• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How should bandaging work?

How should bandaging work?

• Instant Heal

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • A few seconds

Votes: 77 30.9%
  • 10-15 seconds

Votes: 134 53.8%
  • 30 seconds or longer

Votes: 31 12.4%
  • Faster the closer you are to the squad leader

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Other (please describe)

Votes: 6 2.4%

• Total voters
Bandaging should take about 10 seconds, with some variability.
Try tying a knot around an arm, its not that easy.
Also, they should make the time you have before bleeding to death several minutes. If you hit arteries like the femoral, or carotid ( upper leg and neck, head ) You would drop down within seconds from blood pressure drop, and bleed out within a minute. So these kind of wounds will have to make you go into slow death. Now with the bandagable archetypical flesh wounds or some of other main arteries in limbs you would have at least a minute.
I think it would be a good game balance if the fleshwounds would give you at least a minute (or more), and take at least 8 seconds to bandage. That way assaulters can just spray and pray until they get hit in something lethal if they desire to do that, and any other player using more traditional RO tactics can take his time to retreat to safe cover and treat his wound.
Also, lots of people mention this would be suicide inducing because they would rather spawn as a healthy soldier.
If you have played RO you would know that on any map thats not danzig it would take you well 10 seconds to respawn, and another 10 to get back into the battle, if not 20 or more.

As for the people who run around spraying with their smg, their average life would not be higher than 1 minute anyway, and if it is, that should provide more than enough time to bandage.

If bandaging takes only 2 seconds, its pretty pointless to have it in in the first place, and it would be better to just let people bleed out in one or 2 minutes

Upvote 0
I have done a bit of work at a hospital so I thought I would time myself tying a simple tourni one handed.

It took:
7 seconds sitting still, relaxed
8 seconds slowly walking
12 seconds running (I attribute this due to my practice)

so 8-14 seconds would seem about right for me, probably towards the long end seeing as, you know, you WERE just shot... :D

Upvote 0
i have done a bit of work at a hospital so i thought i would time myself tying a simple tourni one handed.

It took:
7 seconds sitting still, relaxed
8 seconds slowly walking
12 seconds running (i attribute this due to my practice)

so 8-14 seconds would seem about right for me, probably towards the long end seeing as, you know, you were just shot... :d

this

Upvote 0
Bandaging should take 10 seconds,
Bleeding to death should take more than 1 minute
It won't be less than 1 minute, because these kind of wounds make you drop from shock of blood pressure drop anyway ('slow death mode')
It's still better to bandage than to suicide because when you add the time you have to walk back to the battlefield to spawn time (and obviously decreasing reinforcements, you shameless dog!) its faster to bandage and get back into the fight. Especially when already in cover as a rifleman at range.

Having instabandage or only 1-2 seconds, its pointless of leaving the system in.
I don't care for relaxed realism tough.

Upvote 0
Bandaging should take at least 8 seconds.
It should make you go "Crap, I'm hit! Have to find somewhere to hide so I can stop the bleeding before they move in and finish me off."

Rather than "Meh. I'm hit. No worries, I'll just crouch in the middle of the firefight for 1.5 seconds and all better."

It should just be completely removed at the current speed I've seen in the beta videos. So pointless and arcadey.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The way it's implimented seems pointless to me, you bleed out very fast, but bandaging takes less than 2 seconds.. that just makes it an annoyance, it's allmost a Quick-Time-Event, Press X to not die.

There's no way the feature can be implimented in a truely realistic way, because then the anim should probably take upwards 10 minutes, and woulden't actually heal the damage you've taken (bandages aren't medicine, they are just bandages, they can stop bleeding but they can't mend broken bones or perforated organs), so realism is out.

But it should atleast make sense as a gameplay mechanic, or there's little point adding it, and i don't think it does currently, we've seen players do it right in the middle of CQB, because it's so fast there's a good chance you'll survive that way.

What it really ought to do is force players to retreat or stay behind their cover for a while, IE, getting wounded should have serious consequences like making your aim horrible so you are not combat effective, and bleeding out should take a little while, so you do have time to run away to somewhere safe and bandage, thus incouraging you to do so.
It should also take longer to bandage, 7 seconds perhabs, so it can't just be done in the middle of combat, you do have to fall back to safety to do it.

From what we've seen, the more detailed damage model and bandaging system has just made the guns less powerfull than in Ost, you see someone open fire on a player and hit them, but since he missed heart and lungs, the other player just turns, fires back and kills the first player with a lucky heart shot, insta-bandages and continues on his merry way as if nothing had happened.

There should be more consequence to getting shot than that, the wounded player should have to atleast fall back and fix himself up, and if he's behind cover at long distance, landing a shot on him should atleast keep his head down for a little while whilst he bandages, instead of having him pop back up after 2 seconds and return fire because bandaging is so rapid.

Reactions: Landrik
Upvote 0
Yeah, i'd say have 10 seconds of bandaging if you do it yourself, or 4 seconds if you have a friend help you. This tap of b then 2 seconds later you are good to go is going against the realism that sets this game apart.

Note: I Would have said 5 seconds but your friend can't instantly start bandaging you. this compensates him running over, although not entirely.

Upvote 0
Oh come on, if you want to truly be realistic you would have to be carried off and have a medic tend to your wounds, the only possible way bandaging would work is in an 'arcadey' way, as it is right now. Still, the fact that it is so 'arcadey' seems unfitting and I wish it were never implemented in the first place, it's mighty pointless and as mentioned a couple posts up it's almost on par with a quick time event, which are horrid.

Upvote 0