• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

General Firearm Discussion

FAIL
nzofk1296977473.png

Upvote 0
Hi, long time no seen.

I'm currently in the middle of my basic training at Guard Jaeger Regiment where I serve my common military service. Especially in the beginning of our shooting practices many people feared the gun going of thus resulting in poor scores. Like a fear of BANG.

I don't know why but I've never felt it and removing loose movement from the trigger (the bullet flies after few more millimeters) doesn't make me anxious. I understand that in these forums there are a lots of people who have shot guns. So, have you experienced this anxiety before shooting?

Upvote 0
I never experienced fear when shooting weapons. Although I did flinch some when I first started shooting M44's and M38's with heavy ball ammo. I don't anymore, but I had to train myself out of it. I'd take five rounds, four were live, and one was a dud. I'd load them randomly, or have a friend load it for me. You find out pretty quick how bad your flinch is then!

Upvote 0
Never, ever had a fear of shooting. Though I have been out on the range on the 300 line setting a target when some jerks decided to ignore the cease fire and start shooting, that was pretty damn hairy.

I've always focused heavily on my target and getting a clean break on the trigger when shooting, I find that means I usually barely register the recoil because I am so focussed on other things.

Upvote 0
I can't even list all of the major wars off the top of my head between 1800-now.

No kidding.

And as for major weapon systems ... Jesus, just between 1861 and 1865 the Union Army in the American Civil War fielded something like 20 or 25 different types of long arms. Never mind pistols. And artillery. And melee weapons. And mines. And grenades.

And also never mind the Confederate Army.

Or any other armed force on the planet.

Or the time period from 1800 to 1860, or 1866 to 2010.

Upvote 0