• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Here's some shaky cam footage with a dudes head in the way of the screen better than nothing I suppose.

Yeah not overly helpfull, it didn't show us anything special, nothing that hasen't been a standard for FPSRPG's for a long time now (conversation tree's, multiple ways to get what you need, NPC's standing about that you can have limited interaction with, all of that), so i guess there's only 3 things we've learned from this:

It IS an FPSRPG, and thankfully, not just an action game.

There's a cover system apparently, which i'm not sure is a good thing.. here's hoping the game takes after Deus-Ex and NOT Invisible War in it's features and options.

Non-Lethal takedowns seem to be an option (well, i'm assuming the guy he punched and dragged away lived).

Upvote 0
I bought 1 (not 2) today, because I've heard people talk about Deus Ex forever and never tried it. And I've gots to protect my nerd cred.

Just finished the training mission. It's going to take some willpower to get over the severely dated graphics.
There are a few Direct3D 10 renderers and HD textures mods out there which can make the visual experience bearable.

Upvote 0
Oh I know it supposedly has good game play. It's just I've played many things that were eventually inspired by Deus Ex....so the appeal of a great RPG shooter is somewhat less. That and I have so many other tasty things to play.

There are a few Direct3D 10 renderers and HD textures mods out there which can make the visual experience bearable.

Thanks, I'll give them a looksee. My only true complaint is the dynamic lighting is so bad, walls in the dark look like they're covered with oil, that's how bad the pixelation break down is.

Upvote 0
The way this is set up makes it look like its going to be dumbed down at some level, allowing the player to run in and shoot everything while still letting you be stealthy and the such as in the first game. From what I've seen, it doesn't actually seem to be a very open game besides maybe one or two points in a level where you can choose which of two similar paths to take and other things of that nature.

I'll probably get it anyway when the time comes, but it'll probably seem better if you don't imagine it as a sequel to Deus Ex.

Upvote 0
It's not bieng developed by Square Enix, they are 'merely' the publisher.
Ubisoft Montreal is doing the actual development.
I do think the Hawaii division of Square is doing the cg cutscenes tough. They did the Spirits Within movie too iirc.

I'm really holding my breath for this one. I hope it's in the same vain as the first one.

Upvote 0
I hope he was referring to the slightly inflammatory nature of the image...specifically the image of the (I'm guessing) down syndrome sufferer being used to depict someone who is rather dim.

That's one finger DraKon does not get to point at others, considdering what he has let slip in IRC, him accusing others of beeing politically incorrect would be hypocracy on a massive scale.

Yeah, we haven't forgotten what you got kickbanned for DraK..

Upvote 0
I hope he was referring to the slightly inflammatory nature of the image...specifically the image of the (I'm guessing) down syndrome sufferer being used to depict someone who is rather dim.
Exactly.

@Grobut -> I honestly couldn't care less, now stop derailing the thread with your personal feelings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reposting the text because the original was deleted. Had no idea the linked image would be considered offensive.

My prediction: Human Revolution's combat will be better than Deus Ex 1's but the story will be at least as cringe-worthy and horrible as Invisible War's. IW did NOT deserve to bear the Deus Ex name, and there's little more hope for this title. Also hate the style. The first game had a gritty look to it, this is a lot more fantastical and stylized.

Wouldn't have any problem with the sequels if they weren't sequels but their own franchise. There's just no comparison.

@ Grobut: It's just a prediction. I'm not saying Human Revolution will certainly be a bad game. If it turns out to be as good as (or even close to as good as) the original Deus Ex, I'll eat my words with pleasure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@ Grobut: It's just a prediction. I'm not saying Human Revolution will certainly be a bad game. If it turns out to be as good as (or even close to as good as) the original Deus Ex, I'll eat my words with pleasure.

As will i, it may yet turn out to be a good game, who knows, but i am very sceptical that it'll be a good Deus-Ex, and the fact that it bears that title could easilly ruin it for me.

Upvote 0
Looks good IMO. I'm a bit worried about the extensive use of third person but... oh well. That club owner in the video, Tong, is he family of Tracer Tong? Grandfather maybe?

I love the art style, the music and the setting... the protagonist looks pretty cool too.

Hopefully it'll be good and not a watered down, shallow version of Deus Ex that you'll finish in 8 hours.

Oh, and iron sights!

Last edited:
Upvote 0