• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Linux Servers?

FluX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 26, 2010
www.fluxiservice.com
Hi, I have a game server provider that I own and I want to know will there be linux servers? I read that windows is supported but I really hope linux servers are avaiable. Will this be the case?

larkstongues42

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 8, 2013
Hi, I have a game server provider that I own and I want to know will there be linux servers? I read that windows is supported but I really hope linux servers are avaiable. Will this be the case?
In the other thread Yoshiro mentioned a Linux client, so I'm guessing there'll be a Linux server too. I really hope there's a Linux server on day one though, because my dedi runs Linux and Windows isn't going anywhere near that. Plus all my custom bash/perl scripts would be a pain to get working on windows...

Acreo Aeneas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2010
I would also hope there will be a linux server package since my box is also running a linux distro.

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
I thought the announcement said something along the line of steambox, someone would have to look at that. But if it got steambox support then it will have linux support.

[TW]Strago

Tripwire Interactive Staff
Jun 23, 2010
Linux client and linux server support are not quite the same. We have a long list of cool features for server admins and we are discussing where we should focus our efforts.

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive President
Oct 11, 2005
www.redorchestragame.com
Yeah but I wanted a 100% clarification of whether it'll be supported. I'm hoping it wont be like RO2 where it has no linux support.
The game is still in development and we have nothing more to announce regarding server platforms at this time. So you'll just have to be patient and wait til we've got more to share. Also, maybe try being a bit less demanding, it gets you further with the devs :)

FluX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 26, 2010
www.fluxiservice.com
The game is still in development and we have nothing more to announce regarding server platforms at this time. So you'll just have to be patient and wait til we've got more to share. Also, maybe try being a bit less demanding, it gets you further with the devs :)
oh I wasn't being demanding, I guess when I said "100% clarification", I mean, I would like to know more into this. Forget that. Thanks for the reply, it's answered to what I needed to know.

djw

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 14, 2011
Would be awesome if you have a Linux Server. I find it easier to tune a Linux box over Windows for game server performance.