• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater Known Issues PSA

Was at level 17 yesterday. turned the ps4 off at 730. At 930 I came back and turned on the game and it showed the correct file in the save slot of the game but when I opened it, it went back to the beginning. Everything lost.

today, I started again. grinded for 8 hours. Am now a lvl 30 mega and just beat apex orca. But this time, I have been saving my file to the cloud after every major achievement. At 9, I turned the game off again to put the kids to bed and came back and the same thing happened, I started my save file but it brought me back from the beginning. This time however, I had network backups. I restored the backup and was able to get into the spot I left off.
way to much work for something that shouldn’t happen. But at least I have a backup now. Apparently this seems to happen daily now.

also, tons of crashes. Like at least 10-15 during grinding the hunters. The more boats, the frame rate dipped tremendously and I’d crash,. If I didn’t enjoy this game so much I’d say screw it,

this is exactly what I am doing now on my third attempt.

Upvote 0
What we know of the save game corruption leads us to believe those files will not be recoverable.
So, will measures be taken to allow players to select a starting point that is similar to the progress they’ve lost? It would need to include the key elements of the progress attained to date (I realise that some parts in the first three to four areas cannot be attained until you reach higher levels of shark development), if not I won’t be playing this game again.

I don’t have the spare time to be an active beta tester for a release with this many issues.

• Love
Reactions: Noblechaos72
Upvote 0
Not sure if you're aware, but I started playing last night only to boot up today and now I'm no longer able to earn XP or even go to the Evolution screen. The tab is greyed out at the top and even if I hit left of the D-Pad it won't show up. I've tries restarting and even going to the grotto and back yet still no XP can be earned. Even when collecting nutrients from caches it doesn't show them as collected as nothing comes up like it normally does.

Here is a link to a video of me playing today showing the above issues. I hope this helps!

Upvote 0
On PS4 Pro.
Getting occasional fans going full blast for no apparent reason, such as at the start menu and the evolution menu when in the grotto.
only in the first bayou area, not noticed any frame drops yet.

But the game badly needs a hard lock on for targets!
Trying to attack a level 5 and then my shark starts chomping on a level 1 which got too close! :rollseyes:

Reactions: Noblechaos72
Upvote 0

100% agreed. Fighting one of the apex predators, and between the short window where it's vulnerable, and the fact lock-on doesn't work at all in that fight, I can't even attack. All I can do is hope my poison evasion does enough damage.

I hope there’s eventually some sort of thank you/we’re sorry content for early adopters. We’ve gotten screwed over lol, we should at least get free stuff since we can’t get refunds

It's always nice when a company does this, but I don't feel I'm entitled to anything. I'd rather them work on resolving the issues so we can have an enjoyable experience, than have them worry about how to placate someone who just says "we should get free stuff."

Upvote 0
On PS4 Pro.
Getting occasional fans going full blast for no apparent reason, such as at the start menu and the evolution menu when in the grotto.
only in the first bayou area, not noticed any frame drops yet.

Trying to attack a level 5 and then my shark starts chomping on a level 1 which got too close! :rollseyes:
THANK YOU! it needs a hard lock on SO BAD

Upvote 0
Not sure if you're aware, but I started playing last night only to boot up today and now I'm no longer able to earn XP or even go to the Evolution screen. The tab is greyed out at the top and even if I hit left of the D-Pad it won't show up. I've tries restarting and even going to the grotto and back yet still no XP can be earned. Even when collecting nutrients from caches it doesn't show them as collected as nothing comes up like it normally does.

Here is a link to a video of me playing today showing the above issues. I hope this helps!

That's odd because that harpoon wasn't there last night and I was able to level up as well as earning XP with no issues until today. You can see that I've advanced in the story well past the beginning.

Upvote 0
For the queen of the ocean trophy you have to make sure you open the gates. Everything can be 100% but if you don't open them it won't unlock. I ran into that yesterday, and as soon as I opened the gate it unlocked.

I unlocked the 3 large gates during my playthrough, I unlocked everything but queen of the ocean still didn't popped up

Upvote 0
I don't see a mention of the game crashing/freezing on xbox one. This is a issue and sometimes it crashes to where you miss out on a cutscene. Please fix this so we can enjoy the whole story.
The developers are aware of crashing all everyone can do is be patient for the bugs to be fixed hopefully in my opinion.

Reactions: Bartleyb
Upvote 0
100% agreed. Fighting one of the apex predators, and between the short window where it's vulnerable, and the fact lock-on doesn't work at all in that fight, I can't even attack. All I can do is hope my poison evasion does enough damage.

It's always nice when a company does this, but I don't feel I'm entitled to anything. I'd rather them work on resolving the issues so we can have an enjoyable experience, than have them worry about how to placate someone who just says "we should get free stuff."

So a wasted three days of playing a bug riddled game doesn’t bother you? It bothers me, I paid for the game on release, not expecting to be testing it for Tripwire.

I’m not after freebies, I want to be able to resume playing the game with the 34% ish progress Intact.

Upvote 0
So a wasted three days of playing a bug riddled game doesn’t bother you? It bothers me, I paid for the game on release, not expecting to be testing it for Tripwire.

I’m not after freebies, I want to be able to resume playing the game with the 34% ish progress Intact.

I wasn't quoting you. I was quoting someone who literally said they wanted free stuff because of the bugs.

Upvote 0
I wasn't quoting you. I was quoting someone who literally said they wanted free stuff because of the bugs.

I tried to reply, but mods. Anyway I’m surprised you read my post and interpreted as me wanting free stuff instead of them fixing the game. Everyone wants the game fixed first.

I do think it’s right though for the developers to be concerned with the amount of frustration they’ve caused their customers and should absolutely be looking for ways to address that.

Upvote 0