• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

• Total voters
We've already discussed this millions of times... Jesus christ, someone willing to do it should write up a whole summary of arguments and their counter arguments or something.
You actually forgot to quote the most important argument in my previous post.
A perk that bring nothing new and a gun that has similar uses to the current HC. I think is clear enough why I say no.

Reactions: Benjamin
Upvote 0
About time this thread died.

hurray for adding a revolver to the Sharpshooter perk!

you do realize that every time someone comes along to pronounce it dead, it basically bumps and recicitates it? :p

Anyways, I believe that this is a unique problem we are facing:

The sharpshooter is losing its grip on pistols, especially akimbo, and for good reason. The SS and dual weilding are essentially conflicting, as they server opposite purposes. It seems to me that the only way to truly balance the SS would be to relieve it of the extra luggage of these problematic weapons. But where should they go?

Well, there's 3 options:
1)Give them to commando (?), which doesn't really seem to work nonetheless, as single-weilded pistols apply more to the SS (relies on powerful headshots), and the commando's loadout just doesn't seem to work with non-auto weapons tacked on.

2)Give a pistol to every perk; still doesn't solve the problem, just covers the problem up by dangling new content and hoping we forget.

3)???: This is where the Gunslinger comes in, the "other" option. Pistols are a unique weapon, and just don't fit with the others; why are we trying to hold together a combonation of weapons that dont work well together, especially if they inherently conflict? The problem would be the role of pistols: they are unique, yes, but are they unique enough in their essential role? Pistols are like light-weight mottled combinations of multiple perk specialties, making them very difficult to place.

See the problem?

Upvote 0
3)???: This is where the Gunslinger comes in, the "other" option. Pistols are a unique weapon, and just don't fit with the others; why are we trying to hold together a combonation of weapons that dont work well together, especially if they inherently conflict? The problem would be the role of pistols: they are unique, yes, but are they unique enough in their essential role? Pistols are like light-weight mottled combinations of multiple perk specialties, making them very difficult to place.

See the problem?

People say that Gunslinger as a perk doesn't seem very realistic. Yet the very notion of posting this thread suggests someone somewhere would jump at the chance to do just what this perk does.

So besides opening another avenue of gameplay, alleviating Sharpshooter of its unconventional weaponry, and giving pistols a proper home, it means that all those people that have all L6 perks and are looking for something else to level get it.

I really don't see many strong arguments against it, besides the amount of work it takes and the fact that it is another perk that does the same thing as others.

However that didn't stop Demo from being implemented, did it?

Upvote 0
Personally, I believe that Gunslinger should be added in to help clear up the SharpShooter of its unconventional weaponry. It would add new aspects to game play and we could BETA it first to make sure that it is alright when used in conjunction with other perks. My only concern is that when and if the update comes out, there will just be teams full of Gunslingers to try it out. That may only last a week or something, so that isn't a big deal.

On another note, has anyone even attempted modding this? If there has been no modding at all attempted, then I seriously doubt that this idea will go anywhere. If we had a mod we could test, it would be much better and possibly raise the chances of it being implemented by a crap load.

Upvote 0
Personally, I believe that Gunslinger should be added in to help clear up the SharpShooter of its unconventional weaponry. It would add new aspects to game play and we could BETA it first to make sure that it is alright when used in conjunction with other perks. My only concern is that when and if the update comes out, there will just be teams full of Gunslingers to try it out. That may only last a week or something, so that isn't a big deal.

On another note, has anyone even attempted modding this? If there has been no modding at all attempted, then I seriously doubt that this idea will go anywhere. If we had a mod we could test, it would be much better and possibly raise the chances of it being implemented by a crap load.

I believe someone made a mutator or something that would simulate the gunslinger. It's on one of these pages.

Upvote 0
very well idea. i never saw a sharpshooter who use the deagles (dont know the exactly names) or the 9mm. except of the beginning.
the deagles are designed and programmed for nothing. if theres a gunslinger, many people would use them. i like the idea because i like those weapons and im looking forward to the perk.

sorry for my bad english...

Upvote 0
HEY! LISTEN!
This is kind of stupid, you know that right? It ruins the sharpshooter perk.
Tell you what. Make a thread about what role that haven't filled yet. Then we can talk.

Yeah, taking away two weapons away from a perk that has way too many weapons is going to ruin the game. Balances it, if anything. You should be reading the thread to be honest, there's so much there that proves that it is the best thing possible.

Upvote 0
HEY! LISTEN!
Tell you what. Make a thread about what role that haven't filled yet. Then we can talk.

You are kind of stupid, you know that right?

Tell you what. Make a post that's actually constructive that hasn't been said yet.

Read the thread before commenting, then we can talk.

This thread/perk idea in no way ruins the Sharpshooter perk.

If we buff the M14 (sights and such) then the Sharpshooter isn't ruined at all, but helped to become a more focused perk.

Upvote 0
HEY! LISTEN!

there's 72 pages of great analysis and criticism as to the validy of this perk being added to the game. please read through it before calling people stupid. kthanx

Upvote 0
HEY! LISTEN!

If somethings stupid here its your post.

How does removing pistols ruin the SS? Atm he got 9mm, Handcannon, LAR, Crossbow and M14. If youd take away pistols hed still have 3 weapons which is actually about the same other perks have or even more - Firebug 2, Demo 3 (or 4 if pipebomb counted), Support 3, Medic 1, Commando 3, Zerker 5 if knife counted in.

Also he can still keep his headshot bonus on both weapons but just give Gunslinger a damage bonus on DUAL pistols to make them useful. SS never uses dual 9mm so thats not gonna affect him in any way. But this is also why I dont rly want him to have a revolver because that would be more like SS territory since its about accuracy. Unless its dual revolvers lol but dunno if that makes any sense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0