• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapons Discussion (Merged)

[RO]Wilsonam said:
At most 3 FJ Divisions served in the East, out of German forces of around 300 Divisions.

For the FG42, sources have a grand total of either 5,000 or 7,000 having been made. Which isn't a lot. There were more Goliaths made than that! So, the FG42 is a rare beast indeed...
Wasn't it about 5000 of Typ. 1 and about another 2000 Typ. 2? That would make about 7000 FG-42 in total! :D

But... In this scale of war... it virtually nothing... Even as Fallschirmj

Upvote 0
Welll the reverse of your logic is that we cannot also expect that just because there are not tons of photos of FG42s in the East, that doesn't mean they weren't used in numbers either.

If only around 7000 FG42s were made, 7000 is still 7000. Overall prodution does not matter so much as *concentration* in a given battle. If the opposite was true, then why are we getting the Tiger I in ROOST when only 1300 were made? Well, we get it because it was present at most all of the critical battles.

It follows then that it doesn't matter if the FG42 was relatively rare, the FJ in themselves were relatively small in number, so it makes sense. But, if you have several maps depicting major operations where FJ were present, then it is entirely appropriate to give them the FG42. I understand that ther eare more important things in ROOST, but down the line it would be a great addition, especially for map makers that want to construct FJ maps.

Besides, everyone keeps talking about the FJ units being in the West, but people forget that they are thinking of 1944 Normandy. They also forget the reason *why* the FJ were in the West: they were like other units, rotating out from fighting in the East, it's not like they just sat in Normandy or Italy for the entire war. Also add to this the fact that the "East" is a very broad term. Battles going on down into the Balkan area and North of Italy were technically still "East Front" because Russian forces were advancing all through the area.

Upvote 0
Jack said:
Welll the reverse of your logic is that we cannot also expect that just because there are not tons of photos of FG42s in the East, that doesn't mean they weren't used in numbers either.

If only around 7000 FG42s were made, 7000 is still 7000. Overall prodution does not matter so much as *concentration* in a given battle. If the opposite was true, then why are we getting the Tiger I in ROOST when only 1300 were made? Well, we get it because it was present at most all of the critical battles.

It follows then that it doesn't matter if the FG42 was relatively rare, the FJ in themselves were relatively small in number, so it makes sense. But, if you have several maps depicting major operations where FJ were present, then it is entirely appropriate to give them the FG42. I understand that ther eare more important things in ROOST, but down the line it would be a great addition, especially for map makers that want to construct FJ maps.

I agree with that

Upvote 0
Correct me if I'm wrong, but here's what I've found on the East Front service of Fallschirmjager units:

1st Fallschirmjager Division
Sept 41 - Jun 42: Leningrad Front, Volkhov Front
Oct 42 - May 43: Smolensk Area

2nd Fallschirmjager Division
Oct 43 - May 44: Kiev, Kirovgrad, Bug River, Dniester River

Fallschirm-Panzer Division "Herman Goring"
Jun 41 - end of 41: Barbarossa
Jul 44 - May 45: Poland, East Prussia

The FJ-42 was officially introduced to FJ units in late 43/early 44, so its possible the 2nd FJ and Herman Goring may have had some in use against the Russians.

However, I'd rather the devs implement some of the more common German weapons on the East Front first, such as the MG-30(t) (31,204) or the Gewehrgranatger

Upvote 0
FYROM said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but here's what I've found on the East Front service of Fallschirmjager units:

1st Fallschirmjager Division
Sept 41 - Jun 42: Leningrad Front, Volkhov Front
Oct 42 - May 43: Smolensk Area

2nd Fallschirmjager Division
Oct 43 - May 44: Kiev, Kirovgrad, Bug River, Dniester River

Fallschirm-Panzer Division "Herman Goring"
Jun 41 - end of 41: Barbarossa
Jul 44 - May 45: Poland, East Prussia

Another one.

9.Fallschirmj

Upvote 0
What new weapons would you like to see?

What new weapons would you like to see?

Post some weapons that you would like to see be added to the weapon list.
Please put the name and why you think it should be added. Remember that they need to be true to this time on the eastern front (from 41-45)

If you dont think any weapons should be added then PLEASE DONT POST "I DONT THINK ANY SHOULD BE ADDED"

Upvote 0