• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nice discussion under BF3 news

We must try and reach out. Convert those who are willing open minded individuals and
Spoiler!
:IS2:

Upvote 0
Oi, Red Orchestra has destruction. In a vid it shows some wooden buildings getting blown apart and the Panzer IV punching holes into a big factory-looking thing. Arty can rip apart buildings as well as BF3 can. Earthquakes weren't really well known during combat situations in WW2...

I do not believe that comment was sensible, asking if RO had all that. RO may not have pilotable aircraft, but it still kicks ***.

Upvote 0
We must try and reach out. Convert those who are willing open minded individuals and
Spoiler!
:IS2:
I kinda gotta admit, I wanna kill my friends for not surrendering to the mightyness of :IS2:

Upvote 0
So according to them if you cannot fire a 40mm from a m203 or m320 from 10 feet away and blow a 8x4 foot hole in the wall the game isn't a good game?

About the slight community discussion, as long as we don't get CoD 10 year olds, and people that will attempt to 360 noscope people I will be happy.

Edit: On that link on the pcgamer website there were some pretty valid points about how different the two games are, you can't compare them in terms of game vs game, obviously the gameplay is meant to be different for both games. But yes, I am going to contradict myself now. Red Orchestra 2 is better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice to know RO2 is being compared a lot. That is probably the best form of advertising that can be done. Hopefully the intelligent players will look into it and give it a try. The "lolz WWII is old, gameplay is 2006, no destructionz lol" people can stick to BF3.

Exactly. Let the ignorant trolls miss out on a great game. I won't mind.

Reactions: Uurastaja
Upvote 0
On that link on the pcgamer website there were some pretty valid points about how different the two games are, you can't compare them in terms of game vs game, obviously the gameplay is meant to be different for both games. But yes, I am going to contradict myself now. Red Orchestra 2 is better.
Exactly, comparing RO2 to BF3 is really like comparing apples and oranges. They are both FPS games (fruit) but that is where the similarities end. One focuses on realistic/authentic portrayals of real events in an attempt to immerse the player in the details and actions of WWII combat on the Eastern Front while the other strives to provide cutting edge graphics to help deliver a solid action game focusing on accessible infantry and vehicle combat.

The truth is, I would never play a Battlefield game to replace RO, nor would I play RO to get a "Battlefield experience." They are different games with different goals.

Upvote 0
But there isn't micro destruction, if its not micro it doesn't exist
:troll:

I am not exactly sure what "micro" destruction means, but the video where the tank shoots a shell at a building in RO2 looks more realistic than what I have seen in BFBC2. I have not seen real time destruction effects in BF3 yet, only scripted ones, so no comment on that...

Upvote 0
I am not exactly sure what "micro" destruction means, but the video where the tank shoots a shell at a building in RO2 looks more realistic than what I have seen in BFBC2. I have not seen real time destruction effects in BF3 yet, only scripted ones, so no comment on that...

There have been demonstrations of regular destruction, non scripted. In the 12 minute trailer the guy shoots the concrete "railing" of a 2nd floor balcony.

Anyways, I think destruction is overdone. UT2004 maps never got stale. CoD4 didn't either. It's the maps you make not the destruction.

Not buying it anyways, too little money. =|

Upvote 0
Thank gott I am not getting BF3, I baught a game from that company recently and they fail to acknowledge my existance and screwed me for my wallet.

Bingo!
That's what really got me with BFBC2.
I'm not sure if it had to do with PunkBuster, or what, but I couldn't play online for over a month when I first registered.

Upvote 0
@OP post

Funny is that everything he said RO2 has.

No, there are no flyable planes in RO2. And I doubt there will be skyscrapers and earthquakes (unless we add :IS2: in, which will cause earthquakes everytime they drive)... which won't add anything to the gameplay anyways.

I guess "earthquakes" will be the new feature for mainstream games. First Crysis 2, now BF3. I can see it now... On the box of BF3.7: Bad Korean, it will exclaim:

"Take part in 7 death-defying Earthquakes that ravaged the Korean countryside in this historically exhilarating experience!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, there are no flyable planes in RO2. And I doubt there will be skyscrapers and earthquakes (unless we add :IS2: in, which will cause earthquakes everytime they drive)... which won't add anything to the gameplay anyways.

I guess "earthquakes" will be the new feature for mainstream games. First Crysis 2, now BF3. I can see it now... On the box of BF3.7: Bad Korean, it will exclaim:

"Take part in 7 death-defying Earthquakes that ravaged the Korean countryside in this historically exhilarating experience!"

A huge tank battle is better than an earthquake. And we have recon plane :p

Upvote 0

InCountry mod has choppers, therefore airplanes are possible.
Earthquakes can be made using the per-existent artillery effects.

LONG LIVE THE MODS.

Upvote 0
earthquakes are very well possible if you look at the boat map in killingfloor. It rocks on the waves. So if you make a regular level rock similarly (aka rotate the camera around), and create some effects of destruction you effectively have an earthquake.

Not that I see the advantage of an earthquake beside things like artillery hits.

Last edited:
Upvote 0