• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapons Discussion (Merged)

Vietnow said:
your grandpa served in ww2? thats cool. no offense but how do you feel about him being on the german side (serious question) my great grandpa served on the russian side as an engineer. he basically layed mines, fixed minor tank problems, he was at Kursk, Prokhorovka, and some toher place i forgot the name.

but yeah that flak thing would be cool

I would like to chime in here with my own family:

Two grandfathers. One German and one American. I am blood related to the German one but adopted by and too my current American family name. And I am also a Naturalized U.S. Citizen and a veteran before anybody asks.

American Grandfather: Didn't talk much about WWII but joked that he got up one AM in France and shot at what looked like a German hiding in a snow covered ditch. It was actually a 50cal covered with a Tarp. Army made him pay for it. Told us it was expensive. Only one photo and it is a dress uniform photo of him.

German Grandfather: Was a Grenadier and did not talk about WWII at all. Served mostly in Bavaria AFAICR and Bavaria was mostly saved from the fate of the rest of the country in that it was most out of range of bombers and had the last standing (intact) armies that surrendered to the allies after the war. Our family was from the German speaking part of the Czech Republic at the time but moved to Bayern before the end came to get away from the reds. Only one photo and it is him with a group of other infantry stainding in front of some rubble. Mom has that one but hope she will give it too me some day.

One thing I find absolutely amazing about my Omah and Opah is that they somehow managed to raise and feed eight kids right after the way. I wish they were still here so I could ask them how they managed that.

Lesson Learned: Don't wait till they are gone to ask them those questions that you think are too personal. You may miss out on something that you will cherrish and pass on to your kids.

That's pretty much all I know about mine.

Upvote 0
Gunwing said:
I got to thinking about some weapons that should be in RO, so here is my list:

Russians:

Nagant Revolver: Used by many officers at the start of the conflict and was still in production through out the war.

RPG 1: Late war weapon that was basicly a copy of the German Panzerfoust and was made in small numbers and used effectively in 1944-1945.

PTRS-41: Another Russian anti-tank rifle. This one replaced the older PTRD-41 and it's main difference is it has a 5 round magazine.

RGD-33: This hand grenade was way more common than the one in the game, and was used right up till the end of the war.

RPG-43: This anti-tank grenade was used by the russians on tanks and unlike most hand grenades this one explodes on impact.

Germans:

Walther PPK: The gun that few people know was the weapon Hitler shot him slef with while hold up in his underground bunker in Berlin. The main reason for this gun is that it's not vary well known of but was the gun that ended Hitlers life.

PnazerSchreck: This is one of the most famous German anti-tank weapons of the war and there is no qusetion about why it should be in RO.

Geballte Ladung: This German anti-tank Grenade was uesed both in WW1 and WW2 effectively and deadly to light vehicles and lighter tanks like the T-60.
We don't even know how Hitler died 100% and your telling us you know he shot himself with a Walther PPK? I read that it was a P-38. Who knows. Walther PP's and PPK's were issued to German MP's, Luftwaffe, and other support personnel and not regular soldiers. You wouldn't see it often. The PTRS did not replace the PTRD and both were produced to the end of the war.

Upvote 0
qwejibo said:
PPK was also the preferred weapon of 007. Bond, James Bond.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It was Major Geoffrey Boothroyd, author of The Handgun, who suggested to Ian Fleming that his superspy James Bond use the Walther PPK. 007 had been using the Beretta .25 with a skeleton grip. Unfortunately for Bond, the Beretta, equipped with a silencer snagged as it was tucked into the waistband of his trousers. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Bond was on his feet. She was coming at him again. He tugged furiously at his gun. The silencer had caught."[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And what was M's opinion of the Beretta? It was most definitely negative.He informed 007 that he had to change weapons or go back to standard intelligence duties. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Then we'll have to change your equipment." "...that's final."[/FONT]​

Upvote 0
Vonreuter said:
Isn't that just a bunch of potato mashers bunched together, like the name suggests, as opposed to an actual AT-grenade.

It is, they also had [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Heft Hohladung granate.
[/FONT][/FONT]This is an anti tank magnetic grenade. The grenade resembled a funnel with a set of permanent magnets attatched to the wide end. The device could be either thrown with a 4

Upvote 0
I would like to see the fallowing:

Germans:

Walther PP: Another good officer pistol.

Walther PPK: Not the short the version.

C-96: With the rifle but stock Note: I miss this gun from the mod and it was one of my favorte weapons to use as the germans.

MP-35: This submachine gun was used by the German SS through out the war.

MP-34: Another good choice for the germans to have some more SMGs.

Russians:

Nagant revolver: Used by many Russian officers in WW1, and WW2.

PTRS-41: A later war anti-tank rifle that has a 5 round box magazine.

RGD-33: A more common Russian hand grenade as the one in the game was not used till 1944-1945.

Upvote 0
Well I think it has been stressed a lot but MOLOTOV COCKTAILS would be so awesome to see in the game.....

Also maxim and nagant revolver would be great, along with magnetic AT mines for the suicidal maniac inside each and every one of us! I mean, the germans actually started putting that anti-magnetic coating on their tanks later in the war so id say their mustve been a pretty good amount of Russians willing to do that kind of thing.

Two words: Dog Bomb.

Lol.

Upvote 0