• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor - offensive.

Soooo, what you're saying is, you hate trannies?

What I'm trying to say is that I am rather displeased with overall diversity of available characters, which makes it look like there was a circus in town exactly at the time of zed outbreak. Namely, steampunk and all bonus characters.

My personal opinion is that everything after the nightfall dlc send roster to hell in a wheeled minecart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Soooo, what you're saying is, you hate trannies? :(

Do you like them then? :)

Who cares if anyone likes or hates them. Who cares if there are no playable female characters, or midgets or unicorns or Wood Elves or disabled basket ball playing monkeys. The game is as it is and if people don't like it for asthetic reasons, then there are plenty others to choose from. This game isn't perfect, don't get me wrong but the stupidest thing to winge about is the fact that there are no playable females. Quite frankly I think that it's a nice change from having to play against/with 90 lb female characters that look like their arms would snap off if they really had to fire a shotgun. Political correctness in games is the most idiotic reason to do anything and only serves to distract from gameplay, adding content which most people don't care about anyway.

Look at Left 4 Dead... that is a game that caters to a wider audience (i.e **** nutbags) and yet I can't stand it. The guns have no weight or feel to them, the characters are dull and pointless, the levels linear, and overall just a bad, bad game. It concentrates of glitz and special effects and voice acting, set pieces and all of that nonsense. My girlfriend said it best when she remarked that it felt like you ice skated around the map rather than walked, and consequently loaded up killing floor.

"I" get offended when people rant on political correctness because they are too fragile to deal with how things are and want everyone to tiptoe around them and pretend that the world is perfect and full of fluffy bunnies and chocolate rainbows. Life isn't fair, here have a tissue and deal with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What I'm trying to say is that I am rather displeased with overall diversity of available characters, which makes it look like there was a circus in town exactly at the time of zed outbreak. Namely, steampunk and all bonus characters.

My personal opinion is that everything after the nightfall dlc send roster to hell in a wheeled minecart.

I dunno, PostMortem and London's finest were actually quite fitting.

Upvote 0

yeah i think the DLC are poor - not the work but the character choices.
the EOD guy was great a few novelty ones are ok I guess but on the whole it's it's like a dark monty python sketch.

I don't take the game seriously and i don't mind certain stereotypes but some are so hackneyed and unsubtle i think they lose their edge completely.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
non-special forces regularly carry that much weight in gear in a combat zone -knows from experience

you just get use to carrying it

I carried about 90 in Iraq, medic pack, weapons, ammo, armor, water, ect. I weighed 145 and was in great shape, and it was a chore, mainly because of the weight to body weight ratio. I am thin, and don't get big. I just plainly don't see a female being able to carry gear close to or exceeding their body weight, and that is just one issue with SF quals, or missions. Not to mention the Navy SEALs have a 90% dropout rate, and the guys trying are top notch with years of experience and in very good shape, and most of them still fail.

I ended up with stress fractures and knee problems, and am still fighting the VA for a settlement/disability. Simply put, the military loses a lot of people, just from the weight of everything. You can't expect someone to carry 100 lbs of whatever and not have body issues. Not to mention the fact of carrying that much crap slows you down tremendously, you aren't nearly as fast or mobile, and you lose a lot of your endurance. Instead of investing billions in whiz bang techno gizmos, they need to find a way to lighten the combat load. You ain't gonna run far if you are carrying 3/4 of your body weight in equipment.

Upvote 0
1528356-flash6412_no_fun_allowed_super.jpg

Reactions: GeneralLeo1994
Upvote 0
My mum was always an avid believer that there are jobs men can do that women can't. Her example was a drayman, who were men who worked in breweries transporting heavy kegs of beer. Her arguement was these men transported these heay loads, sometimes 2 at a time, and it put an awful load of stress on the body.

Now a woman could be strong enough to physically lift and transport these things, but by doing so they would most certainly damage their womb, and do alot more damage to their bodies than a man would.

This military example is exactly the same, a woman's skeletal structure isn't designed to lift heavy weights. So sure a woman may be able to do the same job as a man, but she will find she does alot more damage to herself in the same circumstances than what a bloke does. Its how nature is, just like women are much better at multitasking due to the need to be mothers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think you're taking it too seriously. Didn't you get at least a little laugh out of the OP?

I would if this wasn't just another in a long line of threads like this. Also the fact there are people out there that do think like this proves that it's an epidemic that needs to be dealt with. Preferably ending with the crucifixion of these people.

Upvote 0
Hmph. Now I'm kinda waiting for someone to request black and asian versions of specimen, as killing only caucasian clones is racially offensive.

Nobody complained about killing zombies in Resident Evil games when they where white and latin.
But when RE5 came out and you where killing zombies in Africa everybody went ape**** because they where black.

Seriously, who gives a flying **** if they are white, black, yellow, pink or green with purple dots and red lines?
THEY ARE 'ZOMBIES'! It's either killing them or they killing you.

Upvote 0
Nobody complained about killing zombies in Resident Evil games when they where white and latin.
But when RE5 came out and you where killing zombies in Africa everybody went ape**** because they where black.

Seriously, who gives a flying **** if they are white, black, yellow, pink or green with purple dots and red lines?
THEY ARE 'ZOMBIES'! It's either killing them or they killing you.

Not to mention, if the zombies are in Africa, it is common sense that most or all of them would be black.

Reactions: Spicy and C_Gibby
Upvote 0