• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nice discussion under BF3 news

earthquakes are probably very well possible if you look at the boat map in killingfloor. It rocks on the waves. So if you make a regular level rock similarly (aka rotate the camera around), and create some effects of destruction you effectively have an earthquake.

Not that I see the advantage of an earthquake beside things like artillery hits.

The Unreal engine has been capable of eartquakes since the very start, and Unreal (the 1998 Single Player title) had several small ones, infact, they where there in the very first level of the game, in the very room you first spawn in, and are littered throuhout the rest of the game.

But really, why are people making such a big deal about that? We have seen earthqaukes before in games, and it's something that happens in the SP campaign, it's not like it's a new gameplay mechanic or anything, it's just a plot device in the SP.

Is it just that thease gamers are brand new to gaming and haven't seen it before, and somehow think it's never been done before?
Well, that woulden't really suprice me.

Upvote 0
But really, why are people making such a big deal about that? We have seen earthqaukes before in games, and it's something that happens in the SP campaign, it's not like it's a new gameplay mechanic or anything, it's just a plot device in the SP.

Is it just that thease gamers are brand new to gaming and haven't seen it before, and somehow think it's never been done before?
Well, that woulden't really suprice me.

They are probably just kids. Or have a bad memory.

Upvote 0
Honestly if tripwire releases a trailer that has tank crews getting dismembered by penetrating rounds from a gameplay perspective it will shock (and impress) a lot of people. Same goes for infantry perspective while in a building being hit by artillery and tanks, most people don't understand how intense the game can be without any cinematic events.

I really don't like the general attitude on these boards, lots of people play battlefield and cod, so don't just focus on the worst of their community. In some alternate universe we are the call of duty players saying RO is only played by neo nazi rednecks. Thats only 25% of the community at most :p

Upvote 0
I just found this. Open link and go to comments section. First it's nice that some people know about RO2 and mention that game there, however some comments are really funny i.e.

It was mentioned :IS2: times, but new neat gameplay material with all graphic features locked in is needed badly. As well as commercial/news campaign.

I would like to ask that guy if any BF game had any realistic recoil, hitboxes, this advanced tank simulator... and god i bet most of the guns dont 1-hit-kill when you aim for the head (like in bfbc2)

Yeh, didnt think so.

Upvote 0
I didn't quite get it. Earthquakes. Okay? And what? They are no less gimmicky than nazi zombies, blood flowing like a river, ripping an alien overlords head off and ****down their necks.

Is it even present in the MP?

probably not. it's just another retarded pointless feature that is being called innovative and originally simply because it is marketed as such...and the average consumer can't the difference between what they like and what the devs tell them to like.

Upvote 0
What? No mod support for BF 3? They mad?!

Bloody screens are so real!

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Judging from the number of people playing Ost right now compared to just maybe 6 months ago, HoS HAS been starting people up.

Even some of these people might have been tempted to dip their feet at the $10 cost of Ost Front.

And the fact of the matter is, when they try HoS, they'll see what it is the rest of us have been talking about. And most of these guys are enough of PC gamers at heart that they will try it, and they'll see its unique qualities just like they saw with Project Reality.

Even these idiots that seem to think "destruction" outweighs all of the unique qualities of RO.

Upvote 0
First I was like WTF and then I saw this

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5571810.page[url]http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5571810.page[/URL]

????Q?!?!?!@#?#!

These people make my stomach hurt.

Even more funny is a fact, that EA already started a pre-order of BF3. Customers have almost 0 informations about new game except 12 minutes scripted single player footage and they buy the game because they have a hope "it's gonna be like BF2"...

Ok, it's not a point of discussion. Too bad that people usually don't know even basics informations about RO2 and judge the graphic after seeing shake cam. Here I think TWI made a mistake, because every single material from RO2 should have an etiquette "Low quality video from alpha stage game" etc. That could help and avoid such comments "it looks like CoD2"

Also TWI boast how unique are RO2 features, but previews barely speak about them. Good idea would be a graphic representation of new features of FPS games of 2011. That chart would compare which game has what.

I.e.
Battlefield 3 | RO2:HoS
Game engine: Frostbite | Latest Unreal Engine 3 enchanted by TWI (c)
Release date: Q3 2011 | Q3 2011
Singleplayer: yes | yes, two non-scripted campaigns
Coop: no | yes
Multiplayer: yes | yes
Multiplayer campaing: no | yes
Maps: ? | 10 various maps, scalable from 8 vs 8 to 32 vs 32 players (including 32 vs 32 tank battles)
after release free updates: ? | yes, already announced
DLC: yes, already announced | ?
Mod tools: no | yes
mods in development: N/A | ~10 big modifications
dedicated servers: yes | yes
dedicated servers files: no | yes
dedicated server tools: limited | yes
competitive gameplay support: limited | yes
demorecording: no | yes
IS-2 approved: no | yes

etc

that's only an idea. Full list should include most important fps multiplayer features, grouped by types and saved as jpg.

Upvote 0