• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

And what rights would those be? I've already shown you how EA isn't violating your privacy and snooping around any private files that you think they are. I will agree that Origin is a pile of junk but I sure as hell don't feel like it's violating any of my rights. I just hate the principle of the program with the fact that EA pulled out of Steam to get more returns on sales.

Not even really Origin related, but the no-sue-clause alone is a big steaming pile of ****. What EA actually did was translating the U.S. EULA 1:1 into german, not caring about the applicability within German law. That's just bloody amateurish.

Upvote 0
So it's a week before I start working full time again and I came across a little over 60 bucks to spend. I can buy RO2 and have some money left over, or spend practically all of it on BF3. I went with BF3. After spending about 4 hours waiting around for Origin to activate my game so I was able to play I was getting kind of frustrated thinking about what I had done and possibly regretting my decision.

Once I got into the game though I knew it was worth it. Many of you might not like this game, but I think it's great. Origin sucks but it was totally worth it being able to play. There aren't too many bugs I've come across, and the main thing being that I am disconnected from a server at random. Other than that everything has been great. It sucks that I have hardly any excitement left for RO2, since I've been waiting for this game as long as many of you. That's my experience with BF3, love it, not all of you do but this is just me.

You probably made the right choice.

As for the random disconnects. Update Punkbuster - just google punkbuster update and the rest is self explanatory.

Upvote 0
A different example of cheating - http://csnation.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1092&d=1319850511

To honestly believe that there are no cheaters in the game is damn foolish, especially with the example above and the guy a few posts up that had the 19K score 34/1 KD ratio and top rank. :rolleyes:
I do honestly believe its to do with the client side data, I think people are just altering the files which effect the score, someone said in the server that the guy using it was getting some like 500 points per kill...

Upvote 0
The rubberbanding is so annoying!
Yeah. Next to not wanting to give my money to EA this was my main reason for not buying the game. From what I experienced in the beta and from what I've heard from people playing the final release, it's even worse than BC2.

I really can't understand how people can tolerate playing FPS games with such horrid hit detection.

Upvote 0
Depends on the server.
I'm starting to filter out the servers...

64 player is overkill, about 32 is ok.
No vehicles.
Hardcore.
€urope.

Playable.

EDIT: Is that a word ? playable.
I hardly ever play FPS games on high ping servers. Over 50 is something that I consider to be high. If it's nearing 100 then I simply refuse to play.

When I play a BF game I want big battles on big maps and with all kinds of vehicles. If I wanted to play a CQC game, I'd pick something else.

So yeah, what you suggested doesn't really solve any of my problems with the game.

And yes, playable is a word. :p

Upvote 0
I don't think DICE are even playing their own game once I read the up coming hints at the next patch:
http://www.gamezone.com/news/battlefield-3-jets-improved-stingers-nerfed-in-upcoming-patch
Jets dont "suck balls" but rather the unlocks system sucks balls, once a Jet has flares it cannot be be shot down unless you follow up with a 2nd missile but with the stealth perk (longer lock on time for heat seeking) means that the pilot can has enough cool down to do another flare. Also jets dont even NEED flares to beat STINGERS as all what they need to pull up and use the after burner to get out of the short range of the STRINGERS. If they do go through with this patch its gonna be pretty unplayable on jet servers...

Also did you know that if a jet rams a heli in mid air that it only takes off a tiny bit of health?

Upvote 0
One review mentioned that you unlock Stingers earlier than you do flares. Now I'm hearing jets are almost unkillable. I tell you what, they shouldn't have put jets in. Jets don't travel at Cessina speeds, shooting missiles at each other from 30 meters away. Guns themselves on jets are probably a waste since radar and all that jazz takes care of combat way before you would be able to see your enemy. And Stingers have a much better range than is in the game but obviously to balance the game they've neutered everything. Everything about jets and anti-jet countermeasures are castrated. I just find the sheer lack of realism in this phase of the game to be ridiculous. Some people get a kick out of it, but there's some nice authentic elements to the games other phases, that the jets completely lack.

Upvote 0
To me it felt extremely boring and stale. Probably the worst implemntation of any type of vehicle in any type of game ever. :p

I can't possibly refute that, eh?

It's pretty clear that the jets in this game were meant to fight other airborne craft. And the ground-AA weapons (like the stinger) are more for choppers, and aerial drones and the odd jet. The anti-AA measures are basically to remove the annoyance of being shot down from the ground. Meh.

Upvote 0