• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapons Discussion (Merged)

All of the weapons listed below were used on this front and the majority of these would give the infantry the edge on tanks. As well as some new toys to play with.

Flame Throwers both personal man packs and tank bourne ones

Personal Flame throwers Flammenwerfer 35 for early war maps 40,41 for later on

Dug in AT guns to protect spawns from spawn camping maybe manned by super bots (well WWII online may get pissed, but wee need to do something about ppl driving up to the spawn especially in Ogledow and sitting 100m away blowing up tanks as you wait to get in them.

FallschrimJagergewehr 42 ( I know this was used by paras, but the Paras were also used as frontline troops late war, not only for being thrown out of aircraft or swooping in in gliders)

7.92 mm Machinengewehr 08 (early maps this is the machine gun the SS could lay their hands in the early days)

Mauser C96 with stock (SS used these alot in the early days)

9 mm MP 35l (used by SS and assault troops) Early war maps

2 cm Panzerabwehrbusche 785

Nebelwerfer (take your pick on which one)

Schwerer Wurfrahmen 40 the big ass rockets attached the sdkfz 250 and 251

Panzerwurfmin(l)

Tellerermine 42/43

Haft-Holladung 3 kg (magnetic antitank mine)

Goliath (remote control bomb)

3.7 FlugabwehrKanone 36 & 37 with the Stielgranate 41 for AT work

8.8 Raketenpanzerbusche 43, 54, 54/1 the german copy and subsequent inmprovement of the US Bazooka.

X7 Rotkapchen ( wire guided antitank missile, troop trialed on the the eastern front in Jan 1945), give the IS 2 a bit of a headache

2.7 cm Leuctpistole and 42 (fires flares and Wurfkoper 361 grenade)

2.7 Kampfpistole (He and flares again)

2.7 Sturmpistole

Roharladung Stahl 3 kg (pole charges for poking in to pill boxes and blowing them up) i.e Bangalore Torpedoes

Blendkorper 1h (smoke canisters for smaking smoke screens for assult engineers)

Nebelkerze 39 (for making smoke screens for assulting rooms etc)

Panzerhandmine 3 ( an assault mine that doubled as a AT weapon Hollow charge and had sharp spiked feet for penetrating anti mine coatings)

Abstandsladung H15 (hollow charge weapon used for attaacking armour plate and concrete defences) Most famous for the the atacks on the Maginot line and Fort Eben Emael, but would have been used on all fronts, would be good for a Sebvastopol (sorry can't spell it) Map if one is done.

Thats it for the german side take your pick

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hyperion2010 said:
mp41
mauser pistol maybe
mp38 maybe
m44

what I want more though is random weapon models with different sight pictures and different textures an nicks (sorta like the difference between the sniper rifles and the regular versions ATM). I think that it would add a lot of depth and immersion to the game.
The m44 would be cool...id like a carbine that has a bayo...there'd need to be new animation for the attchment so idk how likely it is that that will be added.
the mauser c96 however, wasnt that great of a pistol.
it was better looking than it was at shooting...accuracy and practicality were an issues that came up alot in its use and for that reason it wasnt too much of a hit with soldiers...still be kinda cool tho.
the MP41 would also be kinda nice to have.

Zbojnik said:
Let's see. MP-41, C-96, Gewehr 41(both Mauser and Walther versions. They could put these in Basovka.), MP-35, MP-18, MG-08,MG-30, the Schie

Upvote 0
shadowmoses said:
The m44 would be cool...id like a carbine that has a bayo...there'd need to be new animation for the attchment so idk how likely it is that that will be added.
the mauser c96 however, wasnt that great of a pistol.
it was better looking than it was at shooting...accuracy and practicality were an issues that came up alot in its use and for that reason it wasnt too much of a hit with soldiers...still be kinda cool tho.
the MP41 would also be kinda nice to have.

Damn i like this guy, he knows his weapons.
you collect any of these firearms by any chance?

Well I'm only 15 and own 2 weapons:p , a P08 Luger made in 1937, and a Mosin Nagant 1891/30. My uncle owns pretty much all of those except the grenades and we've used pretty much all of those listed.

Upvote 0
Dug in AT guns to protect spawns from spawn camping maybe manned by super bots

I'd suggest you edit out that suggestion before we ww2online people stone you to death.

I don't really know what I'd like to see, I guess the nagant revolver so the Russians can mix it up a bit and everything else everyone has already mentioned.

Upvote 0
boviboy said:
All of the weapons listed below were used on this front and the majority of these would give the infantry the edge on tanks. As well as some new toys to play with.

Flame Throwers both personal man packs and tank bourne ones

Dug in AT guns to protect spawns from spawn camping maybe manned by super bots

FallschrimJagergewehr 42

Mauser C96 with stock

2 cm PAnzerabwehrbusche 785

Nebelwerfer

Schwerer Wurfrahmen 40 the big ass rockets attached the sdkfz 250 and 251

Panzerwurfmin(l)

Tellerermine 42/43

Haft-Holladung 3 kg (magnetic antitank mine)

Goliath (remote control bomb)

3.7 FlugabwehrKanone 36 & 37 with the Stielgranate 41 for AT work

Thats it for the german side take your pick

Dude, the FG-42 was given to Fallschirmj

Upvote 0
Molotov cocktails BY FAR! The ultimate light tank killer. You should have to get it on top of the engine block, that would disable the engine, or if you hit on or near the hatches, the people in there would get killed. Plus a chance of the tank being destroyed entirely. I understand the difficulty in implementing flame weapons, but molotovs are a must :)

Then I'd also like those rifle grenades. They'd be perfect for destroying sniper / machinegun positions, and of some use against light vehicles aswell. You could implement a grenadier class, it would carry a bolt action rifle, 2 rifle grenades + 2 normal grenades OR 4 rifle grenades and no normal grenades, and both teams would get one of that class. Think about blowing up a machinegun firing from the train station in basovka, or in the damaged building near the square in what was it, ogledow.

Maxim machineguns would also be cool, but difficult to implement practically, as in the reality they required two people to be able to move around.

Then the panzershreck could be cool.

Upvote 0