• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor - offensive.

Nobody complained about killing zombies in Resident Evil games when they where white and latin.
But when RE5 came out and you where killing zombies in Africa everybody went ape**** because they where black.

Seriously, who gives a flying **** if they are white, black, yellow, pink or green with purple dots and red lines?
THEY ARE 'ZOMBIES'! It's either killing them or they killing you.

Not to mention, if the zombies are in Africa, it is common sense that most or all of them would be black.

When I played it I'm pretty sure there were a crap ton of white looking folk in the cities. But it really didn't help itself with the tribal side of things. *EDIT* I was going to go on at this point but after half a screen I realised here is not the place for a full blown rant. Consider yourselves lucky :D

Reactions: Janek566
Upvote 0
I would if this wasn't just another in a long line of threads like this. Also the fact there are people out there that do think like this proves that it's an epidemic that needs to be dealt with. Preferably ending with the crucifixion of these people.

If you're willing to say that then you probably don't mean it seriously, just like the OP didn't :rolleyes:

Also, I haven't been to these forums as long as some others may have been but recently I've been frequenting, what other threads in this "long line" are you referring to? I'm not trying to call you out but I can't say I recall any troll threads recently. There was that weapon-vanishing thread but it only got deleted because a specific poster was being rude, not trolling.

Upvote 0
If you're willing to say that then you probably don't mean it seriously, just like the OP didn't :rolleyes:

Also, I haven't been to these forums as long as some others may have been but recently I've been frequenting, what other threads in this "long line" are you referring to? I'm not trying to call you out but I can't say I recall any troll threads recently. There was that weapon-vanishing thread but it only got deleted because a specific poster was being rude, not trolling.

There was another thread that I can recall within recent memory that played the whole sexist thing. I'll see if I can dig a link up later. It nearly always comes up whenever someone suggests female playable skins, which is at least 3 times every free weekend.

As for my comment, yes I was jesting about crucifixion but I do believe trolls should be dealt with. If only for the betterment of the human race.

Upvote 0

How do you know that the OP wasn't serious? I know that it's a general concensus that if someone says something outlandishly stupid on a forum that it means that they are trying to start an argument while giggling, but I've never unstood why people assume that.

Unfortunately there ARE people obsessed with political correctness in the world and it wouldn't surprise me at all if that guy was serious.

EDIT: OMG OP, I hope that I didn't offend you, I mean't guy OR lady! Is it sexist to assume that most gamers are men?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Unfortunately there ARE people obsessed with political correctness in the world and it wouldn't surprise me at all if that guy was serious.

It's a case by case basis thing.

In this example, if the OP wanted to reach out to people about gender stereotypes like s/he initially states, then it wouldn't make sense to post on a videogame forum (that a majority of the videogame's players don't even read). The only way the OP could be serious is if s/he had the IQ of a watermelon, since there are a few other facts to consider: the OP has not replied since posting, chose a pretty illogical place to post, hasn't even logged in since posting, and uh... made a pretty silly case to begin with.

I mean yeah, it's possible that this is a complete nut-job hellbent on political correctness in videogames but I think in this case it's just trololo.

Upvote 0
This is me being picky but the correct word when gender of the referred party is unknown is 'they'.

Doing the whole s/he is just ****ed up and panders to the PC crowd. Better yet use the term 'it' just to piss them off.

Oh, and be it troll or political correctness muppet neither should be entertained nor fed for the they are both a blight on the internet and to the human race. I'm going to take my own advice and ignore this thread now. =P

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is me being picky but the correct word when gender of the referred party is unknown is 'they'.

This is one possible solution but it's not the only correct one. Have a look:

http://oxforddictionaries.com/words/he-or-she-versus-they

Oxford Dictionary said:
You can use the plural pronouns ‘they’, ‘them’, ‘their’ etc., despite the fact that, technically, they are referring back to a singular noun... Some people object to the use of plural pronouns in this type of situation on the grounds that it’s ungrammatical.

So even though you can say "they" even then it's leaning towards sounding wrong :p

The reason I will always use s/he is because of a particularly mean literature teacher in my junior year in high school. I ALMOST HAD AN A ON AN ESSAY MAN, but nooo. I used "they" instead of s/he and got marked down enough to a B+. Yeah also my teacher didn't care about it actually being correct but hey, America's education system, lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is one possible solution but it's not the only correct one. Have a look:

http://oxforddictionaries.com/words/he-or-she-versus-they

"He" is actually correct when the sex isn't known. That also works as a rule of thumb when picking up a hooker. If you don't know for sure, assume it's a guy. :)

I generally use "they" even though it really isn't correct because using "he" means that some yahoo gets all worked up because he thinks it sounds sexist and I am really tired of pointing out that "he" is the correct usage.

Upvote 0
No offense to you but you simply didn't click the link :p

Here's what I was referring to http://i.imgur.com/JTXXV.png

I clicked the link. I was disagreeing with this part in the link "Today, this approach is seen as outdated and sexist." That is why I quoted the link.

I also diagree with "In the past, people tended to use the pronouns he, his, him, or himself in situations like this:" People didn't "tend to use." Proper grammar is using "he, his, him, or himself" when the sex isn't determined. Stupid PC world. Sigh.

Upvote 0
I clicked the link. I was disagreeing with this part in the link "Today, this approach is seen as outdated and sexist." That is why I quoted the link.

I also diagree with "In the past, people tended to use the pronouns he, his, him, or himself in situations like this:" People didn't "tend to use." Proper grammar is using "he, his, him, or himself" when the sex isn't determined. Stupid PC world. Sigh.

Fair enough, then we disagree.

In an ideal world I'd agree with you, it shouldn't be sexist to use just "he." It's simply shorter, so it's easier and more practical. But you know how things are now :eek: It has to be explicitly stated that both genders are being acknowledged, or it has to be left vague with "they." You picked the wrong century to be born in lol.

Upvote 0
Why for ANY reason did this post get downvoted, And even better im back down to a red rep.
Wtf guys? :|

Once again, the voting system here is implemented incorrectly. The proper way to implement a voting system is for the person down voting a post to take a hit as well. That way a person must actually have a reason to down vote a post because it reduces their rating a well. Without this, the whole voting system just turns into a popularity contest and some people automatically down vote any post by someone he doesn't like.

So don't let a negative rep or someone down voting a post get to you.

Reactions: Benjamin
Upvote 0
Why for ANY reason did this post get downvoted, And even better im back down to a red rep.
Wtf guys? :|

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Usually a downvote means that someone disagrees with your post but doesn't want to actually reply to it and generate more discussion. There are a couple people on these forums that will actually make thoughtful replies and end up with 5-6 downvotes for it.

It's like the leveling system in KF. Being level 6 doesn't mean you're good, it just means you play a lot. Same goes for forum rep. The more posts you make, the more likely it is that someone will agree or disagree with it, which can lead to really big red or green bars.

Upvote 0
Command options

Command options

First...I wonder if TrackerIR5 can be used for better looking around on the battlefield along with the mouse. But...I was thinking that better coordination of the players would be possible by giving a minute before each session started for the ones who take command roles to lay out their tactics to those one their side. Perhaps a map could be displayed and the commander could indicate where he wanted the assault, the MG's set up, defensive areas to thwart flanking, that sort of thing. Too complicated?

Upvote 0
How do you know that the OP wasn't serious? I know that it's a general concensus that if someone says something outlandishly stupid on a forum that it means that they are trying to start an argument while giggling, but I've never unstood why people assume that.

If I didn't think this way, I'd probably cry myself to sleep at night. Assuming someone is a troll when they say the dumbest things possible on the internet makes me feel much better.

Seriously, if it's something "outlandishly stupid" then you gain nothing by arguing, talking to, or debating their viewpoint. You won't convince someone that the world isn't flat on your own. Laugh it off.

Upvote 0
Once again, the voting system here is implemented incorrectly. The proper way to implement a voting system is for the person down voting a post to take a hit as well. That way a person must actually have a reason to down vote a post because it reduces their rating a well. Without this, the whole voting system just turns into a popularity contest and some people automatically down vote any post by someone he doesn't like.

So don't let a negative rep or someone down voting a post get to you.

Alright thanks both of you.
I make a small mistake, and it gets downvoted.
I don't want to be "Popular" on the forums, Its just I don't like mah red rating. (x

Reactions: Benjamin
Upvote 0