• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
I dont understand how you 'realism' guys cant just enjoy different games and their qualities

RO = Realism and serious gameplay, fun
CSS = A funny freekin game with incredibly bs headshots
INS = Realism, serious, fun
HL2 = No its not realistic, but its FUN

Most of the guys over here compare almost every game to realism or real life experiences

Sorry guys, but you just cant do that :) Its a game and its not gonna get ANY where near closer to Reallife

Join the army, unless your a keyboard weilding boxer shorts wearing geek sitting in the parents basement

:p

Love you all

Upvote 0
I dont understand how you 'realism' guys cant just enjoy different games and their qualities

CSS = A funny freekin game with incredibly bs headshots
INS = Realism, serious, fun

Most of the guys over here compare almost every game to realism or real life experiences

Sorry guys, but you just cant do that :) Its a game and its not gonna get ANY where near closer to Reallife

Join the army, unless your a keyboard weilding boxer shorts wearing geek sitting in the parents basement

:p

Love you all
Why not just let us "realism guys" have our opinions without you defending every tiny aspect of Insurgency with every post you make? It's getting to the point of ignoring your post everytime I see that Cartman signature.

CSS = A reasonably fun game for 30 minutes at a time when I'm in the right mood with incredibly bs headshots. CS 1.6 and surfing being even more fun.
INS = Not realistic, not that serious, not fun

Upvote 0
Maybe so

But nobody should penalise a FREE mod because they failed to deliver certain features in a beta

Im quite gratefull these guys have come together and made an impressive mod, for free ;)

There's nothing wrong with criticizing someone for not delivering what they claimed.

And stop tossing "free mod" around like it makes everything alright. Of course it is free. If it wasn't you'd have an awful lot of angry, dissatisfied people.

Upvote 0
Don't jump out of your seat beating up your computer there buddy, you misunderstood me. See, I play mods for the same reason I go to see a highschool theater play or watch a college basketball game. The guys doing it aren't the top of the world, well payed professionals and they make mistakes and mess up. But at the same time, they put their hearts into the work they do and that makes it appealing for me. I like to watch people who work just to see themselves improve, not for the paycheck at the end of the month or the jerking off over the sales figures. The close relationship with the community is just icing on the cake.
Retail games are different.

Yeah I'm sure the staff at TW are rolling around in their mountains of cash right now, laughing at the fools who would pay for a game that is light years ahead in terms of polish and features than the RO mod. So any developers who go retail with their games have lost their heart? Typical "you sold out to the man" talk

Upvote 0
lots of silly, ignorant posts as usual :rolleyes:, but the clear message any reader of this thread should com away with is; this is a fun mod to play, and it's very tactical with the right server/players. it's miles ahead of DoD:S. miles.

the maps and atmosphere are second to none. absolutely brilliant. some maps are small, I agreee, but there's one (don't know the name) that is really big and had a pretty epic feel to it (it's the one where the US has to cap stuff, and the first cap is up a hill and you hide behind a concrete Jersey Barrier for the cap).

ignore 75% of the negative posts.

Upvote 0
Why not just let us "realism guys" have our opinions without you defending every tiny aspect of Insurgency with every post you make? It's getting to the point of ignoring your post everytime I see that Cartman signature.

CSS = A reasonably fun game for 30 minutes at a time when I'm in the right mood with incredibly bs headshots. CS 1.6 and surfing being even more fun.
INS = Not realistic, not that serious, not fun

You can have your opinion, but I hate it when dumb people take the piss on a game for the wrong reasons. Which is what you are doing.

Please, stop saying "ZOMGS IT SUKZ LOL" as if it's a fact.

INS is realistic, but in a very different way than RO.

RO = realistic bullet ballistics, a game of skill, very balanced level design, natural movement, lots of great maps, a very complete game.

INS = better suppressive fire, more of a "fear of death" (yes I still put that term between quotes), realistic firefights, bullet penetration, better options for teamwork.

For a mod INS is great. If the gameplay isn't your cup of tea, that's fine. By all means complain about the bugs, the dodgy movement, lack of an overhead map and the TK and spawcamp problems. But don't hate on INS for the wrong reasons.

Meh, I probably can't convince you anyway. I'm going to play some INS.:D

lots of silly, ignorant posts as usual :rolleyes:, but the clear message any reader of this thread should com away with is; this is a fun mod to play, and it's very tactical with the right server/players. it's miles ahead of DoD:S. miles.

I remember your posts from a few days ago. Glad you tried the mod with an open mind. Wish more people did that. :)

Upvote 0
Not sure why so much people here dont like it. Game looks great and in my opinion less crazy hipshooting than in ro only see people rambo in close distances which is fine. Also no death mesages which is cool and ro shouldnt have death mesages either. Sure their is some problems but overall i think its a very good beta version. Also INS has longer respawns so people try to die less than RO. Maps are fun too although i wish they had more but plenty will be released later on. Also what the hell is wrong with some of you people play the mod then give your opinion.

Upvote 0
Am I the only person here who hates HL2 and finds it downright irritating? It's amix of puzzle solving in FPS and "throw-a-bazillion-incredibly-stupid-enemies" at the moment's notice and call it fun?

IMO that kind of FPS design was old when Doom 2 was released, and certainly by the time original HL, the apogee of 2nd generation single player FPS games was done. 5-6 years later it was just plain irritating. Few things puzzled me in the history of FPS games as HL2's success.

I attribute it to sheep mentality "everyone said HL was excellent so HL2 with all this hype being built thru the decades must be too".

Just thought it would be fun to switch the thread from INS-bashing to some good ole HL2 bashing LOL

As for other games - I think CSS is bloody brilliant product, simple, and to a point. RO is brilliant as well. INS is just too bad at the moment (but still the better reason to buy HL2 than HL2 itself rofl)

Upvote 0
That is because in RO you have 5-shot bolt action rifles, not 30-round semi-automatic and fully automatic assault rifles.

There are no kill notifications, something RO:O has needed but never been given, a little bit more realism that RO could use but still doesn't have for some reason? Please don't tell me RO:O strives for realism with this kind of a feature.

The machine-guns-you don't have to always be crouched behind the sights like in RO:O. I find shooting with my head more raised and actually being able to follow the tracers a godsend, something that RO:O fails to have.

Grenades are not nuclear devices that decide entire battles and are sometimes the only weapon used.

I agree 100% about the deployed machine guns which are not on "forced iron sights". RO could use that along with the longer ammo belt for the MG42.

I don't care that much about death messages, they may not be on by default in INS, but a lot of servers have implented them already.

Grenades are supposed to be deadly, in most games including INS, they don't do **** and they have the damage radius of a single firecracker. At least in RO if you toss a grenade in a room where the enemy is, you get the kill. I don't even bother to use the grenades in INS anymore.

Upvote 0
Am I the only person here who hates HL2 and finds it downright irritating? It's amix of puzzle solving in FPS and "throw-a-bazillion-incredibly-stupid-enemies" at the moment's notice and call it fun?

IMO that kind of FPS design was old when Doom 2 was released, and certainly by the time original HL, the apogee of 2nd generation single player FPS games was done. 5-6 years later it was just plain irritating. Few things puzzled me in the history of FPS games as HL2's success.

I attribute it to sheep mentality "everyone said HL was excellent so HL2 with all this hype being built thru the decades must be too".

Just thought it would be fun to switch the thread from INS-bashing to some good ole HL2 bashing LOL

As for other games - I think CSS is bloody brilliant product, simple, and to a point. RO is brilliant as well. INS is just too bad at the moment (but still the better reason to buy HL2 than HL2 itself rofl)

HL2 is a great sci-fi single player FPS. It has good graphics, sounds and an amazing atmosphere. The physic engine that allows you to move nearly everything around is fun too. The gameplay is quite varied for an FPS, you have urban areas, vehicles, sewers, caves, large open areas (the coastline), the prison, the freaky "zombie" level filled with gore and fun killing devices. It never gets repetitive unlike so many others FPS I played.

The only thing I don't like about HL2 is the ****ty fire cones on the smg and pulse rifle.

I don't understand why anyone could hate HL2 so much. Which single player FPS do you like?

Upvote 0