• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hit detection blows

Everyone,

There was a bug with custom ironsight zoom settings (which could be customized in the settings menu) that was causing the aim to be WAY off when using ironsights. This issue has been fixed for the update releasing today. This bug would definitely cause people to miss if they were using these settings, even at close range.

Hey Ramm, since the patch I've had the same problem come up a couple times, though it might be being caused by something else. Every time it's happened it's been when my gun was resting on something, so that might be factoring in.

Upvote 0
I aint having an issue either, And the 39 guys i played with yesterday dident have it either :rolleyes:

It only happens in certain scenarios, and from what people are posting here, it may happen in different scenarios for different people. For me, hipfiring a PPSH makes the rounds simply disappear into thin air, at least it seems so in close range. I've actually gotten some amazing kills from the hip. Probably up to 15 meters, which is pretty far from the hip, but start using that in close range when targets are moving fast, and especially if your moving to. You can, and I often do, empty entire mags without hitting them a single time.

Upvote 0
After the update my hit-detection has gone to the ****ters.
I often spray like a madman, and not a single bullet impacts the target (or anything around him for that matter). I also have a problem where especially the MP40 when being fired by others, seems to fire at 1 second intervalls with the sound and muzzleflash acting accordingly weird.

Is this due to crappy internetconnection (Im getting an upgrade to 40/10 in 2 weeks) or is it the update that messes with me?

All of these problems have occured AFTER updating -.-

Upvote 0
After the update my hit-detection has gone to the ****ters.
I often spray like a madman, and not a single bullet impacts the target (or anything around him for that matter). I also have a problem where especially the MP40 when being fired by others, seems to fire at 1 second intervalls with the sound and muzzleflash acting accordingly weird.

Is this due to crappy internetconnection (Im getting an upgrade to 40/10 in 2 weeks) or is it the update that messes with me?

All of these problems have occured AFTER updating -.-

The update seemed to make the game a little more laggy. I think your problem is different than ours, ours happens even with great connection. Try lowering your video settings if your fps is low, and check your ping.

Upvote 0
When someone runs at me from 5m away and I empty my PPSH into him and he just bats me in the face with his pistol and I die, there's a problem with hit detection. The problem seems to only occur at close ranges.

I've also witnessed in spectate someone with a semi auto creep up behind another player and shoot 4 times into his back and only the first and last shots actually damaged him. It definitely is a problem and does exist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When someone runs at me from 5m away and I empty my PPSH into him and he just bats me in the face with his pistol and I die, there's a problem with hit detection. The problem seems to only occur at close ranges.

I've also witnessed in spectate someone with a semi auto creep up behind another player and shoot 4 times into his back and only the first and last shots actually damaged him. It definitely is a problem and does exist.

Hah, less than 20 minutes ago I was defending the cafeteria on Barracks with my pistol. I put 4 bullets in to the first German I saw. All four put bullet holes and blood splatter on the wall behind him. He calmly turned, looked at me, and fired.

Hit detection is borked.

Upvote 0
I too have noticed problems with hit detection with both automatic and bolt action weapons at close rage. I've shot a guy two or three times with the bolt action rifle and he was able to kill me and run away.

What I noticed about this was that the hits were being detected because I saw blood spray effect...however I don't think it's registering the damage taken by the player from the shot.

Upvote 0
I too have noticed problems with hit detection with both automatic and bolt action weapons at close rage. I've shot a guy two or three times with the bolt action rifle and he was able to kill me and run away.

What I noticed about this was that the hits were being detected because I saw blood spray effect...however I don't think it's registering the damage taken by the player from the shot.

It seems people are having both types of problems. For me I don't see any blood, every bullet magically misses from a meter away, for others, blood spray everywhere, but no damage taken.

These problems get really ridiculous when they happen to two people, so they are just circling each other spraying all their ammo, and not a single shot hits.

Upvote 0
The bad hit detection seems to happen only in close range when targets are moving quickly.
Not true. I notice the most glaring hit detection issues when enemies are stationary. Countless times I have come upon an enemy unaware of my presence, and I fired many rounds into them without any of them registering. In these cases, I have the time to make sure my shots are right on target , and yet many times nothing happens. In these cases, the enemy player is almost ALWAYS standing still.

Upvote 0
There definitely are issues with hit detection, and it does seem worse at close range, eventhough I've experienced issues at long range as-well, where my crosshair is definitely straight on someone, and yet, despite the target not moving, my hit doesn't register. At first I thought it was a fluke, but it has happened a lot since, so I know it's a problem within the game.

Interestingly I've experienced very little of this since I started turning off my Anti Virus program everytime I run the game, including being able to see a lot more servers on the server browser. So this might be fix for many people having issues atm, since we haven't been told what files / folders to put on the "Allow list" in our AS programs, or what ports need forwarding for optimum MP performance.

Upvote 0