• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hit detection blows

Besides the normal net latency issues we all get from time to time...

I find that hitting my target works wonders for bullet detection.

Don't be a smartass. We ARE hitting our targets. If you read the thread you would know that several people are putting multiple rounds through ironsights into a stationary target, blood decals and all, and the target just isn't dying.

I'll spray a target with a PPSh, blood will fly everywhere, and he'll calmly look at me and shoot me in the damn face.

That's how we know it's a hit detection issues. We can SEE the bullets hitting them, or there is no way that we missed (i.e. from point blank against a stationary, unaware target).

It has happened multiple, multiple times with me.

Not true. I notice the most glaring hit detection issues when enemies are stationary. Countless times I have come upon an enemy unaware of my presence, and I fired many rounds into them without any of them registering. In these cases, I have the time to make sure my shots are right on target , and yet many times nothing happens. In these cases, the enemy player is almost ALWAYS standing still.

Aye, as I said, the reason I'm positive it's hit detection is because I KNOW I hit them. They were stationary, unaware, and I had time to line up (sometimes several) shots, but none of them register. Sometimes they do register, and blood and bulletholes appear, but they fail to do any damage to my opponent.

Really a very frustrating bug.

Upvote 0
Our guys have been noticing this too. I know today I came up behind an unsuspecting player, aimed in and shot 3 rounds from my k98. Dust kicked behind his body and he just turned around and shot me dead. Also, semi auto MG34'd a player whos head was stuck up. Dust kicked up behind his head about 9-10 times before I just gave up. It may have to do with people resting their weapon. What you see and where they are actually positioned could be slight off?

Sometimes I'll see characters sprinting and their left arm is inside their body like they have a nub. Perhaps the hit boxes are flexing in weird shapes that we can't see as well?

Upvote 0
Just this match I ran up a staircase to find an afk guy crouched in the corner, unloaded my mp40 clip and around my last 2 shots he turned and hit me twice with a pistol...

And its impossible to hit moving targets for the most part, this is terrible because people are starting to move side to side while you firefight because they know they wont get hit :( turning into COD drop shots and quickscopes =\

Upvote 0
THe hit detection in this game is one of the best I have ever seen. Just to add that to this thread :p.

People that say there is a problem must
-fix their internets, or
-fix their computer
-then stop talking about hit boxes being bad because it is not true.

Only occasionally you shoot someone and it doesn't register. THis is NOT TWI's fault. It is inherent to online gaming which has and always will have a degree of lag.

So please, stop talking about it ppl. You are wrong.

Upvote 0
yes.. i use the MP40 all the time and i have MASSIVE and i mean INSANE ammounts of bullets not registering when i shoot more any more than 1-2 shots at a time. if i hold the mouse button down and spray 3-5 rounds into a guy only the last one or two shots seem to register... and that sucks because half the time that gives the enemy just enough time to turn around and kill me first... even though i had 3-4 shots into his back already.. its complete bull**** and needs to be fixed.

TWI, PLEASE work on hit detection for the next patch.

PLEASE, i beg ye!

Upvote 0
Those that say there isn't a problem are one of two people

1) Uneducated in how games work
2) Arn't the type of people that get in the top 10 when it comes to kills.

-

I've recorded the game because I was certain it wasn't me. I wanted to be able to look back on the shots I've taken and see if it was my aim that was off. But nope. I also found out that the static MG's is bugged because when the enemy get on it they might become invisible. I was told this was blindfire but there isn't even a hand on the machine gun and for them to move the gun pointing at me, fire for a short period of time just enough to kill me and then stop...is suspicious. Rather than claim cheater I'd say it's more than likely the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0