• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
Nah that guy called me a "****ing idiot" because I happened to disagree with the fact that some CS-kiddies stole weapon models from the INS team and put them on their site. Guess that's normal in the Source community. I could of course reason with him but that wouldn't work anyway, so I told him to suck it. :D Now I can't post anymore, but the other flamers (I'm not a flamer btw) still can. Fair world isn't it? :D

Nah it's not like DoD at all. Running and gunning works better in RO than in INS. In INS you get massive recoil if you shoot from the hip. Plus, there is hardly any nadespam which is refreshing after playing RO for years.

Well, theres no nade spam because nades suck butt in INS. Seriously, from what ive seen modern grenades do (mostly from videos), these pale in comparison. Also, why does it seem every mod (and I mean every last one of them) use HL2's explosion graphics and rocket trails?? It looked terrible to begin with and they just keep using it and using it.

Also, I wish I could see those exchange of posts, it sounds like quite a funny ordeal. :D:p

Upvote 0
I really like it. Has a lot of nifty features that RO could use but hasn't included. It is fast paced, but also pretty tactical. You can't just sprint ahead and spray bullets over an area and control it, or be a pop-up rifleman like in RO:O, knocking off enemy targets with pinpoint accuracy across the map with little risk to yourself as long as you have decent reflexes. If you don't use teamwork, you won't take a point.

It has it's share of bugs, but overall it I think it is a nice release. In some respects it isn't even as crazily fast paced as RO.

Upvote 0
Well i liked it at first but now i have played it for about a week and i honestly hate this game. Most of my problems are to do with the engines common quirks. Been shot before someone has popped around a corner, getting into cover and being killed due to the laggy hit boxes and shooting at someone while they was facing another direction and being killed by them has had me screaming.

Besides the engines faults i don't like the kind of gameplay this promotes. Far too much camping for my liking, reminds me of Americas army. I also can't get into it either and i am sucking quite bad. Normally i give things a good try but they are too many annoying things that are putting me off. This with the engine quirks and its giving me more frustration than enjoyment. But good luck to the ones that are digging it.

Upvote 0
I love it when people who "like realism" talk about camping, you guys are just so full of yourselves trying to show "maturity" through the games you play... I also love how you bash a free mod that is pretty much in the same state as Red Orchestra was when it first came out for UT2k3. RO was just as ****ty then as INS is now, and to be honest it was the only time it was worth playing.

Upvote 0
I really like it. Has a lot of nifty features that RO could use but hasn't included. It is fast paced, but also pretty tactical. You can't just sprint ahead and spray bullets over an area and control it, or be a pop-up rifleman like in RO:O, knocking off enemy targets with pinpoint accuracy across the map with little risk to yourself as long as you have decent reflexes. If you don't use teamwork, you won't take a point.

It has it's share of bugs, but overall it I think it is a nice release. In some respects it isn't even as crazily fast paced as RO.

What INS features would you like to see in RO?

So far I see more teamwork in RO, DODS and even CSS than in INS.

I find it fast paced. You'll never see anyone win a round as fast in RO as it usually happens on some INS maps(Ramadi, Hillah). There's only one big open map in INS where fights seem to last a bit longer (Sinjar). The first part of Karkar is also interesting , but as soon as you reach the mine, it gets terrible.

Upvote 0
I love it when people who "like realism" talk about camping, you guys are just so full of yourselves trying to show "maturity" through the games you play... I also love how you bash a free mod that is pretty much in the same state as Red Orchestra was when it first came out for UT2k3. RO was just as ****ty then as INS is now, and to be honest it was the only time it was worth playing.

Wow...

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
well, I played this for many hours tonight. I got killed alot. alot. really,...alot. :) but, it was fun! alot of fun. better that BF2, and better (slightly) that Joint Ops:Typhoon Rising (another modern combat game, for you young readers).

This game has alot of nice realism features, and is not a DoD:S or CSS crap fest at all. much better. this is a really nice mod.

if you have HL2, you would be complete fool nit to try this. This is a great mod & game. it is written.

Upvote 0
Don't jump out of your seat beating up your computer there buddy, you misunderstood me. See, I play mods for the same reason I go to see a highschool theater play or watch a college basketball game. The guys doing it aren't the top of the world, well payed professionals and they make mistakes and mess up. But at the same time, they put their hearts into the work they do and that makes it appealing for me. I like to watch people who work just to see themselves improve, not for the paycheck at the end of the month or the jerking off over the sales figures. The close relationship with the community is just icing on the cake.
Retail games are different.

Upvote 0
What INS features would you like to see in RO?

So far I see more teamwork in RO, DODS and even CSS than in INS.

I find it fast paced. You'll never see anyone win a round as fast in RO as it usually happens on some INS maps(Ramadi, Hillah). There's only one big open map in INS where fights seem to last a bit longer (Sinjar). The first part of Karkar is also interesting , but as soon as you reach the mine, it gets terrible.

That is because in RO you have 5-shot bolt action rifles, not 30-round semi-automatic and fully automatic assault rifles.

There are no kill notifications, something RO:O has needed but never been given, a little bit more realism that RO could use but still doesn't have for some reason? Please don't tell me RO:O strives for realism with this kind of a feature.

The machine-guns-you don't have to always be crouched behind the sights like in RO:O. I find shooting with my head more raised and actually being able to follow the tracers a godsend, something that RO:O fails to have.

Grenades are not nuclear devices that decide entire battles and are sometimes the only weapon used.

Upvote 0