• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

Well they better have enough maps this time around from the beginning. I won't be putting up with the same 8 maps for half a year like in BC2, that lack of variety totally killed the game off for me after a certain point.

As for the MG, I hope they make them less efficient or at least "easy to handle & difficult to master". I think it will play a big role which class gets it. IMO Support class should have it and not Medics, because let's face it, BC2 Medics are easily the strongest.

Upvote 0
But am I the only one who liked BFBC2 more than BF2? While it is certianly better than the CoD games online, BF2 was very underwhelming in almost every way aside from map size and graphics.
To me, BFBC2 handles far better and the terrain destruction is pure win. But BF2 produced more fun gameplay for me and my friends. Despite the grenade whoring and claymores. Probably because of the maps, to be honest. BFBC2 maps still feel claustrophic compared to BF2 maps. It really shows with choppers. Despite both games having choppers, they play totally differently because of the maps. We used to have whole squads using black hawks for an entire game in BF2. You're lucky if you can enjoy a black hawk for more than 30 seconds in BC2.

Teamwork seems like it was better enforced and more accepted by players in BF2. It feels like a byproduct of luck or timing in BC2.

Although I will say Oasis is awesome, and I wish more maps were like it.

Upvote 0
lol It obviously wasn't the worst game you've ever played. Get a grip of yourself.

Whilst it's a sweeping statement for all we know he's only played a few games, so yes it could be the worst game he's ever played.

CoolFace.png

Reactions: illinifan
Upvote 0
I started the series with BF2. So whatever problems it added were new problems to me.

BC2 gets boring to me after about 2 matches. The only thing that keeps me playing longer than that is if I'm on a newb server and get to feed people rockets all night long. BC2 for us became a "run in and die" kind of shooter far quicker than BF2.

And like I said, team work.

Upvote 0
since when was the presence of teamwork this big thing that could make or break a game? i'd be happy if it was single player only. just make sure it's realistic, authentic, looks good. 3 simple things that only about 3 or 4 game sin the history of gaming have ever achieved simultaneously. the gaming "industry" is a pathetic hunk of crap. i hope it sinks and the normal(real)developers get to rule it once more.

Upvote 0
If they didn't have jets and prone etc in the features list, and only new stuff unknown to previous titles, you guys would spend the entire thread *****ing about how they're castrating the BF series and that they should 'go back to basics' by adding prone and jets.

have you got a problem with endless critiquing and bashing? hmm, DO YOU1!1? :D

I would'nt be too hopefull for this, many of us who appreciate a more realistic game play will Definitely be left up ****s creek. Whether it comes through on more basic levels ( actual gameplay, lag correction, modding) is something to wait and see, I personally wont be trusting their hype machine further then I can kick it.

Upvote 0
BF3 could be in a league of its own with fully destructable terrain, big maps, proper mod support, great visuals and without the Benny Hill -style gameplay that made BF2 and BC2 seem so ridiculous. For example, seeing other players parachuting from the 2nd floor or bunnyhopping on the ground ruin the immersion. Hitscan has never been anything worth praising about in BF games either, except in Vietnam and 1942 the weapons felt very effective.

Modern warfare isn't necessarily a bad theme, it actually fits the Battlefield franchise very well, but I was looking forward to seeing something else rather than the same scenario that has recycled for the past few years. If Dice would pick up a historical event, it would most likely turn out to be very inaccurate and shallow. I don't understand how anyone would like a BF game with muskets.

I'm still fairly optimistic that BF3 might turn out to be a massive war game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here's a Gamespy article with some Twitter-answered questions, and a tech demo of the Frostbite 2.0 engine (in which they show how shiny their bump mapping is, and how much they like lighting.)

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/battlefield-3/1148162p1.html

Yes, there will be spotting.

Dolphin Diving is out. Period.

Vehicle/Infantry balance is a focus for me, it will be awesome this time.

No plans for ziplines or grapple hooks no.

Yes, prone is on all platforms.

BF3 will be deeper than BF2. That said we've paid a lot of attention to keeping depth while pacing the learning curve.

BF3 is the sequel to BF2. It's not BC3.

Friendly Fire will be an option, yes.

No comment on commander.

Yes, there is bullet drop. Doesn't work the same as BC2 though, it's a much deeper system.

No, no tracer darts. That's a bit too BC and not enough BF.

No, I won't confirm any vehicles from the teaser.

One of the cities is Tehran... Yes, yes there will be sand.

Upvote 0