• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

Completely disapointed with every aspect of the game so far.

Web-based browser: Fail
Single Profile per purchase: Fail
Unable to change options unless spawned: Fail
Subpar 3d models: Fail
First four items listed as Fail: Fail
Feels like I'm playing Xbox (not even 360): Fail
The fact they spent more money and manpower than RO2 and still failed: Fail
Fail: Fail
10 out of 7 servers I played in already had players, laying on their back shooting me in my spawn through walls from their spawn: Fail
No Punkbuster, PB Bans, or VAC: Fail
Didn't get my early access key like I was promised: Fail
Fail: Fail: Fail

Upvote 0
tumblrli9phj.jpg

It's as though they had no clue as to why BC2 and Moh were so bad and just continued the trend.

Reactions: LightsabeR
Upvote 0
I played an hour or so

Can't bind mouse 4 and 5

can't chat

No voip

Server browser is crap

Graphics are not impressive at all way too much over done effect and it run like crap on a small map like metro

Kills are not satisfying

Weapon handle like crap

So many stuff to unlock that if you buy the game late you are screwed

Reminds me of CoD but with more people camping

No way to communicated for teamwork

Can't access option menu when I want I have to be spawned to change my settings which resulted in me being killed a couple of time trying to do my binding and fixing the video settings

Where is the full scale destruction

So far I'm really not impressed but I have to try the vehicule map
You can chat, but the game really is a mess in my opinion. Granted I only played Operation Metro, but I'm not impressed with what I've seen.

The guns don't even feel like they're real, to be honest, so the gunplay is quite flat. I like how it doesn't take many hits to kill, but that just means its even more of a snipefest than BF2.

The graphics are pretty good, but my performance wasn't too hot with what I was seeing, even with graphics turned down quite a bit. My FPS would be fine, but I would get constant stuttering regardless, making the game very frustrating to play given its fast pace. I've noticed some really gamey **** in there too, like an uber sniper scope glare as well as cheesy tracer fire to show where enemy snipers are. Really?! It's like MoH:Airborne all over again.

On top of everything else, the beta itself is terribly put together. The web interface is frustrating, the game requires a manual alt-enter just to get it full screen, there is no way to choose a team or a squad right from the get go, and, perhaps most frustratingly, the ONLY way to access the ESC menu is if you're alive and in game. If you die or are waiting to respawn, there is no way to leave! I've had to alt-F4 my way out ...

Obviously much of this will be fixed in the release, but how do you release a beta without even basic menu stuff working?!

All in all, I'm not impressed so far. I'll keep it installed for a bit longer to keep giving it a shot, and in case more maps release, but so far I'm glad I didn't bother pre ordering.

Reactions: Harb
Upvote 0
Played a bit just now, Op. Metro plays just like BC2 but a little worse tbh, looking forward to get to play some Conquest :p

I admit i felt many things lacking that RO2 have like crouch running, leaning, sticking to cover and the fact that the character always return to his last stance after running. I guess its a matter of getting used to not having these things.

Things i didnt liked in the game:
- the glare that the sniper scope gives, looks like a friggin flashlight, when someone points a flashlight at you is like you are staring at the sun.
- the quantity of things that pop-up onscreen when you kill someone, this gets even worse when you earn ribbons and stuff.
- the always on HUD
- the infamous doritos a.k.a 3D spotting.
- the bipod rifles with ironsights, when you move the camera the aim gives an afterimage... really annoying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0