• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nice discussion under BF3 news

It's like he's about to cast a spell.
Spoiler!

:cool:

Reactions: Landrik
Upvote 0
Anyone who's done some work at marketing / advertising is currently laughing his *** off at the typical Blue/Orange contrast (Not that it still pleases ones eye). I'm still surprised that people think IT WORKS after the Guru's go "That piece of **** is outdated and too popular, come up with something different"
It stops working the moment you notice that it is supposed to work. I don't think most people have noticed it sadly.

Upvote 0
orange and blue contrast, you see it everywhere once somebody points it out to you...

Sorry, but this is nonsense. I know there was once a 4chan pic that showed the orange / blue thing but believing anything you see on 4chan and using it as a source is about as smart as having sex with a chainsaw.

You could say the same thing about any combination of colours. Tripwire uses a lot of brown and red in its art. Well, guess what...

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Didn't you know real life is brown though Nimsky? And nothing compliments brown like red! :IS2:

It is a little much though, I get that they go well together but the sheer volume of things using blue and orange is extremely lazy. It's like if I took any picture I ever took, then just cleverly used blue and orange, a bit of dodge & burn and bam!

Upvote 0
Totally agreed. heck, even looking at this thread makes me rage. The whole topic of destruction is really stupid. It takes days of constant bombing to cause significant destruction. Games like FBC and BF3 implement destruction as a massive gimmick and then shape the gameplay around destruction.

Sure, it's a kick, but RO is about intense Infantry and Armor combat, man to man, tank to tank; it's not about blowing up buildings piece by piece with your grenade launcher because blowing stuff up is c00l :rolleyes:

It's as if blowing up a wall is regarded as some massive ****ing gameplay innovation, whereas first person cover, full weapon ballistics, detailed damage systems and full tank interiors are not innovative at all. On top of that TW extensively supports it's modding community (which BF3/Dice do not) and there's going to be a crap-tonne of excellent mods for RO2 while there will be none for BF3.

Don't get me wrong, things like fractured meshes look like they could be a lot of fun if they are used to make a couple of destructible walls or a church tower that one can topple, but all in all destruction is just a worthless feature that really doesnt affect gameplay at all.
Of course I agree. In many ways, the new "destruction" in games like BC2 is actually very unrealistic and utterly unbelievable. Not only are these destruction systems not necessarily innovative, but they don't fit in a realistic game like RO2. Thus, not including total destruction is not only an artistic decision but an appropriate decision based on the tone of a game.

A game where you level entire walls with a single grenade simply isn't Red Orchestra.

Upvote 0
Im just hoping this will be a true successor to Ostfront, a good tactical shooter thats not arcadey bull**** but doesnt get so stifled with realism that its not fun. Like I dont like project reality because I fell its overcomplicated and extremly boring, then I dont like call of duty mw2 because its ridiculous arcadey game. I like something in between like RO or Forgotten hope 2 that amazing bf2 mod.

Im more concerned with my own enjoyment of the game than with how much the 15 year olds will like it.

Also BF3 will be crap, I can just sense it...

Upvote 0