• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Harchier Spebbington will be UNLOCKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you do think that you are some kind of choosen one who "deserved" this "freebie" and that this skin make you "cool", don't you? Just checking :rolleyes:
I don't see myself as high ulmighty but knowing that TWI have seen who is on these forums quite frequently etc, that makes a difference.

You do realise the skin is right there at the top of the character select screen, right? I'm sure everyone who owns a copy of the game and isn't blind knows it exists.

If Tripwire had only made the skin visible to people who have him unlocked instead of a silly "this character is no longer available" very few players would probably know it existed and even then they probably wouldn't care.
Most people can't read ever so what is the chance of them seeing a small square that is not unlocked?

Upvote 0
So, you do think that you are some kind of choosen one who "deserved" this "freebie" and that this skin make you "cool", don't you? Just checking :rolleyes:

Maybe Tripwire will decide to unlock Harchier Spebbington only for those who realy want it, for example for our group, maybe, who knows? We just want to show how strong our wish is.

See, Moxie knows he deserves it and not you. He says so all the time. But then again he does change his mind based on what best suites him.

Upvote 0
How about TWI make a client-side mod of HS that replaces some $5 DLC character? Then HS will come at a $5 price (possibly generate more revenue for TWI) requiring those who want HS to still pay for it. HS will not actually be released--those who want HS can own/see it; to everyone else, players using the client-side HS won't look like they're using it. And we can even swap out the gun HS usually has on his back for a Lever-Action Rifle or something so there will be a key distinction between those who bought and those who didn't buy The Ball for prerelease.

If those who want HS are unsatisfied b/c they want HS in his entirety, complete with the Ball's main gun, then they're just going to have to deal with it--HS is still HS.

For those who are concerned with the integrity of TWI's keeping with their word: this will be client-side, so players will not actually have HS (if you don't download the client-side mod, these players will run around as some other $5 character), and even then, will have an aesthetic change from the original (swap The Ball gun for a Lever-Action Rifle or something) to differentiate between those who preordered The Ball and those who did not.

Upvote 0
See, Moxie knows he deserves it and not you. He says so all the time. But then again he does change his mind based on what best suites him.

Funny thing is, TW is NEVER going to release HS again. Creating a group and getting tons of supporters is not going to get TW to go back on their promise, so I don't see how Moxie is "deserving" of HS. Can't you guys just accept that HS will be forever locked and just deal with it?

Upvote 0
Funny thing is, TW is NEVER going to release HS again. Creating a group and getting tons of supporters is not going to get TW to go back on their promise, so I don't see how Moxie is "deserving" of HS. Can't you guys just accept that HS will be forever locked and just deal with it?

Nope.
We like the things that are hards to reach, furthermore, obtaining all that we want without any fight...where's the fun? :D

Upvote 0

Most of us can but if I implied anything about those that can't accept/ deal with it, that'd probably be an infraction. :[

For those who are concerned with the integrity of TWI's keeping with their word: this will be client-side, so players will not actually have HS (if you don't download the client-side mod, these players will run around as some other $5 character), and even then, will have an aesthetic change from the original (swap The Ball gun for a Lever-Action Rifle or something) to differentiate between those who preordered The Ball and those who did not.

How is that any different than any of the numerous character replacements modders have uploaded to the steam workshop to replace the already free characters? It's not going as far as Teraku's exhortation for people to play on custom servers so they didn't need to buy the community weapon pack dlc, but I'm actually surprised no one has done something like this already. Not that it matters since it'd be a client-side replacement. No one else would see you playing as Harchier, so it loses that "omg look at meeeeeee!!" factor. xD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How is that any different than any of the numerous character replacements modders have uploaded to the steam workshop to replace the already free characters?

It wouldn't be, except it'd come with a $5 price tag instead of it being free and it would be a character replacement of a once exclusive character (HS) to (hopefully) satisfy the wants of those who want HS and make these threads all the time.

Not that it matters since it'd be a client-side replacement. No one else would see you playing as Harchier, so it loses that "omg look at meeeeeee!!" factor. xD

That's the point. With character skins, the player equipping the skin cannot see it themselves but the players around them can; however with a client-side mod, even the players around them cannot see it unless they opt to replace the $5 character with HS by downloading the client-side mod. And even if they did, there would be a major aesthetic change (swapping out The Ball gun on HS' back for a plain Lever-Action Rifle or something of the sort) to distinctly differentiate between those who pre-ordered The Ball and those who did not.

Upvote 0
That's the point. With character skins, the player equipping the skin cannot see it themselves but the players around them can; however with a client-side mod, even the players around them cannot see it unless they opt to replace the $5 character with HS by downloading the client-side mod. And even if they did, there would be a major aesthetic change (swapping out The Ball gun on HS' back for a plain Lever-Action Rifle or something of the sort) to distinctly differentiate between those who pre-ordered The Ball and those who did not.

This argument, along with a few others, seems like the whole point of these constant clamors for the HS char is less about getting the skin and more about being able to claim victory in getting TWI to break their promise. Some of these suggestions are getting more and more tortured in their reasoning.

TWI made a promise.
Every few months it seems the same people ask them to break that promise. Those people claim that TWI breaking their promise would bring in more money, bring in more players, would be the "right thing to do", would be "fair", would be "spreading the wealth" (my personal favorite "reasoning"), and so on and on and on.

TWI has said they will keep their word. Repeatedly. I believe them.

Upvote 0
This argument, along with a few others, seems like the whole point of these constant clamors for the HS char is less about getting the skin and more about being able to claim victory in getting TWI to break their promise. Some of these suggestions are getting more and more tortured in their reasoning.

TWI made a promise.
Every few months it seems the same people ask them to break that promise. Those people claim that TWI breaking their promise would bring in more money, bring in more players, would be the "right thing to do", would be "fair", would be "spreading the wealth" (my personal favorite "reasoning"), and so on and on and on.

First off, it was a "suggestion", not an argument. It was an attempt to remain neutral while offering a compromising solution. Besides, TWI doesn't necessarily have to make this client-side mod; another community modder could simply make a client-side character replacement (even possibly replacing a free character), put it up on workshop, and the same would be achieved without TWI breaking their promise. Seeing that you're most concerned with TWI's integrity, would that be fine then?

Personally, I don't care whether HS gets released or not. I don't have the character myself, but since I only really play solo, I don't really care (nobody's going to see the skin I'm using so does it matter?). Seeing how people take great offense to basically everything here and considering how I don't really care for how this boils down, I see no point in making further attempts at mediating this dispute.

Carry on debating. Sorry for having interrupted everybody.

Upvote 0
It's about owing the actual character, it's a collectors/completion thing. The textures are in the game already, All you need to do is delete an old one and rename it to that one if you just want an solo/client side HS in your game. It's basically what the Touhous packs do. Frankly with the client mod someone could for giggles replace every character model with the HS so no one has a choice to but be him.

It's not about a promise, cause frankly most of the people barely even know his name or where he's from let alone know it was a pre-order bonus for buying another game back in 2010, and the rest for it don't care what tripwire promised, it was a long time ago before a lot of them knew what it was.

It's purpose was to support both games and help tripwire with sales, so why not become available to do it again? the funny thing is I only think one person said they owned the skin but like half the posters in this topic? I mean using the logic of the people against rereleasing the skin, they had a chance to buy it and support TWI and they didn't, and if their against it and it gets rereleased they obviously won't buy it and further not support it, so who cares what their opinion is? That's a backwards business model when you care more about non customers then potential ones.

Hey if we really want to turn HS into some super elitist skin, how about petition TWI to change the comment on his picture from " No longer available" to "To bad, you should of pre-orderd "The Ball" back in 2010 you noob" I'm sure it would stroke the ego of the people who have it more.

Stop looking at the negatives? and look at the positives outcomes of this. You get a lot of people, putting a lot of money into TWI and The Killing Floor for something that would be zero cost other then selling fees if there are any? And also would be under heavy pressure to put that money back into the Killing floor. You guys want them to spend money to make new weapons or new characters or hold new events, fix hitbox and keep supporting the game, well guess who would have got a whole lot more money? What are they losings? people not believing exclusive means exclusive? ya cause all the time 3 years down the road 1000 people are going to get together and ask for it over months time. Sure that's worth the wait, hopefully they'll learn single time exclusives suck and never do it again ;)

Ya but our group of over 600 people now are about getting the skin truly available again, either at a price, in an event or whatever. Not about a bunch of "Drama" people are making up about the skin. We're just showing that there is an real big interest in this specific skin and seeing it become obtainable again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's a backwards business model when you care more about non customers then potential ones.

But it's not about people who play Killing Floor or its devs, it's about people who pre-ordered The Ball and The Ball's devs. What is the point of pre-ordering a game? There is none. It's not like a game doesn't get released if it doesn't get enough pre-orders, and you don't really lose much if you wait until release or until you see some reviews. So TWI (as publishers) gave us a very common deal: "To those who pre-order the game, here's a small bonus as a thank you." That's your motivation for pre-ordering on good faith, because you don't know if it's going to be a good game or if you're going to hate it.

What if someone pre-ordered The Ball on good faith and hated it? Now the skin he got as compensation is available to everyone and he's left with having had a skin for a few years in advance... great </sarcasm>. At least let those people keep their exclusivity.

So no, neither your OCD, nor mine, nor TWI's wallet (which considering the sales figures they gave us already is likely fine) is worth taking advantage of those people's good faith.

Disclaimer: I don't have Harchier Spebbington.

Upvote 0
You guys have been whining about getting this character for years, now.. It's simple. It was a Pre-order bonus for those who had faith in The Ball as a game. If you did not Pre-order The Ball, you don't get the character. That shouldn't change just because you "Want it really bad more than anyone else".. I didn't get the character, and yes it used to bug me a little that there was a character in my screen that I couldn't access, but I decided to get over it. It's just a visual modification, it doesn't add anything of value to you as a gamer or to your gameplay experience. What you guys want is a character that you can flaunt in other people's faces. That is all. You can't flaunt it in your own face, so you shouldn't even care. Also, did you think that by the time it becomes available for everyone, suddenly everyone would pick that character? I don't want to be in a game with five of these characters trotting around, and people being too self-absorbed and wanting to show how "fancy" they are in their new skin, that they get eaten by Clots. That sounds like a horrible game.

You didn't Pre-order The Ball.
You don't get the Pre-order incentive.

/Argument
/Thread.

Upvote 0
if they could sell ash as dlc, they could do same with this one :p

(dont hate me because i said that, but that's easiest way for devs to get some money)

No that's what the average player and now most common players after years thinks. It's just on internet forums People think you need a History lesson, Time machine, and a blood sacrifice to even deserve to say you want something. The player base has changed, hell even every other purchase this game and get this skin changed ((ash, RO2 guys, pyros)) The later two people did pay for before TF became free and the RO2 guys were able to be bought in a digital deluxe version. Times Change.

Upvote 0
ChronoLogic
Very interesting idea! As for me I prefer that HS will become as a DLC, or just free gift to all active KF players.

nejcooo
Hey buddy! We lilke your comment! Don't worry about haters, I already made a message for them in my very 1st post =)

Wycked
Hello new guy, of course you didn't read previous posts, that is so sad.
If you will do this you will realise that your very strong arguments have been already used by someone other. And btw, read the 1st post, some part of it was made specially for guys like you.

Skull
Maybe it's time to invent some new arguments and don't repeating old ones?
Your opinion is very important for TWI for sure, so I hope sometime later you will allow TWI to release HS as a DLC.

FluX
Yes I already understand how is heavy your opinion is on this forum, just look at your signature picture - like it's says, look at me guys, I am in charge here, my nickname is big and scary! Just kidding, no offence)

Thank you guys for paying attention to our initiative, but I prefer more positive comments, don't forget to show some respect to each other, because sometimes your negative efforts just making me laugh, really, so I am sorry for sarcasm in my current post)
700 - we are comming! Our group like a tank! Hehe)
:IS2:

Upvote 0
nejcooo
Hey buddy! We lilke your comment! Don't worry about haters, I already made a message for them in my very 1st post =)
I don't think it's fair to call people haters that don't share your opinion about releasing an exclusive character.

Wycked
Hello new guy, of course you didn't read previous posts, that is so sad.
If you will do this you will realise that your very strong arguments have been already used by someone other. And btw, read the 1st post, some part of it was made specially for guys like you.
Since people that share your point of view repeat themselves why should other people not use theirs repeatedly? And keep in mind there are people that support you that didn't read anything either so make sure to remind them of the whole thread and not part of it.

Skull
Maybe it's time to invent some new arguments and don't repeating old ones?
Your opinion is very important for TWI for sure, so I hope sometime later you will allow TWI to release HS as a DLC.
There's no point in inventing new arguments because the same one being used again and again is 100% valid. You choose not to see that.

FluX
Yes I already understand how is heavy your opinion is on this forum, just look at your signature picture - like it's says, look at me guys, I am in charge here, my nickname is big and scary! Just kidding, no offence)
Mocking people now? You have broken english. Just kidding, no offence.
Thank you guys for paying attention to our initiative, but I prefer more positive comments, don't forget to show some respect to each other, because sometimes your negative efforts just making me laugh, really, so I am sorry for sarcasm in my current post)
700 - we are comming! Our group like a tank! Hehe)
:IS2:

700 people in the group? Why dont you guys make the character then? Surely there are a couple people within your ranks that will take the time to create it instead of copping out and clicking "join group" or spending 5 minutes writing in the forums. I see you are willing to do the easy things, can any of you work for what you want though?

Upvote 0
Swift-Brutal-Death
Did you offended that I didn't mention you in my last post?) That is why you made such a big post? You answered for other people, do you think they can't answer for themselves? My english is broken? Where? It's fair to call people haters, if they hate. Look at your post. It's full of agression against me. About mocking, it was sarcasm not mocking, I said I am sorry about my sarcasm (I just can't don't laugh at some comments sometimes), read my post, not just copy-paste it. About making character by ourselves, do you mean literally make new character or what? We want HS to be unlocked, nothing else. Just this. Read the 1st post carefully. :cool:

Do you guys really think that you can affect on TWI opinion by your negative comments? Do you really think that if you will insist that HS should be locked Tripwire will keep him locked? I am just curious. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.