• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Il-2 thread

Wrong, overload in objects causes a drop n FPS which seems like lag when you see it. Did you know you can throw off a guy's aim if you press printscrn during a dogfight.

you agree with me yet say i am wrong?

anyways thats the oldest cheat ever... thats why you can only take screenshots every 2-3 seconds because of people abusing it in the original il2

I16%20pass%205500m.jpg

The Stabsschwarm of JG51 met six I-16 at 5500m altitude

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh my God!! Will everyone shut up about Spit Vb vs. BF109E4 matchings!!! THE GAME DOES NOT HAVE THE SPITFIRE MK.1 OR MK.2 THEREFORE I CANNOT HAVE, IN MY COOPS, OR SINGLE MISSIONS, MK.1 SPITFIRES AGAINST BF109E4'S - JUST ACCEPT IT UNTIL SOW:BOB COMES OUT!!
I will NOT use BF109 F's or G's because they look rubbish.
I hate people that do that - They make me sound like the idiot, as if I am the one that doesnt know the history of the Battle of Britain.

Upvote 0
Oh my God!! Will everyone shut up about Spit Vb vs. BF109E4 matchings!!! THE GAME DOES NOT HAVE THE SPITFIRE MK.1 OR MK.2 THEREFORE I CANNOT HAVE, IN MY COOPS, OR SINGLE MISSIONS, MK.1 SPITFIRES AGAINST BF109E4'S - JUST ACCEPT IT UNTIL SOW:BOB COMES OUT!!
I will NOT use BF109 F's or G's because they look rubbish.
I hate people that do that - They make me sound like the idiot, as if I am the one that doesnt know the history of the Battle of Britain.
Yup, theres a big elliptical wing with no pointy bits hole, missing in il2, huzzah for SOW.

Upvote 0
First, imperator, NO, I'm contradicting you, low FPS seems like lag, but is not, and in singleplayer it is caused by too many objects, while lag on the internet is both low FPS and bad connection! the two are usually differentiated for when you low FPS, gameplay at the usual rate, only stuttering and obviously losing frames, while lag is when the game freezes or players warp, which happened to me, alot on the mock up BoB coop. I don't believe I have to explain this to you as if you were a 6-year old!

Second, a-tree, what the hell does that even mean? Elliptical whadda-whadda? Elaborate!

And third, the Emil is ugly, the Franz and early Gustavs are beautiful!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Lag is and always has been simply issues to do with connection, high latency and packet loss. It may show symptoms in the form of the screen seeming to freeze or animations playing jerkily, but it is not low FPS.

Low FPS is just your pc being overloaded and overworked.

They may appear to have very similar symptoms in certain circumstances but lag has nothing to do with FPS performance, it is entirely to do with the connection between you and the server and the other clients.

And now back on topic.... Nice pics bob, however what you didn't mention is how the debris you flew through caused serious aileron damage, or that the FW190 in the background with nav lights on was me, and I safely took out the wingman from a good range and didn't get a scratch, even if I may have used more bullets

Upvote 0
Well, there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for that. First, some guy called malleus was trying to steal my kill and I was out of ammo and they guy was about to crash, so I had to. I HAD to. The other ram was cause by SEVERE lag, I didn't even see the guy.

As for only two in 15 sorties, I was getting a lot of lag from McAfee and was flying a ki-43 most of the day. Also, still getting used to locked pit.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
First McAfee had alerts enabled and that even just being in the background caused severe lag (I asked if anybody else had this and nobody did), then I saw the little box that was causing so many problems. It must have been at least 9-10 sorties (taking off from carriers, lag, promptly crashing). Anyway I turned of alerts so that won't be bothering me anymore.

Yeah, imp, should have made the connection, but didn't cause I wasn't paying attention. Really I don't know you as Imp or Imperator so I don't pay much attention when I see you in IL2 or even RO. To me you're jsut the guy with the blue and white signature.

Yeah, quite the awesome fella who can't even fight back. Over an airfield my ***.

Upvote 0