• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

developers please confirm or deny a console version.

To be honest console gamers are spoiled silly compared to us PC gamers so I applaud tripwire if they keep this PC only....

XBOX owners go take solace in HALO:Reach (would take RO2 anyday)...and PS3 owners can play Red Dead Redemption (that is a game I want to see on the PC).

So yeah I think it's fair that this is PC only....and have no qualms that console gamers are missing out...they already have enough new games being released.

Upvote 0
Don't bring that **** in here, console games are pirated just as much as PC games these days. Especially big releases - they always hit warez/torrents a month before release. I only have a handful of "console focussed" friends and they pirate games way more than I ever have.

Treat people like criminals and they'll act like criminals.

Companies do not switch from PC to console because of piracy. That is a bull**** excuse - usually to compensate simply for "I want a bigger market and more media attention".

Thanks for taking up for me in my absence.

Reactions: Hans Ludwig
Upvote 0
what if this is just a stretch instead of making a console game and porting it to pc we do the reverse we take a pc game and port it to console.

but a better soloution is that they make a seperate game that is on console.

but i ask why :IS2: the is the best tank. because it really wasn't that good cept for its really big gun.

Upvote 0
what if this is just a stretch instead of making a console game and porting it to pc we do the reverse we take a pc game and port it to console.

but i ask why :IS2: the is the best tank. because it really wasn't that good cept for its really big gun.

Kind of like Birds of Prey was for the console and Wings of Prey was for PC.

Reactions: CopperHead
Upvote 0

or just don't make a console version. probably the best solution to this problem.

Upvote 0
2vjueyb.jpg

Upvote 0
When I read the title of this thread.. I skipped all posts except the original one... just to get my opinion on here quickly...

HELL NO!!!! lol.. not to be an asshat.. but wow.. Halo Reach just came out.. when those kids find out RO:HoS is coming to 360 in 2011.. they'll want their mommy's and daddy's to buy it for them also.

My gf's little brother for example, mic spams all the time. Guess where he got that idea from... HALO COMBAT EVOLVED! (originally a console game, might I add..) Now he asked his dad to buy him a computer about 6 months ago.. so he can play Counter-Strike: Source, and ever since then.. "NUB!", "H4x0R!", "Scrub", etc.. has been added to his newly developed vocabulary.

I'm so pissed that Valve moved to consoles, because now.. Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, and even the mod's not on console.. are being OVERRAN BY LITTLE HALO PLAYERS!! This isn't cool!! Hah.

A better idea would be to make a 2D version of RO and release it as an arcade game for xBox.. pfft.. like Castle Crashers.. (STUPID GAME).

My conclusion, is this.. when a PC based game expands to console.. it grabs the attention of all the little annoying children that play console's only because they're too young, or incompetent mostly, to use a computer and its controls.. Tripwire has yet to get the attention of all those little kids, THANK GOD, so please.. lets keep it that way. Let them get the game when they learn how to use "W, S, A, D" simultaneously with the mouse and are old enough to see limbs blown off of video game characters without having nightmares.. (we don't want a Left 4 Dead 2 type ban of RO from Australia, or other countries for that matter, due to the elementary kids telling their parents the source of their dreams).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As convenient as HoS on console sounds... I can't see it working out well

Consoles have the advantage over PC's in that everyone is on an equal playing field in terms of hardware, whereas PC gamers can be handicapped if they have a slower rig

But for a game like RO, I feel like the gameplay would suffer too much to justify porting it to consoles. I doubt free-aim (one of the gold standards of RO) would work well with analog sticks, or even at all. Not to mention the control scheme would probably be very cut-down... there's only so much you can do with the limited amounts of buttons on controllers, while on PC you have access to 3 times as many keys to map actions to

Upvote 0

I love this diagram signifying the exact effects of this system.

Also love all of the points you guys are making about DRM in PC games these days. GTA4 by far being one of the worst cases that I have personally experienced. You had to run Windows Live and login to an account, you had to activate the game via a live online activation system, you had to run the RockStar games Social club program, and I think there were a few other steps just to use your game. God forbid you should want to reinstall the game, or wipe your hard drive. The only way you could backup your saved game was to go into your /AppData/Local directory and backup the Save Games folder and backup your windows live folder. If you did not save your windows live folder, the saved game files would not work if you try to restore them later. Giant pain in the ***.

On topic, I don't care for the idea of RO being ported to consoles. Consoles have enough exclusive titles out there that PC gamers can't access, or if the PC does get a version it gets absolutely no attention and is just slapped together and thrown out there. I love the idea of having more amazing titles out there that are for the PC only, there is just not enough of them anymore. Anybody who wants to use a controller can always use an Xbox360 controller, or for that matter, just buy a PC gamepad with simple programming software. With most programming softwares that come with PC gamepads you can very quickly and easily BIND any keyboaord/mouse controls to any button/joystick on your gamepad. Also, since you are still playing on the PC, you will still have access to your keyboard for the more advanced actions/commands that you simply could not fit onto the gamepad. Just setup the gamepad for all of your more basic actions/commands like Movement, Sprinting, Aiming down sights, Firing, reloading ect.... Then all of the other misc movements/actions you can still use your keyboard. I used to do that years back when I first started PC gaming and didn't yet realize the advantage of using a mouse to aim. Now I cannot stand trying to aim using a Joystick. I get carpel tunnel in my thumb just to aim from the hip.

Last edited:
Upvote 0