• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How should bandaging work?

How should bandaging work?

• Instant Heal

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • A few seconds

Votes: 77 30.9%
  • 10-15 seconds

Votes: 134 53.8%
  • 30 seconds or longer

Votes: 31 12.4%
  • Faster the closer you are to the squad leader

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Other (please describe)

Votes: 6 2.4%

• Total voters
An arm shot can be quite lethal assuming it was created by a full power rifle cartridge.

10+ is the minimum if you are going to be at all realistic about it.

Well if they go that route 10+ seconds then they gonna have to make some awesome bandaging yourself animation...and in CQC i dont see how this bandaging would do you any good if it takes 10+ sec,someone will run by you and finish you off while you are bandaging your self.

So bandaging yourself would be logically to do in a distant combat situations.

Upvote 0
Yeah I'm torn on this one as well. I agree with you Knighted. It would be nice to play the game first and see how it plays out first. Three full 1000-one, 2000 two 3000 three, seems fine as well. IDK. :confused: lol

It should only take about 2-3 seconds or just about instant(you have to take out the bandages and click to use) if you ask me, no need to kill the intensity of the game. Anything over 8 seconds is just retarded. Might as well call it Heroes of Sleepygrad

Upvote 0
Dont forget guys that if bandaging takes too long (more than 10 seconds) many players will just suicide themself to respawn.
Suiciding and respawning will take also ~10 seconds - BUT you spawn with a new, unharmed soldier!
(who has no "hadicaps" from his injuries)

about the animation: you dont have to see exactly what part of the body you bandage yourself.
It would be totally enough if you just see your hands using the bandage.
It worked the same way on a UT99 mod called "the third Reich".
(this was a realism WW2 shooter like RO, but set in the Westfront)

Upvote 0
Dont forget guys that if bandaging takes too long (more than 10 seconds) many players will just suicide themself to respawn.
Suiciding and respawning will take also ~10 seconds - BUT you spawn with a new, unharmed soldier!
(who has no "hadicaps" from his injuries)

about the animation: you dont have to see exactly what part of the body you bandage yourself.
It would be totally enough if you just see your hands using the bandage.
It worked the same way on a UT99 mod called "the third Reich".
(this was a realism WW2 shooter like RO, but set in the Westfront)

Bandaging certainly shouldn't take too long! Countdown is a single life gametype though, so most people wouldn't suicide ;)

Upvote 0
10-15 seconds. Think, first you got to get to cover, then you have to put your gun away grab a bandage and then put it on. I'm not sure if you physically can put it on in 2 or 3 seconds.

Seeing the latest vids and how bandaging works, I'm not too impressed. Quite often I saw people taking 2 hits from bolts, much more often than happens in Ostfront, or up to 7 or 8 hits from smgs. Infact, if you get hit twice, you will have to bandage twice.

Stop and think. In any historical account, documentary, or war film, have you heard or seen a guy getting shot and then bandaging straight away? It's not that implausible, it's just it would take longer than in HoS and any shot from a bolt should be enough to incapacitate you.

I may have went off track there.

Upvote 0
In order for bandaging to take 10+ seconds and still be of practical use (as opposed to dying) would be for surviving while bandaged to increase your "rank" or whatever. That way, as stupid as it is, people would have an incentive to bandage and keep fighting in order to increase their rank (ugh).

Alternatively, we could ignore the realism argument by renaming "bandaging" to "regaining your composure" or something of the sort...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Over 10 seconds but under 20. A lethal wound, such as a shot to the heart, takes between 7 to 10 seconds to bleed from. Non-lethal bleeding wounds can range anywhere between minutes to hours.

I hope that is just lag, because I would imagine being shot by 7.62x54R or 7.92x57 twice would put you out of action, even if you lived. Even if shot in the legs. :p
Almost all of the time one shot from those calibers is enough to put you down even if it hits your arm or shin. But that does not mean it kills immediately, and the game will most likely treat the "Incapacitate -> bleed out" shots as instant death and the "Incapacitate -> survive" shots as complete failure to incapacitate, and instead enable bandaging. It's a game after all, and looking at it that would make sense. Most people don't want to run around a game with dying men screaming in horrible agony left and right, and then when they themselves get hit, be stuck on the ground unable to play for a few minutes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Almost all of the time one shot from those calibers is enough to put you down even if it hits your arm or shin... It's a game after all, and looking at it that would make sense. Most people don't want to run around a game with dying men screaming in horrible agony left and right, and then when they themselves get hit, be stuck on the ground unable to play for a few minutes.

Exactly why I am a bit worried about the damage modeling and why I opposed bandaging in the first place (and still do). If you have taken minor damage, decrease running speed, increase weapon sway, and do some other minor things to show that you have been injured. I don't care for bandages because it takes too quick and gimmicky. The pace of the game is very fast anyways, so there is not much of a point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tank!
Upvote 0
This does make sense. I'm sure in real life it would take some time to bandage someone, but considering the wait to respawn time, the time to run to the battle and then the time to bandage oneself, that could result in alot of downtime for players.

I will now say no more than 10 seconds. That would be noticable and result in a little down time without being something really quick and gamey.

Perhaps it could go a little quicker with the help of a teammate and that would also encourage (not force) teamplay.

In countdown over 10 sec might be ok.
In other modes 7 would be perfect (respawn is otherwise faster).

Also, the non-lethal-but-out-of-combat hits are treated as 'combat ineffective' and thus as a Kill.
The rest is slow bleedout or not severe enough and bandagable:cool:

Upvote 0
10-15 sec?
Seriously?

Written on a paper, it does not sound Much, but when you have to wait 10seconds in a game, it becomes really, but REALLY ANNOYING !
And bandaging every time you get shot may become annoying too. Esp when you are away from cover. I mean, you can't lose that much blood in a few seconds. My point being, it would take more than lets say 2 seconds to bleed out.

Reactions: billyboy
Upvote 0