• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Firebug on Suicidal?

There have been no real balance changes at all in the past half a year, so yeah, he's mostly not too great of a choice. However there IS a balance patch coming up soon enough that will hopefully fix this.
Personally i wish they'd get around to making it so just like in the WTF mod, if you sprayed fire on the ground, zeds walking over the fire would catch fire too. It just makes sense and actually saves you a lot of ammo since you might hit directly in front of the zed on accident instead of directly pouring fire onto the zed.

Upvote 0
Personally i wish they'd get around to making it so just like in the WTF mod, if you sprayed fire on the ground, zeds walking over the fire would catch fire too. It just makes sense and actually saves you a lot of ammo since you might hit directly in front of the zed on accident instead of directly pouring fire onto the zed.

Tripwire could learn a LOT of things from the WTFmod.

Upvote 0

Do you think the members would mind donating that coding?

Because its an awesome feature in wtf, and would be an awesome feature in retial.

Upvote 0
I'm sure they wouldn't mind telling you what they did to make it happen. The modding community is fairly open. I'd be ecstatic if i ever saw this feature in retail.

Yeah, it would really boost the firebug in a way that would add a nice new dimension to firebug gameplay.

I mean, after playing wtfmod, I now shoot at the corridor floors automatically hoping to make a wall of fire, much to my teammates surprise and unhappiness

Upvote 0
Tripwire could learn a LOT of things from the WTFmod.

Alot of good ideas in WTF mod, however 1 thing that is naff in it is the extra Flamethrower ammo. I got so bored just spraying wildly at everything with total reckless abandon all the time that I swapped to medic and kept the flamethrower to actually have some fun again.

But that is my only complaint.

Upvote 0

Well, when I left, the Firebug was competent at most difficulties, and excelled for the first wave or two. No questions there. Thanks for the link, though I'm quite familiar with the FB, probably more so than any sane person should be. :)

Spoiler!

However, playing as nearly any other perk also at level 6 in suicidal I can take out the trash just as effectively and actually be able to kill tougher specimen, without running out of ammo mid-wave to do so.

Perhaps you play perks differently than I do, but even though I have much more experience with the FB than I do with other perks, I find it much more easy to play suicidal with those other perks than with the Firebug. I do not think that is coincidental, and many opinions on the forums here seem to agree with me on this. If this does not seem to be the case for you, I should either say kudos or good luck in learning how to play those other perks, too. Hehe... just messing. ;)

Upvote 0
Whether or not it is inferior seems to be a matter of taste and teamwork more than anything else.

Yes, there certainly are always lots of opinions, I assume that's what you meant.

Of course, putting it off to taste would be a bit like saying "wether this is an excellent car for racing is a matter of taste." ;)

As far as the team goes, the team is not a component of the Firebug, the person playing the Firebug is a component of the team. The person playing the Firebug can improve (or worsen) teamwork, but that, and the quality of the team(work), will never make the Firebug perk and weapons change.

I don't disagree that such things matter, but I was really not asking "if you are a better (team-)player, will you do better with the Firebug?"

I'm more interested in balance and hard numbers, which can be quantified. This next spoiler is a repost from an old sheet, but I assume nothing much has changed, from what it sounds like. If you have a good grasp on how to interpret numbers (and after all, everyone who managed it here mastered internet forums :)) I encourage you to look at it. I found it very interesting, though tedious to make. It did require some arbitrary decisions, such as numbers of targets that can be hit, as noted in the sheet.

Spoiler!

Reactions: Selnath
Upvote 0
Really? Medics don't encourage teamwork?
lol no. When **** hits the fan, they tend to run off on their own rather than die with the rest of the team trying to keep them alive. Then they rambo 100,000,000 specimens on their own for an hour and a half while you have to sit and watch them, after which they probably wont give you any money.

Upvote 0