• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How should bandaging work?

How should bandaging work?

• Instant Heal

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • A few seconds

Votes: 77 30.9%
  • 10-15 seconds

Votes: 134 53.8%
  • 30 seconds or longer

Votes: 31 12.4%
  • Faster the closer you are to the squad leader

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Other (please describe)

Votes: 6 2.4%

• Total voters
Seeing the latest gameplay videos I'm more and more worried about this feature... It seems that people just bandage on the spot as it takes only a few seconds... It should at least take 5 to 10 seconds.

For example in Forgotten Hope 2 it takes a few seconds but during it your vision is blurred so it prevents you from returning fire effectively. You also can't sprint and see the minimap or the hud during bleeding and some time after it. I'm sure TW guys could come up with a better solution than the blurry screen, such as reducing your accuracy, slower movement and similar.

I feel that this feature is unfinished, just thrown there and not brought to its full potential.

Reactions: Zrix
Upvote 0
10+ may as well be dead waiting for a respawn timer, folks.

Next time you're playing Ostfront stop in the middle of the battle and find cover then count to 10.

If you live, tell me how much time 10 seconds actually felt like when you were in the thick of it.

This x1000.

Ten seconds doesn't sound like much, but it is an eternity during a firefight. If I had it my way bandaging would be non-existent, but it is already implemented, and I think it's implemented quite well. I really don't want to spend even 5 seconds bandaging, let alone 10 seconds.

Realism is nice, to an extent. 10 seconds of bandaging would simply kill the gunplay in my opinion, any longer and I would probably just let myself bleed out and respawn. I don't care if it takes Real Life Soldier 30 seconds to bandage his wound, while it's realistic it does not necessarily mean it's FUN, a very important factor in video games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would like no instant bandaging.

You should be unable to use your weapon while bandaging (interruptable in case enemies surprise you)

There should be an animation showing u bandaging (like in FarCry2, except not so over the top with pulling out bullet with pliers crap). Just a basic bandaging of wound or applying a pressure dressing animation.

You should be helpless and to enemy attack for the several seconds (5 or more) while your lying on ground and bandaging.

Upvote 0
I haven't liked the bandage idea since I first discovered it, of course Soldiers would probably carry basic first aid kits, containing bandages and the like - but if you're hit in the stomach by a rifle round, or an artery by any round, you know, these injuries cannot be treated by a simple basic first aid kit - you'd need at least someone medically trained, a bit more in his first aid arsenal, like, a medic?

Upvote 0
Oh yeah, cause everyone knows medics run around the battlefield doing minor surgery and then returning troops to fighting fit, all under fire!

No. Relaxed servers should be the current bandaging time, while realism servers should be in the 3-5 second range. Anything beyond that is really missing the intended gameplay of RO. I'm all for a super-hardcore-realism-mod with medics and leg wounds forcing you to crawl and needing to take a hydration break every hour, but the current game just isn't made for that.

Upvote 0
I'd prefer the removal of bandaging and slow death to tell you the truth, but if it has to be in there, at least try and make it more interesting and have it impact gameplay more than just pressing a button to not die.

How about a support squad? Ammo carriers for bazookas, MG's, sappers etc. and also medics, not to bandage people, but to carry wounded soldiers to cover and applying first aid to them?

I don't mean they should be back in the fight, instead if a player gets, for example, shot in the gut, they die, but the "corpse" of the player is still there, bleeding out. Now if a medic would patch him up, so to speak, they would get that lost reinforcement point back.

I think that would add a lot more to the game than the arcade like bandage mechanic that's in place now. Another style of gameplay, another high value target for the enemy, people would be calling out for medics and covering them and so on.

Upvote 0