• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

developers please confirm or deny a console version.

a company has to stay alive. it needs profit. on the other hand, you have the aspect of artisty, pride in one's work, and innovation...things that come from having deeper personal investments in a product. i'm guessing from the amount of game franchises that have "crossed over" to console, trying to maintain this balance must be extremely hard.

Look, I'm a business major. I understand the ethos....

But I don't work for those companies... and I could care less if they sink or swim.

I won't buy games from Developers that make the Modern Warfare, Battlefield, Medal of honor.. and all that ****. They are monsters. My money will go to tripwire... unless they become like those companies. I'm not saying any developer that makes a console game won't be cool. I am just saying, I like PC games first and foremost. Consoles are prolly here to stay (regrettably) So I buy the games I want years later... like Star Wars the Force Unleashed, and Bio shock.

But seriously.. Look on steam at how much Modern warfare2 is to buy. It's still 59.99 bloody dollars. It has been almost a year, and they are still trying to ask THAT much for that game? lol. I am planning on pirating it JUST ON PRINCIPLE because of that.

Call of Duty World at War is still 30 bucks, damn game is 2 years old.

Just bs to me. That is the kinda business tactics that justify, in my eyes, the illegal piracy gimmick.

Upvote 0
Dual wielding Kar 98ks, love to see the load animation for that:p

Mosins whit bayonet count as javelins.

General winter kill streak disables all but melee, I heard that is the best way to boost yuor self to :IS2:.

Also, nerf vodka users, they take so many hits it's just too unrealistic, k thx bai

Erm, on serious note; I would mind seeing game being designed to pc and ported to console rather than the other way around...tripwire just might pull it off.

Upvote 0
does it matter if they make a console version not in the slightest if they dont dumb down the PC version - which as far as I've seen they not mentioned doing.

Look on the bright side we're gunna have one hell of and edge over the poor buggers on consoles - better graphix, better control etc

And I cant see TW dumbing the pc version to make it console compatable, they may well make a console version, and it may be converted from PC version, they'd be daft if they didn't consider it

Upvote 0
does it matter if they make a console version not in the slightest if they dont dumb down the PC version - which as far as I've seen they not mentioned doing.

Look on the bright side we're gunna have one hell of and edge over the poor buggers on consoles - better graphix, better control etc

And I cant see TW dumbing the pc version to make it console compatable, they may well make a console version, and it may be converted from PC version, they'd be daft if they didn't consider it

well i guess it would mean a smaller player base since it would be spread out, plus pc exclusive will bring more people to pc and that is good for all of us.

Upvote 0
My little experience with consoles is that no one has ever made a FPS that was not arcade like. Maybe Tripwire could pull it off. If they had a console version just like the PC version then I would believe they would be the first to do a true FPS on console. I have to say the last Brothers In Arms series was nothing but a console version for the PC. It felt like a maze you had to go through for each level. There was no open territory and real world environment like RO. This is just my opinion. So please do not get your panties in a twist over my opinion. However with that said maybe Tripwire could be the first to do a proper FPS game on console.

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by CopperHead
I am planning on pirating it JUST ON PRINCIPLE because of that.

This is why we have DRM and so few companies left that produce only PC titles. Way to go hero.

I agree with Hans Ludwig. This is why companies are switching over to consoles. With a comment like that you show no respect for the work or the legal rights of Tripwire.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Don't bring that **** in here, console games are pirated just as much as PC games these days. Especially big releases - they always hit warez/torrents a month before release. I only have a handful of "console focussed" friends and they pirate games way more than I ever have.

Treat people like criminals and they'll act like criminals.

Companies do not switch from PC to console because of piracy. That is a bull**** excuse - usually to compensate simply for "I want a bigger market and more media attention".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Don't bring that **** in here, console games are pirated just as much as PC games these days. Especially big releases - they always hit warez/torrents a month before release. I only have a handful of "console focussed" friends and they pirate games way more than I ever have.

Companies do not switch from PC to console because of piracy. That is a bull**** excuse - usually to compensate simply for "I want a bigger market and more media attention".

Quote for massive truth :IS2:

Reactions: HerrPorsche
Upvote 0
don't bring that **** in here, console games are pirated just as much as pc games these days. Especially big releases - they always hit warez/torrents a month before release. I only have a handful of "console focussed" friends and they pirate games way more than i ever have.

Companies do not switch from pc to console because of piracy. That is a bull**** excuse - usually to compensate simply for "i want a bigger market and more media attention".

qfft

Reactions: HerrPorsche
Upvote 0
BTW: All those anti-piracy protections only hit in customers. I totally don't understand why client who paid for game has to suffer of any kind DRMs, secuROMs etc which are pointless. Whatever have been done by human can be broken by human (famous ubisoft DRM case) . What's more: pirate version of application are usually more user-friendly than original one with DRM protections.

1281104758drm.jpg

+1 to SheepDips post

Reactions: CopperHead
Upvote 0

Have a civilized discussion. I was not aware that consoles were pirated at all. That is new to me. I am only a pc guy. I can remember back to the days of the Commodore 64. I was a young lad then and I used to pirate games back then. The older I get the more I realize that the more stuff is pirated the less of what people want will come out. That is the point I was trying to make. I am amazed at some of the people here that have so many posts but seem to want to argue all the time. You can flag my post that you do not like it. I laugh at this...:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0