• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

more detailed scoreboard

I hope to get something like Kills/Death * Kills/Minute as a kill performance factor, as in a game with respawns it matters if you kill a lot.

I mean you might make 4 kills in an entire round and die once, or make 40 kills and die 10 times. The kill death ratio is the same but having 10 times as many kills in the same time makes someone quite a bit better.

And points/death * points/minute as a team team performance factor, as logically its not only about killing but about capturing as well (so points in this case is points for whatever you do that is not killing).

I hope for competitive gaming that you can optionally showcase players their steamID's on the scoreboard, so you do not need to do anything separate to obtain the id's of the players playing with you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Having a score board with more info is a nice thing but I think it will ruin the game play in so many ways.

People are prone to every time there is a score board where it shows Kills/deaths count or a game that has leaderboard that holds track of KDR and updates it all the time,then lots of people will not play the game is intented to be played,team play and capping (thats how the game is made to be played) and offcourse kill more and die less while doing your job.

TWI do not make the same mistake that EA did with BC2,every body in there is concern with their KDR,while the whole game comes to a huge HAULT!!!!

HAULT!!!!- people wont do anything,stay in their spawns and just try to boost their KDR.

I approve for more detailed scoreboard such as overall points,capped areas,clearing areas of enemies while capping and such things that it will show when someone was capping and killing while doing it and not just capping and hiding.

I hope and encourage TWI to not add KDR in game and on online stats if the game gets online stats that is.

Please keep it simple,but yet with lots of info and NO KDR!!!

Reactions: Game-Enthousiast
Upvote 0
I personally would like to see a much more detailed scoreboard than that in RO. I would like to see kills/deaths/killscore/teamscore and points per minute

that layout u pointed its exactly the one as in BC2,all new comers to the game will try to play the game like COD-BC2 style,and then they will try to slap it here a screeny of how great is their kdr to the people that actually play the game as its ment to be played.

The game as we know to be a WAR game will become nothing but counting how many kills and deaths you have,it will be ruined...as mind as well add FFA to it and call it COD-RO2.

I would love to have more detailed scoreboard than just points on it,and or more detailed stats tracking if stats are ver available.

No KDR devs,dont sell out for few bucks more on sales,newcomers will buy the game regardless iven if it dont have KDR,and will actually make them play the game is intended to and become veterans on their own with time,yes time by capping or defending in general teamplay like in real WAR,and not sitting miles away from spawn and picking on targets.

Upvote 0
I dont care if only one score gets displayed, I just hope that it takes into account deaths and time played.

A person playing the game for 20 minutes will have a lower score than someone playing for 40 minutes. When dividing the score by time that effect is taken away. By further more dividing that result by deaths will make it slightly more important to stay alive.

Upvote 0
Maybe this should be moved to the ideas and suggestion folder, because I think this is a great topic for discussion. So I'm just throwing out a bone here, but how about a scoreboard that relates to the game mode?

Naturally with Firefight or TDM, it would display the kills/deaths, can't get much simpler than that. Now with Territory, why not have a scoreboard that relates to the relevant objective, be it attack or defend. You could have tallied points for attack/defence kills, dare I say it, similar to CoD capture modes, where the points are earned based on the defensive players position within the cap zone. Except where in CoD you earn points for kills as well as capturing, instead half or remove those points earned for killing someone in normal situations. Maybe in turn this could encourage players to defend that cap point, also on the point of encouragement, maybe award points for getting back into the cap when losing and swaying it back in your favour. Then at the end, like aD.Luoson suggested, just show the total kills and deaths at the end.

Countdown could then have a mixture of both perhaps, seeings as the rounds are time based, that itself could ensure that the game is hurried along without people focusing on the best KDR.

Hope I haven't rambled on too much and please feel free to pick at some my suggestions.

Upvote 0
If there will be a scoreboard it might as well actually represent high score with doing good for your team ^^. A score/minute dispalyed on the scoreboard should really put people in the mind of being efficient soldiers. If you can a lot etc people will see that you are doing little to nothing for team victory =).

Oh no please, improve the score system. Improve the *** out of it :D. Improve it so it's not so easy to get score without helping the team, and improve it so that you get score for helping the team in a way that in RO1 does not give you score.

More score for the people!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
that layout u pointed its exactly the one as in BC2,all new comers to the game will try to play the game like COD-BC2 style,and then they will try to slap it here a screeny of how great is their kdr to the people that actually play the game as its ment to be played.

The game as we know to be a WAR game will become nothing but counting how many kills and deaths you have,it will be ruined...as mind as well add FFA to it and call it COD-RO2.

I would love to have more detailed scoreboard than just points on it,and or more detailed stats tracking if stats are ver available.

No KDR devs,dont sell out for few bucks more on sales,newcomers will buy the game regardless iven if it dont have KDR,and will actually make them play the game is intended to and become veterans on their own with time,yes time by capping or defending in general teamplay like in real WAR,and not sitting miles away from spawn and picking on targets.

I don't think thats true. Camping is caused by map design and not the scoreboard. I never had issues with camping in BF2 but it happens often in BC2... why? because of map design.

If you want to encourage people to cap and get points... make it rewarding. Offer players something special for earning team points such as in the round only unlocks... something like that

Please don;t blame camping on the scoreboard

Upvote 0
Yeah a K/D ratio wont change who camps, you'll find people will still camp regardless if its in or not and bad company 2 is not a good example, since there is no cap on the amount of snipers and the rocket/nade spam and general bad map design of the game causes most of the camping. A pub will always be that way, that's why there are clans and clan matches with the primary goal of winning the map by capping the objectives

I prefer for a game 2 be detailed on how players went during the round and I'll be disappointed if it's not added in (at the rounds end)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If any of you look into my BC2 stats you will see a nasty number of 60.000 kills and KDR of 2.5,I always played RUSH and nothing else,it was the most challenging game type,it was the rush mode that kept me playing BC2.

I can't count how many times I've played on pub servers or clan servers with clan members filled up and still if I was on the attacking team 60% of my team either was sniping and medic reviving,or was assault shooting with ACOG and resupplying the Engineers with ammo for their RPG's,I can count on my both hands the rounds I've played and had a team that blew trough the defence,those rounds were rare but they were sooooo enjoyable,yes a console port game but when you have people focusing on doing the job instead of trying to pick up somebody behind some object while the M-com is 50 feet away from them and they wont risk to die in order to arm it........

Thats what KDR in game and in online stats does to the game,RO dont have KDR and I see no one carrying if they risk to die in order to cap the area,the only time people start carrying is when reinforcement drops down drastically.

My worst round ever scenario in BC2 was:

in 16 players on my team on Port Valdez I had 9 snipers hiding on hill at spawn,3 medics healing them and reviving,2 assaults and 1 ebgy constantly shooting RPG miles away in enemy spawn....WTF!!!!

I ended up blowing both mcoms by grabbing the 4wheelers sticking on it bunch of C4's and driving stright into the m-coms.

I asked every time,guys move in join in,answer from most of them was I play for kill or I need to work on my KDR....

If this game gets KDR.....god help us all.....

Reactions: Apos
Upvote 0
If any of you look into my BC2 stats you will see a nasty number of 60.000 kills and KDR of 2.5,I always played RUSH and nothing else,it was the most challenging game type,it was the rush mode that kept me playing BC2.

I can't count how many times I've played on pub servers or clan servers with clan members filled up and still if I was on the attacking team 60% of my team either was sniping and medic reviving,or was assault shooting with ACOG and resupplying the Engineers with ammo for their RPG's,I can count on my both hands the rounds I've played and had a team that blew trough the defence,those rounds were rare but they were sooooo enjoyable,yes a console port game but when you have people focusing on doing the job instead of trying to pick up somebody behind some object while the M-com is 50 feet away from them and they wont risk to die in order to arm it........

Thats what KDR in game and in online stats does to the game,RO dont have KDR and I see no one carrying if they risk to die in order to cap the area,the only time people start carrying is when reinforcement drops down drastically.

My worst round ever scenario in BC2 was:

in 16 players on my team on Port Valdez I had 9 snipers hiding on hill at spawn,3 medics healing them and reviving,2 assaults and 1 ebgy constantly shooting RPG miles away in enemy spawn....WTF!!!!

I ended up blowing both mcoms by grabbing the 4wheelers sticking on it bunch of C4's and driving stright into the m-coms.

I asked every time,guys move in join in,answer from most of them was I play for kill or I need to work on my KDR....

If this game gets KDR.....god help us all.....

What you just said has nothing to do with RO2, That is a design flaw with BC2

As i stated, no cap on amount of snipers and silly stuff like giving out med packs and ammo packs for points and unlimited amount of rockets makes it way to benficial to camp and spam

Also the lack of any features such as lean and using cover means that pushing forward is just sucide

Also do i need to point out how bad the maps are in that, super open with no way to move up without being shot miles away every time.

You are blaming the 'kdr' stats but it has nothing to do with that, infact it's just how online communitys are.

Do you really think by removing kdr stats at the end of round is going to stop people from camping and not going after the objectives?? lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0