• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

The video itself looks pretty cool, and the interpretation of the gameplay looks pretty good - but rather strangely it features some piss poor visuals with regards textures and animations...what the hell is going on here?
Yeah as for textures I thought it might have something to do with video compression or sth(though that would be rather strange as I watched GT HD). Or maybe it's from the 360 version idk. But I'm pretty confident that since PC will have the best graphics as always that we won't have to see such crappy textures.

Reactions: SheepDip
Upvote 0
Hmm. I can't agree to that. Modern games on the PC have baffled me with how bad they look in combination with how bad they run.

I admittedly have a very dated rig, which I can't upgrade till summer due to monetary reasons, but I could play games until aboput the time of GTA4. Most modern games since then care eff all about graphics settings and run equally bad in best and worst detail settings, despite the little detail settings making gmaes look like PS2 titles...

Upvote 0
Well damn, since I'm currently playing Deus Ex (1) I thought I'd re-watch the Human Revolution CGI+Gameplay trailers, and I have to say it looks really awesome AND authentic! Looks like they're sticking to the routes. The only thing that's kinda weird is the state of technology, but I guess that's because a) I'm not sure when Deus Ex' timeline changes from ours so 17years from us seem pretty close of course b) Deus Ex 1 is technically very limited from a 2010 POV so they might not have been able to realize everything they wanted in the way they wanted. Or maybe the new Devs just didn't think the timeline through properly :p

Reactions: Stormer
Upvote 0
I think it's more because in Deus Ex 1 they were trying to make a believable future that doesn't look much different from today, whereas Revolution is totally stylized. Reminds me of Blade Runner, which is not a bad thing, but I always expected gritty realism from Deus Ex. I guess Invisible War was pretty out there as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Invisible War seemed very well in-line with Deus Ex 1 with regards to technology and continuity. That may be one of the few things they did right, though.

Human revolution is definetly more "blade runner" than Deus Ex, but I can live with that. They seem to have good artists and they should be able to use them and their ideas. Like, there's the Burton Batmans and there's the Nolan Batmans. They look almost nothing alike but are both respectable in their own ways.

Upvote 0
Invisible War seemed very well in-line with Deus Ex 1 with regards to technology and continuity. That may be one of the few things they did right, though.

Human revolution is definetly more "blade runner" than Deus Ex, but I can live with that. They seem to have good artists and they should be able to use them and their ideas. Like, there's the Burton Batmans and there's the Nolan Batmans. They look almost nothing alike but are both respectable in their own ways.

Yeah i'm starting to see things that way too, Burton vs Nolan, a good comparison really.

Ultimately, i can look past it and accept it as long as HR manages to become a good Deus-Ex game, unlike Invisible War which was just unbelivably poopy and let us never speak of it again...

But i will remain sceptical till it can prove itself otherwise (and do so on the PC, no less, DX will allways be a PC game in my mind, and this one will have to feel like a good PC game to win me over), Eidos and Square though.. yeah well, i am sceptical.

Reactions: Stormer
Upvote 0
But i will remain sceptical till it can prove itself otherwise (and do so on the PC, no less, DX will allways be a PC game in my mind, and this one will have to feel like a good PC game to win me over), Eidos and Square though.. yeah well, i am sceptical.
Never heard of Square Enix before this game so I'll wait and see. It's bound to lack in certain areas as do most first person games that are cross-platform. Especially user-interface-wise I expect the usual. But it shouldn't have the small levels that plagued IW anymore as consoles have picked up.

But yeah it's a hit or miss thing with the new developer, hard to tell at this point.
I just finished deus ex, incredibly awesome game! Now from what ending does Invisible War pick up?
After Deus Ex 1. Eventhough it tries hard to expand on the things that make Deus Ex' story and setting so great, it basically ruins the once interesting universe and plays worse than part 1 along the way because everything is dumbed down. It even manages to look uglier at times besides running on Unreal Engine 2. Though to be fair it'd be an okay game judged differently if it wasn't for the original.

Last edited:
Upvote 0