• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Homefront

I love how the commentators sound so SRS BUSINESS and make their game sound so dramatic in those dev walkthroughs, do you think they can do it with a straight face? "The resistance heroicly fighting back but some people believe it's futile, baby crying in the middle of a firefight, get mother to safety, random dude on the street paying the ultimate price, you don't have the best guns, emotional attachment... 'Murka!". While at the same time showing a game that is essentially a CoD clone in which you play a supersoldier (sorry - an Average Joe) mowing down hundreds of braindead enemies with ease and deflecting hundreds of bullets.

Oh, please. This game is the biggest joke since Dragon Rising.

If you want to use invaded America as a setting, at least do it right. Like a freeroaming gameplay like STALKER and gun mechanics similar to RO's, without any drama BS. Wouldn't that be much more interesting and realistic?

Those videos are laughable. Stupid game, stupid developers. ZERO creativity. Thank goodness for TWI.

Upvote 0
Last year, the promise on narrative, a different take on war, getting to shoot north koreans, and a worthy PC version, had me quite excited.

But that gameplay video was so much worse than the last, i don't even know what to say. I really wanted to believe this could have been something .... anything, but now ....

I mean, the melee, crosshair, animations, blood, slow-mo, and what-not, just made me lose hope even more.

Upvote 0
2dtrhu8.jpg

The ammount of needless junk thrown at your screen is staggering. From kill messages, mini map, XP rewards, team mate names, objective markers (in case you get lost
skukqe.gif
), gun load outs, killstreaks and weapon pick ups. Modern games are throwing too much junk and noise at the screen to hide bad gameplay.

When I first read the early news for Homefront I was interested, now having seen the videos I'm totally deflated, so well done to the Homefront PR team
skukqe.gif

Reactions: Apos and Uurastaja
Upvote 0