• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Linux Servers?

Hi, I have a game server provider that I own and I want to know will there be linux servers? I read that windows is supported but I really hope linux servers are avaiable. Will this be the case?

In the other thread Yoshiro mentioned a Linux client, so I'm guessing there'll be a Linux server too. I really hope there's a Linux server on day one though, because my dedi runs Linux and Windows isn't going anywhere near that. Plus all my custom bash/perl scripts would be a pain to get working on windows...

Upvote 0
Yeah but I wanted a 100% clarification of whether it'll be supported. I'm hoping it wont be like RO2 where it has no linux support.

The game is still in development and we have nothing more to announce regarding server platforms at this time. So you'll just have to be patient and wait til we've got more to share. Also, maybe try being a bit less demanding, it gets you further with the devs :)

Upvote 0
The game is still in development and we have nothing more to announce regarding server platforms at this time. So you'll just have to be patient and wait til we've got more to share. Also, maybe try being a bit less demanding, it gets you further with the devs :)

oh I wasn't being demanding, I guess when I said "100% clarification", I mean, I would like to know more into this. Forget that. Thanks for the reply, it's answered to what I needed to know.

Upvote 0