• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Firebug on Suicidal?

Fair enough, but I still don't think Firebug is the only perk that encourages teamwork. Other perks may be better suited to dealing with enemies more quickly but have a hard time soloing more powerful specimens.

Also I didn't "warp your words" in the least. Unless I misunderstood, you literally said "this (Firebug) is the only perk that requires teamwork."

Here, read it again:

Edit: disregard the last bit, I'm tired and I misread ^

All perks can be used in a way to benefit the team, I guess.

However, I do think that a medic is a good teamwork perk, while a zerdic is in itself, a strategy outside of 'perk bounds'.

Firebugs rely on the team essentially.

Demos often think they don't but they really do in the end (at least more than other perks)

Upvote 0

If you couldn't remember your statement that the whole string of posts stemmed from, you should have figured it out before responding:

This vvv

It's the only perk that encourages teamwork
(you referring to Firebug)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

(It's) not about semantics... maybe I worded it wrong by saying it's the only perk that encourages teamwork.
It's more like this is the only perk that requires teamwork.

se

Upvote 0
I don't believe 'tank' should mean damage-sponge. The whole rpg/mmo use of the word is a misnomer to modern tanks that rely on mobility and firepower more than their armor.
So basically your opinion is more valid than millions of people using the term in that way for over a decade. Regardless of what you "believe [it] should mean", that's its meaning when used in that way. If you are "tanking" something, you are absorbing the damage that it's dealing.

When he said that "it's not about semantics", he was saying that there's no definition to argue over. At no point in time did "tanking" something have the same meaning as "killing" it. Simply put, there's no semantics to argue over. You used an entirely inappropriate term for the meaning you meant to convey. And what you "believe" a term should or should not mean doesn't change that.

Reactions: 9_6 and _Duke_
Upvote 0
I like how you criticized me for being picky about semantics yet now your whole posts is nothing but just that.
How about going into the parts of my post that were relevant to the topic?
Like for instance you said I don't back my statement up with logic...
Reading that quotebox in which I quote myself might help with that you know.

Fyi that post I quoted has been there before you accused me of not elaborating.

Edit: It's even a reply to a post *you* made. Dude...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What the firebug needs for suicidal is a flamethrower that has "Unlimited" "Ammo" Instead of using Cylinders for the fuel, It uses a special "backpack" That enables the fuel to be created from airborne products, In exchange however, If fired for too long without letting it cool down, The Flamethrower overheats and becomes unusable for a short period of time. (The weight would probably 13-14 Since the pack would be quite heavy) This would solve the problem with Ammunition, And allow the firebug to do what it was designed for. Support the team. the point of it is to weaken and slow Specimens, while killing the weaker ones

Upvote 0
My 'whole post' was about semantics because you clearly did not understand the meaning of the word.

Please forgive me for trying to explain something. I am for shamed.
This whole arguments cause is your inability to read and I see you're out of things to say on-topic anyway.
Next time you try to criticize someone, make sure what you say can be backed up and doesn't collapse in itself by just pointing at what has been said before you pitched in, let alone as a reply to your own post.

Now on top of this argument that goes nowhere, I'm all out of pizza. How much does that suck?

Reactions: _Duke_
Upvote 0
My 'whole post' was about semantics because you clearly did not understand the meaning of the word.
How are we supposed to know the meaning of a word when you're using your own personal dictionary? Unless you posted the definitions somewhere for us to read, there's no way we can know that to "tank" something means to kill it when EVERYONE knows that the meaning of the word in that context is to absorb the damage its dealing, because that has been its definition for over 10 years now.

So either use proper terms in their proper places, or give us a link to Duke's Opinion Dictionary so that we can know what you're talking about when you use words completely out of their intended context.

Edit: Oh, and if we're ordering out, make sure there's at least one pizza that's just pepperoni. Lemme know how much I gotta chip-in.

Last edited:
Reactions: _Duke_
Upvote 0
So basically your opinion is more valid than millions of people using the term in that way for over a decade. Regardless of what you "believe [it] should mean", that's its meaning when used in that way. If you are "tanking" something, you are absorbing the damage that it's dealing.

That's the truth. The classic definition of the "tank" is the high armor/high HP/high output damage character that stays at the front, and draws aggro, while everyone else either attacks from behind or heals and buffs.

Upvote 0
Many also have white sauces, instead of the typical marinara sauce. Either way, they are tasty, but only when loaded with meat and jalapenos. My goodness, but I love jalapenos...

seconded. Jalepenos are very tasty:D

And yes, it someties does have alfredo instead of marinara. But I do think that they are good even without the meat and jalepenos, although those make the pizza even better in my book.

Upvote 0