.

Upvote 0
Valac said:
Now that is riduculous! Why would they ever do that. They are a business that makes millions of dollars, all of a sudden, they are gonna turn evil and take everything you have, yeah right.

You know what I like? I like facts. If you are going to post something like that, lets see the press release where a woman lost it all to paypal. Some kind of precident.

Well, I was just saying they can legally do just that if they want.

As for an example, I suggest you go to somethingawful.com and read up about the Paypal fiasco they had following hurricane Katrina. Paypal seriously screwed them over.

Upvote 0
You can walk into just about any gas station/ grocery store in america and pick up a pre paid credit card.

As for the issue with your friends account and buying it, you have them log in as your steam account to purchase. Then you log in and back out, and when you relog in, the game you purchased will be available on your PC.

Edit*(Valac) Some things don't really belong here ;) You BOOGER

Upvote 0
DesilciuM said:
Correct me if im getting this wrong but your giving your friend money too download the game for you, only he with his account will be able too play it cause it needs authentication, he wont be able too move the game too your account.

Well, if you already have a Steam account give your friend your login and password, he/she can login to your account and buy the game for you.

Upvote 0