• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Homefront

I don't get what the problem is with the Ostfront collision (or Unreal Engine in general). Bullets don't collide with the collision model, projectiles only collide with geometry aka your cover. There are no invisible boxes that block your shots!

The first release of Darkest Hour had no collision models on their custom meshes, performance was horrific.

If you type rmode 5 (or some other random number between 0 and 9, don't remember) in the console the collision models become visible in game.

Upvote 0
I don't get what the problem is with the Ostfront collision (or Unreal Engine in general). Bullets don't collide with the collision model, projectiles only collide with geometry aka your cover. There are no invisible boxes that block your shots!

The first release of Darkest Hour had no collision models on their custom meshes, performance was horrific.

If you type rmode 5 (or some other random number between 0 and 9, don't remember) in the console the collision models become visible in game.

That's UE 2.5, which makes very limited use of Collision meshes, it's only needed for complex static meshes, not all the BSP based architecture (and not even for really basic static meshes either).

UE3 games make much more use of higer detail static meshes, and usually very little BSP, so there's more potential for screwing things up there.

Do note that i said "potential" though, because it does not have to be a problem at all, if you just make and scale the collision meshes propperly, then there's no problem, and it works just fine, exactly like it should.
But if you screw it up, and use Col-meshes that are poorly shaped or poorly scaled, then yes, you're gonna get problems.

Upvote 0