• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

General Firearm Discussion

Sorry guys I specifically meant the Remington 870 vs the Mossberg 500, I'm getting one when I turn 18.

Also, I'm probably getting an 18" barrel, but for shooting birds, is a longer barrel a necessity, like would an 18" really suck for hunting?

Yeah, if you're shooting birds, you want a longer barrel than 18". Longer barrel means higher velocity means longer reach means more birds in the bag.

Spend a little bit more, get the 870. Get a Wingmaster. It'll be a gun you can give your grandchildren.

Upvote 0
Higher grade furniture, nicer fit and finish, nice little touches here and there that just make it nicer. It's not a quantum leap, but it's definitely more pleasant to the eye and the touch.

Thanks Peter Steele, I'm seriously considering that, the only thing that sucks is the barrel might be long for home defense.

Does anyone here know of any international shop that sells to other countries, that sells replias of authentic 19th centuary weapons?

This place is perfect for that.

http://www.middlesexvillagetrading.com/

Upvote 0
What are the gun laws there like?

First of all you need to be atleast 18. I pass that.

Then you need a clean record down do never even been drunk in public, or atleast caused a problem, so basically, any non-perfect record can not allow weapons. I pass that too.

Then you need to have been a member of a hunting, or shooting club for atleast 6 months, to be able to own a handgun. Add another 6 months for a light rifle and so on. I have never been such a member, then.

You also need to have completed a long and expensive beginner course in weapon handling, i have not done that either.

You may also only keep a weapon at home if you are currently a member of said clubs, or your work involves firearms.

Ammo is also not allowed in one's home.

So it would take years and a lot of money to be able to do that.

Upvote 0
First of all you need to be atleast 18. I pass that.

Then you need a clean record down do never even been drunk in public, or atleast caused a problem, so basically, any non-perfect record can not allow weapons. I pass that too.

Then you need to have been a member of a hunting, or shooting club for atleast 6 months, to be able to own a handgun. Add another 6 months for a light rifle and so on. I have never been such a member, then.

You also need to have completed a long and expensive beginner course in weapon handling, i have not done that either.

You may also only keep a weapon at home if you are currently a member of said clubs, or your work involves firearms.

Ammo is also not allowed in one's home.

So it would take years and a lot of money to be able to do that.
Firearms ownership and shooting is a long term hobby, so if you are really keen put in the effort.

Upvote 0

Thanks, also good. But there are several others i would want too. I have searched a lot too but witout finding certain particular ones. Maybe if i list some:

Winchester Model 1887
M1861 Springfield Musket
Winchester Model 1907
MP 18
Type 38 Arisaka Rifle
Mauser Model 1871
M1903 Springfield
M1918A1 BAR
Gewehr 98

How about any of those?

Upvote 0
you cant keep the ammo in your own home?

Ok I guess I shouldent complain too much more about canadian gun laws. Atleast here we are allowed to keep the gun and ammo together, on the other hand you will probably get pinned for murder one or two if you happen to shoot an intruder, no matter how armed they are or what their known intentions are...

Upvote 0