• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater Known Issues PSA

I'm sure they are doing what's possible. As a former software QA person, it is normally the devs and QA saying to hold off and delay to get it right, while the publisher just demands that it be released by a certain time no matter what.
I agree that we shouldn't have to deal with experiences like this, especially as excited early purchasers that pay the most. This seems like a game that will be on PS Plus, Game Pass, humble bundle etc in a year or so, but I wanted to play it now... Well over my holiday weekend that's over. It's an industry problem. I just hope the devs working to fix it are being treated well, and that the company reviews its QA process going forward.
The reviews I read didn't have these issues, as I did check day 1 reviews to see if it was buggy.

Still looks like a great game and I'm sure the people behind its design want us to see it at it's best. Someone likely in a big office, that doesn't know anything about code probably demanded it be pushed out by a certain date in any state. We do need to figure out how we can push back when we don't even know until we have the game.

Makes me miss the pre-internet games. On those consoles it had to work at release or you could face recalls etc. I can't currently do what's advertised on the box of this game though. I still have a lot of love for the people that truly made it though.

Upvote 0
I'm sure they are doing what's possible. As a former software QA person, it is normally the devs and QA saying to hold off and delay to get it right, while the publisher just demands that it be released by a certain time no matter what.
I agree that we shouldn't have to deal with experiences like this, especially as excited early purchasers that pay the most. This seems like a game that will be on PS Plus, Game Pass, humble bundle etc in a year or so, but I wanted to play it now... Well over my holiday weekend that's over. It's an industry problem. I just hope the devs working to fix it are being treated well, and that the company reviews its QA process going forward.
The reviews I read didn't have these issues, as I did check day 1 reviews to see if it was buggy.

Still looks like a great game and I'm sure the people behind its design want us to see it at it's best. Someone likely in a big office, that doesn't know anything about code probably demanded it be pushed out by a certain date in any state. We do need to figure out how we can push back when we don't even know until we have the game.

Makes me miss the pre-internet games. On those consoles it had to work at release or you could face recalls etc. I can't currently do what's advertised on the box of this game though. I still have a lot of love for the people that truly made it though.

Yeah in truth part of the reason people are upset is because what they played of the game was really fun! I thought it started a bit repetitive but by the time I had to quit playing I was having a blast. For the developer to even attempt this kind of game, let alone pull it off, I do really want to be a fan. It’ll just be interesting to see how things play out

Upvote 0
I tried to reply, but mods. Anyway I’m surprised you read my post and interpreted as me wanting free stuff instead of them fixing the game. Everyone wants the game fixed first.

I do think it’s right though for the developers to be concerned with the amount of frustration they’ve caused their customers and should absolutely be looking for ways to address that.

How else am I supposed to interpret " We’ve gotten screwed over lol, we should at least get free stuff since we can’t get refunds " You literally said you wanted free stuff.

Upvote 0
I will put my issue here as well.

Vid provided

couple of days ago I was at level 30 killed all the hunters and just needed collectible and the last story mission. The game crashed and lost save file.

Started again completed story 100% on every location collectibles finished all hunters killed but didn't get science experiment.

I checked the Evolutions and I am missing Tyler Dixon Bio Electric Fins.

Gutted as really liked the game gues I wait for a patch. Think I am the only one this has happened 2.

I don't fancy playing a 3rd time as not missed anything on 2nd playthrough

Just a heads up..

Shame u cant replay the hunters that could solve it

Upvote 0
I am scheduled for a meeting later today where I hope to learn where things are at for specific items as well as the hotfix build progress. Will update the post with any new information I learn.

I realise there appear to be a lot of issues requiring fixes - for me to be able to play this again I’d like to have access to 34% completion at Golden Shores. Without that, I’m not playing again from scratch.

Upvote 0
I'll have more information to share tomorrow, but after having a meeting with the teams here at Tripwire I wanted to share more about the evolving situation.

The team has fixes that are heading to QA for test now. This includes items we had firm reproduction for, as well as items that we've had trouble reproducing in house. Due to the nature of those fixes we want to spend more time checking the entire build to make sure other systems won't break.

I'm hoping to have a Work In Progress changelog to share with you all that will cover the fixes that are in test at some point tomorrow. If all goes well, a build will be uploaded to our partners early next week with a full rollout likely mid week due to how this process works.

For those who have experienced these issues, we understand your frustration and thank you for your patience. I have updated the original post to reflect our current anticipated patch timings.

Upvote 0