• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Il-2 thread

There you are imp.

I only rammed once as a bomber interceptor and it was because I was out of ammo. It was only a TB-3 anyway. I did 'something' like a ram, I cut a TB-3's wing off with a Zero and survived, but it wasn't really a ram. Also, ramming is hard as hell to do.Going to slow? You'll die fast because of teh gunenrs and if you do hit the thing you won't do any damage 'cuz of the rear collision bug which always makes planes who spawn in front of you on carriers lose points since they didn't die too. The B-29 gunners are too smart and it goes too fast. Good thing they suck at climb.

Also regarding servers, come over to rcaf_fb someday (it flies with noob view enabled, I haven't found a nice server get-in-the-action-quick servers that have both the FwA-9 all the time and have cockpit always on), since I don't fly on the Big Top and the 334th dedicated anymore because they b& me for excercising my First Amendment rights. I'm not sure if the UK dedicated did the same but they did kick me once and I never checked back since then. The noob view get-in-the-action-quick servers are basically just target practice for, sometimes I fly on Zeke vs Wildcat for some hardcore action. But then my not-so-great aim tells me I need to practicd getting planes in the engines more often.

Ugh, imp, your sig says Luftwaffle.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
We should maybe try and organise a regular thing where guys from the comunity can just drop in, perhaps training sessions where those with more experience can give pointers.

I know I've had to work hard these last few days to pick it up, but when playing online with friends you learn fast. That was my second online session, the first was spent learning how to take off all over again with pointers from the others and just randomly flying around.

But don't let inexperience put you off, before the mission in that video I managed to stall on takeoff on the first sortie, and then the 2nd I hit nothing and managed my first sucessful landing, that on the 3rd I sucessfully divebombed a bridge and made it home to land on 1 wheel shows just how quickly you learn in the circumstances.

Upvote 0
The more you die and the more time you spend flying the better you get at flying since you're not focusing on fighting. I noticed I could keep my plane level like when an AI plane flies, and I improved my climbing abilities so my A-9 can sometimes out climb a Mustang.

Also, I not like the Stuka. I've tried that single mission where you bomb the Marat but I always get hit by flak since it's so effin slow!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I had a successful bombing mission once, back in 2.04, I destroyed an airfield with one guy in it and got halfway back. Then some Zero ambushed me and I got his engine but his last bullet hit me in the face so both kills went down the drain.

I also prefer Jabo bombing over anything else since it's the easiest but it's a pain in the *** no matter what on the noob servers (dyou check out that 4.08 server? Full of La-7's and NO D-9, impossible). Best ground attack plane=Typhoon hands down. Stalls too damn easy so whenever I fly it I change my stick sensitivity.

Also, I've been wanting to fly a good American plane with .50 calibers since they do so little damage but I need to get my marksmanship up again. Couldn't hit crap yesterday and don't think I will play today. On the bright side I pwning on RO with a BNF guy and some gay guy named teletubbie. Good times, good times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0