• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

• Total voters
to be honest the weapons would be the same as a sharpshooter
it would be confusing to know to what perk should the points go to

Pistols = Gunslinger
Rifles = Sharpshooter

How is that confusing?

Well yes in that case you'r totally right, but if that was possible, firebugs would buy mac's for all the team lol so i see some logic in the "restriction" regarding that specific case :)
Logic in terms of balancing? Yeah, sure
Logic in terms of realistic functionality (even in game-terms)? Not really

Last edited:
Upvote 0
to be honest the weapons would be the same as a sharpshooter
it would be confusing to know to what perk should the points go to

Gunslingers don't use rifles/crossbows as their perk weapon.

Sharpshooters don't use pistols as their perk weapon.*

So i see no reason how the weapons would be the same, as you provided no real evidence beyond stating this contention.

*If the Gunslinger perk was actually ingame.

Upvote 0
. . . . .44 Bump

troll-face-meme-1-1.png

Upvote 0
Names: Gunslinger, Agent, Pistoleer, Handgunner, Small Arms Expert, Officer, ... Pistol Survivalist lol?

And powers (at level 6):

1) 70% Pistol discount
2) 50% Pistol damage
3) 50% Pistol reload speed
4) 60% Pistol "Run n Gun" bonus (Reduction in weaponswaying when moving + reduction in speed penalty while ironsighting)
5) 40% General recoil bonus
6) 50% Faster weapon switching
7) ZED time reflexes (During ZED time, your reload bonus goes up by 1.5x, your recoil bonus 2x, movement speed increases by 15%, double draw speed and all semi-auto pistols become full-auto (no need to click each shot)
8) 80% Visionblur resistance (less screen-shaking etc from vision-blurring attacks etc)

Levelling requirements:
1) Pistol damage

2) Multiple ideas here:
a) Consecutive pistol kills (kills with pistols done within max 2 secs of eachother)
b) ZED time pistol kills
c) Pistol style kills (both a and b together!)

Just some thoughts :)

as a bonus to that, the gunslinger should ONLY get pistols, berettas should be slot 1, deagles 2, 44's 3. That way you can still pick exactly what gun you want.

Upvote 0
I'm not too sure if I support Gunslinger anymore. I am a firm believer that pistols should belong to EVERYONE, and not just one perk.

But I believe that if any perk should be made from this point onwards, it should be one that can apply buffs (like Jester said about the "Officer") and use pistols, or it could be a fast moving shooter person that doesn't suffer from much accuracy loss... maybe. I'm just not too keen on another perk that says "shoot things with X gun".

But things I support that dont add to perks:

- Pistol's removal from SS.
- Slight price reduction in all pistols (they were made in mind of the SS perk, remember)
- Raise the bodyshot damage a little bit. Pistols are panic backup weapons, not sniper rifles, so they should be treated as such.
- Reduce the headshot multiplier so the damage boost doesn't make it OP.
- Every single pistol should weigh 2, and duals weigh 4.

Thoughts? Anything to add/change?

Upvote 0
Well officers aren't allowed to carry rifles (at least where I live), only handguns so how about calling him that?

Gunslinger is totally more wild-west movie dude-ish than that. Gunslinger, that's billy the kid.

Officer you say... maybe a perk that buffs the team in some way maybe when they are close to an Officer and then uses handguns would maybe have a better place in the game than "just another new perk" <--(don't get me wrong).

Upvote 0
It's possible now with the HL that we can move the M10 to Gunslinger from Firebug.

Maybe, as suggested, a STEN or maybe a Sterling for Firebug instead.

I love this idea. I think the Sterling would be the better choice, anyway. It looks a little more "firey" to me somehow.

sterling01.jpg

Perhaps it could do with painted patterns on the barrel shroud? Like flames, or maybe a little firebug logo on the very back of the gun.

Upvote 0
Candlejack and C_Gibby:
I guess you two are supporting my idea to have the (Incendiary) Sterling instead of the Mac10 for the Firebug a lot huh? ;)

It really does look more "fiery" doesn't it? :)

EDIT:

Back to topic - What else, other than pistol shooter, could this perk add, to make it new? Some ideas i've seen floating around are:

- Maybe provide some kind of inspirational "buff aura" (If the perk is to be called "Officer")?
- Perhaps can, besides pistols, use hi-tech gadgets for various support (Stun specimen, distractions etc)?
- The only perk to have some kind of "radar"?
- Able to get some kind of info (damage done, when specimen are about to do their "special power" etc)?
- Maybe a tad controversial for KF, and quite a copy of other games: Able to set out some kind of turret(s)?

I guess multiple of above ideas can be combined too. And I bet you guys and girls can come up with even more fresh ideas :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Candlejack and C_Gibby:
I guess you two are supporting my idea to have the (Incendiary) Sterling instead of the Mac10 for the Firebug a lot huh? ;)

It really does look more "fiery" doesn't it? :)

It was your idea? Well gee, looks like I have to give up my prize.

I have another idea concerning pistols anyway, one that I'd like to put to another thread in a sec.

Upvote 0
Expanding(Buffs, not time/extensions) on zed time would be an interesting buff. A bit random but fresh. Maybe give him extentions later at higher levels to allow him to take full advantage of his zed time buffs.

Possible buffs :
Vanilla KF buffs(Damage,reload speed, ect ect.)

Chance of triggering Zed time: +%
Zed time: Movement Speed
Zed time: Damage
Zed time: Headshot Damage
Zed time: Reload Speed
Zed time: Weapon Accuracy(Spread)

Upvote 0
It was your idea? Well gee, looks like I have to give up my prize.

I have another idea concerning pistols anyway, one that I'd like to put to another thread in a sec.

Umm yeah, here is my first idea of it:
[URL]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=51393
You even posted in it and liked it (lol), but it was in the start of 2011 i suggested this so :p
[/URL]
And then i suggested it again in an even bigger thread (in the Firebug section):
[URL]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=54830
Although, i don't expect anyone to have ever read that whole thing :D
Plus it's not updated either (want to add the new weapons' functions in there as well somewhere)[/URL]

So, yeah, deffo my idea ;)

And that idea you have about the pistols in the other thread probably has a much better chance of being implemented than what this Gunslinger perk does. But either thing would be good enough for me ^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Umm yeah, here is my first idea of it:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=51393http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=51393
You even posted in it and liked it (lol), but it was in the start of 2011 i suggested this so :p

And then i suggested it again in an even bigger thread (in the Firebug section):
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=54830http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=54830
Although, i don't expect anyone to have ever read that whole thing :D
Plus it's not updated either (want to add the new weapons' functions in there as well somewhere)

So, yeah, deffo my idea ;)

And that idea you have about the pistols in the other thread probably has a much better chance of being implemented than what this Gunslinger perk does. But either thing would be good enough for me ^_^

Well I dunno, I remember putting the idea forward before you even joined this forum, as did a few other people. Not that anybody else could care less, but you know. Seriously, your "idea lord" act is getting a bit grating here and there.

Upvote 0
Well I dunno, I remember putting the idea forward before you even joined this forum, as did a few other people. Not that anybody else could care less, but you know. Seriously, your "idea lord" act is getting a bit grating here and there.

Ah ok, well i meant more in the thought of it as a Firebug weapon. And i know that probably no one cares, just wanted to clarify. I mean you used my description of it, that the Sterling looks "firey/fiery". That's all, no harm intended.

And I'm sorry if my "idea lord" persona is overly repeated and boring (i guess that's what you mean with "getting a bit grating", cuz i dunno what grating means :eek: (English is not my primary language)). I am just very passionate about writing ideas and balancing stuff, just like, for example, Candlejack has his thing with being a gun-encyclopedia, knowing ubermuch about weapons in real life etc.

But, BACK ON TOPIC:
It would be nice to hear from TWI what they actually think of all this: Do they want the pistols to still belong to the Sharpshooter, or do they want the Gunslinger perk in the future, or do they want them more as pure sidearms (as you suggested Gibby)?

Upvote 0